I think its about 50/50 BHX based to DUB based. Wouldn't be surprised if we see multiple UK airports lose a daily rotation though. At least we know why.

In fact, 24 out of 37 BHX-DUB departures each week use DUB based aircraft so it may be likely that DUB frequencies get cut. However, with the UK market very important to FR I'd assume they would be the last routes to be cut.

It's not just BHX that could see their DUB route reduced as can be seen in the below list. It shows the number of Ryanair departures to DUB each week from all UK airports during peak Summer 2018.

I have listed the total departures to DUB from each UK Airport, and then a percentage showing the amount operated by DUB based aircraft:

London (STN) - 53 departures per week (40% of which use DUB based aircraft)
London (LGW) - 48 departures (100% DUB)
Birmingham - 37 departures (65% DUB)
Manchester - 37 departures (81% DUB)
Liverpool - 24 departures (71% DUB)
Edinburgh - 23 departures (91% DUB)
London (LTN) - 21 departures (0% DUB)
Bristol - 20 departures (70% DUB)
Glasgow - 20 departures (100% DUB)
Leeds Bradford - 14 departures (36% DUB)
East Midlands - 13 departures (46% DUB)
Newcastle - 13 departures (100% DUB)

I see the worlds favorite airline is changing its baggage policy for the second time this year. From November you cannot take a10kg bag to the gate foc and have it put in the hold you must pay £6 for priority boarding or £8 to have a bag put into the hold which entails going to the bag drop.
Ryanair state this is not a money making exercise? but is to reduce boarding delays ignoring the fact the delays are caused by the changes they made earlier this year.

Of course it will not improve profits but I bet it pays for the improved employees terms and conditions they are being forced to offer.

I see the worlds favorite airline is changing its baggage policy for the second time this year. From November you cannot take a10kg bag to the gate foc and have it put in the hold you must pay £6 for priority boarding or £8 to have a bag put into the hold which entails going to the bag drop.
Personally i am completely confused by Ryanair's baggage policy. They used to say they wanted to discourage hold luggage because it effected turnaround time.That i kind of got. Now they want to discourage cabin luggage and make you pay to put it in the hold? :confused:
I can see how package holidays are making a comeback with the likes of the Jet2 group.Organising your own for a family must be a nightmare with everyone trying to rip you off at every turn.

If it reduces the number of those annoying little cases being dragged across London underground, I am all in favour of it. Number of times the inconsiderate drag them at an angle which causes trips.....yes I have been tripped...grrrrr.

Never will fly Ryanair.

I’ve had one flight with ryanair, and although I wasn’t held up with delays and we didn’t have any problems, i still wouldn’t fly with them again. I hated it.

I’ve had one flight with ryanair, and although I wasn’t held up with delays and we didn’t have any problems, i still wouldn’t fly with them again. I hated it.
It's funny how opinions vary. For years my wife would not use Ryanair because she'd read so much about their treatment of passengers when things went wrong (she's not interested in aviation but her reaction was that of a member of the public absorbing news media reports over the years). So neither of us had used the airline until this summer when I persuaded her to give them a go on a short hop to Dublin and back where we were holidaying.

We've used easyJet on more occasions than I could accurately remember and on the evidence of the two short Ryanair flights their product is as good as easyJet which we've found to be entirely acceptable on nearly every occasion. I know it's a small sample and if we use Ryanair again we might alter our opinion of them, but we can only judge them on what we experienced.

Everyone saying they are crap just makes me curious to fly them to see what they are like!

I keep telling myself not to use Ryanair again and by coincidence my brother in law has said the apartment's he rents out is free shortly so I have checked flights to Alicante Ryanair £53 returns next best Jet2 £148 so what do you do the reality is Mr O'Leary wins again I suspect.

Maybe i am swimming against the tide, bit i don't really get this anti-Ryanair stance. I fly with them regularly and have to say i don't have a problem. I read their terms and conditions and i understand fully what i am likely to get.
And what do i get? most likely a flight of near 1,200 miles to the Algarve at a cheaper price than a rail ticket from my home to London which is one-tenth of that distance.
Look, the flight time is little more than a train journey from my town to London and what do i get?, a seat!!!! That is more than i can expect when i travel by train.
So what is it that people dislike about Ryanair, please tell me because i am confused. Is it flight delays: they are worse than any other airline; is it the cabin crew: i have found them of late as attentive as other airlines: is it the high princes for food and drink: Tell me,so who is cheaper?
While they offer the prices they do, my advice is 'wake up and smell the coffee'.

I had one flight with ryanair and i had less leg room than i did on a coach trip to a nature reserve, i know i’ll get the old “you get what you pay for” argument, but being piled in like cattle doesnt sit right for me. And the way mike o’leary talks about his pilots, what a vile human being

Im talking not only from a passenger stance but the way they treat their own staff is appalling.

I think the fact that a pilot walkout caused 1 in 6 flights to be cancelled during peak season says enough for how the crew are being treated

I know i’ve previously stated i’d work for Ryanair, but only as a stepping stone to build experience for a brighter career with a better airline. Don’t pen my loyalty to Mikey

Last edited:
My main gripe about Ryanair relates to an experience we and most of the other passengers had in May (see post 459) and particularly the crews refusal to deal with it.
Additionally Ryanair seem at times to try and deliberately antagonize passengers with seat allocation, changing policy every few months and have a dreadful reputation for customer care particularly when something goes wrong.

I quite agree when all goes to schedule which it usually does they are o.k. and represent value which is why we have used them in the past and likely will in future no doubt but we are wary of them now. Our next flight is with them booked before Mays debacle then we are flying with Jet2 and TUI/TCX.

Post 469 shows their value to BHX in my opinion.

I've also only used Ryanair once and I can't say that it was a bad experience. The aircraft was new, the seats comfortable enough, the crew were nice and I got to Rome on time and with a ticket cheaper than a full tank of fuel for my car. As Richard has pointed out, if you play by the rules and don't set your expectations too high there are some real bargains to be had.

I tend to stay away from Ryanair simply because of what can happen when things go wrong. There are just too many stories of people being dumped down route when flights are cancelled. If it was just Mrs F and I then it probably wouldn't be an issue but when we're travelling with the kids we both prefer not to risk it.

If Ryanair ever opened a route that interested me and they were the only airline on it I'd certainly have no problem booking with them :)

Whilst I'm picking my jaw up off the floor, I would like to speculate as to whether this has been prompted by a couple of seasons of Jet2 on the route :cautious:

More to do with that fact Ryanair are moving a tonne of aircraft from Dublin to Poland I suspect

The Jet2 Monday flight leaves Birmingham at 17:05 with the return departing Krakow at 21:30. The new Monday Ryanair leaves Krakow at 16:00 and departs back from Birmingham at 18:00.

Hopefully the Jet2 timings will be slightly better for UK customers with Ryanair picking up the Polish customers.

Ryanair also have flights on Wed and Sun with Jet2 having their second flight on a Fri so it's more spread out than some routes that we have.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock