D
Looking to purchase something by Canadian band Rush.

Anyone got any suggestions as to their best (sic) album?

Looking to purchase something by Canadian band Rush.

Anyone got any suggestions as to their best (sic) album?
Where to Start?
I'm a great fan of Rush. I've been listening to them for the best part of 40 years and seen them 7 times in concert. Their most iconic album must be '2112'. This is very much a '70's concept album i.e. the whole album is written around a single theme.
Through the decades, their music has progressed from classic rock in the '70's, then adopting a more synth based sound through the '80's before returning to their classic rock roots in recent years.
Some of my favourites are -

Moving Pictures
Grace Under Pressure
Hold Your Fire
Counterparts
Vapor Trails
And I particularly like the more recent Clockwork Angels.

Any of their live albums are very good, with 'A Show of Hands' being largely recorded at the NEC Birmingham - I was there!

The odd album out is 'Feedback', in as much as non of the music is by Rush. It's all the songs that influenced them as teenagers, which they recorded in 2004 to mark their 30th aniversary. Well worth a listen.

A full discography can be found at -

https://www.rush.com/albums/

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Regards.

Kevin

D
Hello Kevin,

Plenty to go at there, many thanks for your suggestions much appreciated.

regards
CUU..

Thanks for posting those, Brummiegem (y)

Something a little different that I came across, was Dolores covering one of my all time favourite songs - 'Go your own way' by Fleetwood Mac.
It was recorded live and showcases the incredible vocal talent that Dolores possesed.

R.I.P. Dolores.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock