Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
United-Kingdom
I couldnt find a thread relating to FSX so i have created one. For all FSX enthusiasts.

Re: Monarch

Monarch will always stay in my virtual airline world, i simply cannot and will not delete them from my airline schedule. ;-)

I have never used FXS only Infinite Flight and X PLANE but I feel the same. The Monarch updated livery was one of the few that still looked the part. Many other airlines have changed their livery over the years but their new liveries aren't a patch on their old ones.

I like the cloud effects. It's something that's missing from Infinite Flight.

Approach screen captures please... ?:)

When I press 'V' I just get the message Unable to capture your screen shot!

I've tried changing the screen resolution but no change.

Any ideas?

Recently departed Birmingham heading south to Porto :)

full

Great to see that there are other 'flightsimmers' here, whatever platform you choose.

For myself, I'm now running Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, although I still have FSX and X-Plane 10 installed.

When I press 'V' I just get the message Unable to capture your screen shot!

I've tried changing the screen resolution but no change.

Any ideas?

I did have the actual BHX scenery but can't seem to find it anymore.

Ray, the message, plus your loss of scenery files could indicate a corruption of your FSX installation.
With regard to creating screenshots using the 'V' key, could you check that you have a folder named 'Flight Simulator X Files' in your Libraries/Pictures folder. I'm using Win 7 64bit Pro, but have read reports that Win 10 has caused problems with FSX.
Also, from within FSX go to your 'scenery' folder (world/Scenery Library) and look to see that your BHX scenery is listed. Also, within the scenery folder, make sure that 'Addon Scenery' is at the top of the list. You can move this to the top by clicking on it and using the 'Move up' button to the right of the scenery list.

I like the cloud effects. It's something that's missing from Infinite Flight.
:)

Aviador, for really great real time weather, I highly recommend ActiveSky. This is payware, but in my opinion one of the best additions to flightsim available (Prepar3D, FSX and X-Plane are all supported).

A few screenshots (Prepar3D) -

37323872410_57d5143d17_h.jpg

37323875990_c59cee0b75_h.jpg

36912434463_5d1ab3308a_h.jpg

37582492041_6a8a1aa430_h.jpg

36912436743_2cff165ece_h.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Last edited:
Great bit of info that Kevin, thanks for sharing. (y)

On another note, its good to know that im not the only big kid around here. Especially now that we are approaching winter and sometimes the weather can be lousy, I love playing on my flightsim.

Great bit of info that Kevin, thanks for sharing. (y)

On another note, its good to know that im not the only big kid around here. Especially now that we are approaching winter and sometimes the weather can be lousy, I love playing on my flightsim.

I started a thread for infinite flight but I don't think I got any interest at all. I suggested a real time meet at BHX and nobody responded.

It's good to see the simmers are here at last!

Great to see that there are other 'flightsimmers' here, whatever platform you choose.

For myself, I'm now running Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, although I still have FSX and X-Plane 10 installed.

Ray, the message, plus your loss of scenery files could indicate a corruption of your FSX installation.
With regard to creating screenshots using the 'V' key, could you check that you have a folder named 'Flight Simulator X Files' in your Libraries/Pictures folder. I'm using Win 7 64bit Pro, but have read reports that Win 10 has caused problems with FSX.
Also, from within FSX go to your 'scenery' folder (world/Scenery Library) and look to see that your BHX scenery is listed. Also, within the scenery folder, make sure that 'Addon Scenery' is at the top of the list. You can move this to the top by clicking on it and using the 'Move up' button to the right of the scenery list.

Aviador, for really great real time weather, I highly recommend ActiveSky. This is payware, but in my opinion one of the best additions to flightsim available (Prepar3D, FSX and X-Plane are all supported).

A few screenshots (Prepar3D) -

37323872410_57d5143d17_h.jpg

37323875990_c59cee0b75_h.jpg

36912434463_5d1ab3308a_h.jpg

37582492041_6a8a1aa430_h.jpg

36912436743_2cff165ece_h.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Got to admit that scenery looks spectacular.

Hi guys I also play FSX, I normally do VATSIM but a few nights ago I joined a random multiplayer session through stream and accidentally helped form an impromptu blue angels

Sorry for the spam i couldn't resist!

Attachments

• 20171007180640_1.jpg
    20171007180640_1.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171007175734_1.jpg
    20171007175734_1.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20171007180342_1.jpg
    20171007180342_1.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 6
  • 20171007202438_1.jpg
    20171007202438_1.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 6

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock