Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Hi there!

I've made some minor changes to the right side column to allow me to add more content to the homepage portal. Some things have been removed from view to unregistered users such as user profile feeds and who is online.

I hope everybody is OK with the change.

Aviador

• Admin
Good evening everyone!

It's that time of the year once again when we have some major forum admin and maintenance work to carry out. I'll detail plans of what's in store so you have plenty of notice about up-coming changes.
  • Domain name renewal
  • Possible server migration
  • Annual server charges
  • Wikipost repair (if possible)
  • Ad blocker redirect to random site (possible)
  • Major software upgrade to Xenforo 2.0
I am looking at the possibility of adding software to redirect users who persist with using adblock but ideas and suggestions on this are welcome.

A big thank you to members who have subscribed to help support Forums4airports. Your subscription is helping to pay for the latest upgrade work keeping Forums4airports in topnotch shape.

If there are any additional features you would like to see on Forums4airports please submit your ideas here.

Hi Aviador

As always it's good to see you going forward with development of the site.

One question that I was going to ask, and it may already be available but not found, is whether there a facility to find members by "most recent members". I was thinking that it would permit moderators to send 'welcome' messages.

That's it for tonight.

• Admin
Hi Aviador

As always it's good to see you going forward with development of the site.

One question that I was going to ask, and it may already be available but not found, is whether there a facility to find members by "most recent members". I was thinking that it would permit moderators to send 'welcome' messages.

That's it for tonight.

Hi @Scottie Dog

In case you weren't aware we have an Introduce Yourself thread located in the General Discussion area. It used to be hugely popular but it isn't as easy to find now. https://www.forums4airports.com/threads/520/page-25 It could be something we can relocate or use the forum homepage to promote it.

I can have a look to see if there's a way to also list recent members, it may already be possible.

Well done on getting the new (temporary?) Site up and running.

Quick question (I'm on holiday). Lastpass keeps telling me that the certificate is out of date. I assume this is due to it being a temporary site?

Anyway great views from my cottage window overlooking the Taf estuary with Pendine Sands and the Gower Peninsula in the distance.

Don't work to hard.

Well done on getting the new (temporary?) Site up and running.

Quick question (I'm on holiday). Lastpass keeps telling me that the certificate is out of date. I assume this is due to it being a temporary site?

Anyway great views from my cottage window overlooking the Taf estuary with Pendine Sands and the Gower Peninsula in the distance.

Don't work to hard.

Hi, your friendly webmaster and new host here! That is correct, the SSL certificate is in the process of being moved to the new server and the AutoSSL system was having troubles arranging a valid certificate for the temporary .info domain. This should now be in the process of being fixed but some people may have issues accessing the site due to cache and the like ;)

Many thanks Ashley. You are owed a debt of gratitude for the work that you have been doing, often unnoticed, in the background.

Congratulations and please take a well deserved bow.

Scottie Dog

Many thanks for new added on new posts. It will make it a lot better as well with people with sight issues.
Layout of site is getting better by the week. A job well done with the site upgrade. Many hours work gone into it so I praise the work done and work left to do. Job well done.

I've made some changes to try to get more interest in our lessor used forums.

The first column now includes all the latest from our airports and aviation based forums. These have all been placed in the first column so they are all easily accessible from mobile devices, hopefully making it easier for people who are on the go to access forum content. The main change is the "Latest Posts" has become UK Airports Latest. This means new posts from other parts of the forum will now appear under their own heading.
  • UK Airports Latest
  • World Airports Latest
  • European Airports Latest
  • Airline & Industry Latest
  • Passenger Forum Latest
  • Enthusiast Discussions
  • Latest Profile Post
Site information will appear at the top when there's important news or updates.

The centre column is the same as before with all the latest forum and news headlines.

The right column now features
  • Members Online
  • New Threads
  • Site Media Submissions
  • Media Comments
  • Featured Media (This can be a an individual's album or specific airport)
  • User Profiles
  • General Photography
I know change isn't always appreciated but I'm trying to make the site easier for everybody to use. If anybody has any questions or recommendations feel free to ask.

Slight change to the above. I've just added a "new threads" to the right column. This is the first time I've used this feature here.

I noticed this morning the 13 sept how many on this web site. It showed 2 members and 9 guests, but total was showing 12 on these forums. Is this a problem or can you use this site showing blind.I have never noticed this before.Im sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place,if it is please move it to correct place.

It showed 2 members and 9 guests, but total was showing 12 on these forums. Is this a problem or can you use this site showing blind.

There is the option of 'hiding' ones online status.

Click on your username at the top of the page, select 'privacy' then deselect the 'Show you online status' option.

There is the option of 'hiding' ones online status.

Click on your username at the top of the page, select 'privacy' then deselect the 'Show you online status' option.
Morning Ray. Hope you well. I posted then thought too early in morning to ask this question. Thank you for reply and giving me a answer. I knew there had to be a good reason for this showing. Thanks ray and you have a good day.

Morning Ray. Hope you well. I posted then thought too early in morning to ask this question. Thank you for reply and giving me a answer. I knew there had to be a good reason for this showing. Thanks ray and you have a good day.

I'm well thank you, I hope that you are too.

No problem, unfortunately I've been awake for ages.

Have a great weekend :)

Bots and crawlers may also use this site but dont necessarily display as a "user"

Hi all!

We had a request sometime ago about separating airport news from the main forum threads due to the bloat it creates within the main forums. As I mentioned previously, it was never the intention to bloat the forums with news but software limitations didn't enable us to do exactly what we wanted. As such I have created an airport news section, initially only for Heathrow airport. Subject to feedback of this new feature it can be rolled out across other parts of the forum. Please take a look and let me know what you think!

@jfy1999 @TheLocalYokel @Ray Finkle @Jerry @Scottie Dog etc

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Personally I don't mind the separate news threads, in the BHX forum I tend to leave them until they drop off the front page then just reintegrate them with the main airline thread.

If a change is to be made though then it's a good option, I certainly wouldn't have an issue with it :)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock