Ryanair

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Obviously they have been taking their time as they work out the schedule for all the new routes they are about to announce.

giphy.webp

richard winterbourn

Aug 19, 2015
Whoa Ryanair what are you up to....? I have booked with this airline continuously over many years and have always opted for priority booking at a cost about £12 above non priority. But looking this evening at flights from Manchester to Milan Bergamo in December I am seeing the extra rocket to about £50!!!! And the same difference for prices in November. This is not a slow and gradual increase but a massive hike.

Have other poster intelligence on this seemingly inexplicable rapid rachetting up of prices on European fairs....?

I am sure we are prepared for price increases in line with inflation, but at levels of 300 - 400%??? I hope i have not got his wrong, but other posters, what are you experiences in ghost bookings.....

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
It's being reported on the Bristol and Liverpool forums that GRO is available on certain booking engines, so worth keeping an eye out for a possible return from BHX.

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
W20/21 has now gone on sale and here are a few things I have noticed:

- Madrid varies between 2pw and 3pw whereas it is currently 4pw year-round. Off the top of my head that must be roughly an 80% drop in capacity with the loss of Iberia. Very poor but maybe they will change it again now that Iberia are going?
- Murcia isn't bookable so likely reverting back to summer only
- Lauda to Vienna increases to 4pw in Nov/Dec but is only bookable into early Jan. Seasonal or another goner?

No other changes as far as I can see.

lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Last edited:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Most of S21 is now bookable although there are a few destinations still missing (not unusual with Ryanair).

Lets hope that they are added soon as the 'unserved list' is long enough as it is.

From a typical week in August.

Alicante - 10x weekly
Barcelona - Daily
Girona - Not Bookable
Reus - 2x weekly
Fuerteventura - 2x weekly
Las Palmas - 2x weekly
Ibiza - 2x weekly
Lanzarote - 2x weekly
Madrid - Not Bookable
Malaga - 10x weekly
Mucia - 4x weekly
Palma - 9x weekly
Tenerife - 3x weekly
Bratislava - 3x weekly
Faro - 8x weekly
Porto - 2x weekly
Bydgoszcz - Not Bookable
Gdansk - Not Bookable
Katowice - 2x weekly
Krakow - 3x weekly
Warsaw Modlin - 2x weekly
Malta - 4x weekly
Verona - 2x weekly
Dublin - 37x weekly
Chania - Not Bookable
Corfu - 2x weekly
Perpignan - Not Bookable
Sofia - 2x weekly
Vienna - 4x weekly

All very much subject to change.

Coathanger16

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Sep 29, 2016
Dorridge
Hopefully the "not bookable" destinations are yet to be loaded rather than cancelled - Ryanair is the only airline at BHX that operates to Madrid, Bydgoszcz, Gdansk and Perpignan.

Sure Wizz Air would snap up Gdansk quick (they serve 6 other UK destinations from GDN). Not so sure the other 3 would fair so well.

smithy108

Premium Member
Subscriber
Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire
No detail released yet but have to expect some big changes as it looks to be across their entire network

Ryanair cuts winter capacity as demand stalls
Ryanair will cut capacity to 40 per cent of that offered last year over the winter as demand continues to stall.
The low-cost carrier had hoped to offer 60 per cent of its planned flight from November to March, but has been forced to make cuts as it releases a revised winter schedule,
Ryanair said it expects to maintain up to 65 per cent of its winter route network, but with reduced frequencies.
In addition to the winter closure of bases in Cork, Shannon, and Toulouse, the carrier has announced significant base aircraft cuts in Belgium, Germany, Spain, Portugal and Vienna.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.