• Hi Guest . We are in the process of installing new software. If you notice a glitch please let us know.

FSX Flight Simulator Discussions

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Thread starter #1
I couldnt find a thread relating to FSX so i have created one. For all FSX enthusiasts.

Re: Monarch

Monarch will always stay in my virtual airline world, i simply cannot and will not delete them from my airline schedule. ;-)

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #2
I have never used FXS only Infinite Flight and X PLANE but I feel the same. The Monarch updated livery was one of the few that still looked the part. Many other airlines have changed their livery over the years but their new liveries aren't a patch on their old ones.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #4
I like the cloud effects. It's something that's missing from Infinite Flight.

Approach screen captures please... ?:)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #5
When I press 'V' I just get the message Unable to capture your screen shot!

I've tried changing the screen resolution but no change.

Any ideas?

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Great to see that there are other 'flightsimmers' here, whatever platform you choose.

For myself, I'm now running Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, although I still have FSX and X-Plane 10 installed.

When I press 'V' I just get the message Unable to capture your screen shot!

I've tried changing the screen resolution but no change.

Any ideas?
I did have the actual BHX scenery but can't seem to find it anymore.
Ray, the message, plus your loss of scenery files could indicate a corruption of your FSX installation.
With regard to creating screenshots using the 'V' key, could you check that you have a folder named 'Flight Simulator X Files' in your Libraries/Pictures folder. I'm using Win 7 64bit Pro, but have read reports that Win 10 has caused problems with FSX.
Also, from within FSX go to your 'scenery' folder (world/Scenery Library) and look to see that your BHX scenery is listed. Also, within the scenery folder, make sure that 'Addon Scenery' is at the top of the list. You can move this to the top by clicking on it and using the 'Move up' button to the right of the scenery list.

I like the cloud effects. It's something that's missing from Infinite Flight.
:)
Aviador, for really great real time weather, I highly recommend ActiveSky. This is payware, but in my opinion one of the best additions to flightsim available (Prepar3D, FSX and X-Plane are all supported).

A few screenshots (Prepar3D) -

Regards

Kevin

Last edited:

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Thread starter #14
Great bit of info that Kevin, thanks for sharing. (y)

On another note, its good to know that im not the only big kid around here. Especially now that we are approaching winter and sometimes the weather can be lousy, I love playing on my flightsim.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #15
Great bit of info that Kevin, thanks for sharing. (y)

On another note, its good to know that im not the only big kid around here. Especially now that we are approaching winter and sometimes the weather can be lousy, I love playing on my flightsim.
I started a thread for infinite flight but I don't think I got any interest at all. I suggested a real time meet at BHX and nobody responded.

It's good to see the simmers are here at last!

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #18
Great to see that there are other 'flightsimmers' here, whatever platform you choose.

For myself, I'm now running Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, although I still have FSX and X-Plane 10 installed.

Ray, the message, plus your loss of scenery files could indicate a corruption of your FSX installation.
With regard to creating screenshots using the 'V' key, could you check that you have a folder named 'Flight Simulator X Files' in your Libraries/Pictures folder. I'm using Win 7 64bit Pro, but have read reports that Win 10 has caused problems with FSX.
Also, from within FSX go to your 'scenery' folder (world/Scenery Library) and look to see that your BHX scenery is listed. Also, within the scenery folder, make sure that 'Addon Scenery' is at the top of the list. You can move this to the top by clicking on it and using the 'Move up' button to the right of the scenery list.

Aviador, for really great real time weather, I highly recommend ActiveSky. This is payware, but in my opinion one of the best additions to flightsim available (Prepar3D, FSX and X-Plane are all supported).

A few screenshots (Prepar3D) -

Regards

Kevin
Got to admit that scenery looks spectacular.

GliderPilot

Jul 19, 2017
England
Hi guys I also play FSX, I normally do VATSIM but a few nights ago I joined a random multiplayer session through stream and accidentally helped form an impromptu blue angels

Sorry for the spam i couldn't resist!

Attachments

Top Bottom