Updated list of cancellations as of 16:30 today:
  • EasyJet x 21 - EDI x 2, ALC, BCN, GVA x 3, HER, ORY, VCE, LIS, BFS x 2, INN, NCL, GLA x 2, TLS, AGP, AMS, Paris CDG (guessing the 11:30 PFO might get cancelled too)
  • Lufthansa x 1 - FRA
  • WizzAir x 1 - KTW
  • Ryanair x 2 - DUB, KRK
Almost every single other flight today is heavily delayed, as expected.

❄️🌨️⛄

Freezing fog is now adding to todays woes…
  • KL1053 from AMS diverted to CWL
  • FR3160 from BCN diverted to BHX
At 18:30 LS1892 TFS, EZY6162 AMS and EZY402 GLA are in the hold.

Last edited:
13 cancellations yesterday (mainly it seems due to weather resulting in various ATC restrictions if what the airlines are saying is indeed the reason)…

11 EasyJet
1 Swiss (Helvetic)
1 KLM Cityhopper

Another 13 cancellations yesterday (not sure of exact reasons other than maybe ATC restrictions?):

12 EasyJet
1 Loganair

Saying it’s becoming a theme is rather childish. As you are a member of UKBF working at BRS you know the same as I do the two problems are completely unrelated. Last week’s was caused by an alleged drunk driver overtaking a vehicle and hitting an oncoming vehicle head on on the main A38 outside the airport. Today’s is caused by an electrical box catching fire in the pit near the 27 threshold.

Saying it’s becoming a theme is rather childish. As you are a member of UKBF working at BRS you know the same as I do the two problems are completely unrelated. Last week’s was caused by an alleged drunk driver overtaking a vehicle and hitting an oncoming vehicle head on on the main A38 outside the airport. Today’s is caused by an electrical box catching fire in the pit near the 27 threshold.
It was merely a fact - not a childish point as you have interpreted it (noting that this lighting issue has happened before makes it an even more valid point)

And am fully aware of both these events being completely unrelated because I read the news not because of any relation to my occupation that you seem to have been misled on.

Facts not fiction.

:unsure:

Two non-weather related closures within a week, I bet the Bristol Post will be having a field day, I can almost imagine the headlines, and the comments to go with the articles.
Anyway, an unfortunate couple of events.

In other news, happy to see some new route announcements starting trickle in for S24 - hopefully more to follow. Soon we’ll be have to get an insight into base sizes and weekly flights once schedules are released.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock