Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Now I know many of us are familiar with the odd duct-tape joke as engineers frequently carry it in their toolkit to be used for a number of eventualities.

The Sun newspaper is running a report today about an Easyjet flight where the pilot announced to passengers that one of the engines of the aircraft was receiving a "quick fix" before the flight.

I don't for a minute question the safety of the flight as I am sure the "quick fix" was perfectly legitimate and was probably suggested in the engineers manual. I do find it bizarre that crew allow this kind of thing to take place whilst passengers are on-board the aircraft where they are able to watch engineers rolling the tape onto the engine.

However safe this might be, to a dis-concerning passenger this kind of action is extremely unsettling.

tape1.png

Image: Newsflare via The Sun

More on this story can be found using the link bellow.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5030011/easyjet-plane-fixed-tape-engineer-video/

Truly shocking... very scary for passengers..
In the same vein,, back in the late 80's i used to make regular trips from Dublin to Tripoli (Libya) via Amsterdam,
EI608 and Ei609 stick in my mind as flight numbers. Anyway, always business class , so upfront. Pushing back from the gate in Dublin i was acutely aware of the fact that the front right door, food delivery etc, was not closed properly, i could feel the wind on my feet, sitting in row 1. Crew were doing the safety breifing , i interrupted and said to the woman, " you do of course realise the door is open ? right ?"... Plane stopped and door closed. A gentle round of applause rippled out,, as an early teen i was very proud. Aer Lingus BAC1-11

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock