Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
EGNM LEEDS BRADFORD

H1617/09 - DISPLAY BY BATTLE OF BRITAIN MEMORIAL ACFT WI 3NM RADIUS 5351N 00148W (ELDWICK, W YORKS). AUS 09-06-0158/AS6. SFC - 2500FT AMSL, 27 JUN 13:45 2009 UNTIL 27 JUN 14:20 2009. CREATED: 28 MAY 11:09 2009

C2576/09 - THE AUTOMATIC GUIDANCE ON STAND 7 IS UNSERVICEABLE. 28 MAY 13:45 2009 UNTIL 14 JUN 23:59 2009. CREATED: 28 MAY 13:49 2009

Re: Leeds Bradford - Notams

So, translated, does that first paragraph mean that the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is doing a display over Eldwick on 27 June between 1345 and 1420 within 3 nautical miles radius of those compass points? So if I drive over from Guiseley towards Keighley that afternoon I might see the Lancaster Spitfire & Hurricane?

• Admin

Something like that. :smile:

Lets hope it's a nice day.

Might even see them at home as they usuall do a fly past at LBA when in the area, and the Lancaster has been right over my house a couple of times before. I think they have this display annually don't they?

I was just thinking that myself. Love the sound of the Merlins.

• Admin

C2779/09 - TWY N CLOSED BTN N1 AND B. HOLDING POINT B REMAINS USEABLE. 08 JUN 14:39 2009 UNTIL 10 JUN 16:00 2009. CREATED: 08 JUN 14:40 2009

NOW WE ARE IN THE SEASON FOR AIRSHOWS I WILL BE SEEING THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN FLEET MOST WEEKENDS AND THE RED ARROWS MOST DAYS - AS I LIVE SLIGHTLY NORTH OF RAF WADDINGTON AND EAST OF RAF SCAMPTON - NEAREST TO THE COMMERCIAL FLIGHTS I GET TO SEEING IS LOOKING UP AT THIER VAPOUR TRAILS IN THE SKY

• Admin

C3027/09 - DUE FAILURE OF ONE CIRCUIT OF RWY EDGE LGT AND RWY ENG LGT, THE AD GROUNG LIGHTING SYSTEM IS TEMPO DOWNGRADED. THE SPACING BTN SERVICEABLE EDGE LIGHTS IS INCREASED FM 60M TO 120M. ALTERNATE END LIGHTS ARE U/S. CAT II AND CAT III APCH NOT AVBL. ALL OTHER SERVICES REMAIN AVBL. TRAINING FLIGHTS MAY BE RESTRICTED. 26 JUN 12:12 2009 UNTIL 30 JUN 16:00 2009. CREATED: 26 JUN 12:15 2009

• Admin

Might explain yesterday evening's Jet2 diversion.

Thought it was a Jet2 757 that diverted...so wouldn't have be CAT2/3 anyway

Yes that is true but I would think that if the spacing between the edge lights has increased from 60m to 120m, this could also possible increase the minima RVR required by the airline for an approach in those conditions. Generally the minima for a runway 32 approach was 550m depending on the airlines own criteria. I suspect that this could have been increased to 1000m by the airline under those circumstances using CATI ILS.

The runway lighting is fully serviceable again today thinkfully as it's looking like tomorrow mornings weather could be grim again.

Just as a matter of interest, the Battle of Britain 'display' at Eldwick on Saturday amounted to one Spitfire, that arrived at 1500 local and had gone by 1505. I waited around quite some time to see it and frankly, wish I hadn't bothered! I do think that their web site should qualify what it lists and state what aircraft are going and how long the display will last. Saturday's effort (about 4 fly pasts, a couple of climb outs a 'dipped wings' on arrival) was so disappointing it almost qualified as misrepresentation calling it a display at all.

RWY 32 GLIDE PATH OUT OF SERVICE. CAT 2/3 APCH NOT AVBL. 28 SEP 08:00 2009 UNTIL 14 OCT 16:00 2009.

Lets hope we don't have any fog.

So is that the glideslope for 32 being replaced with a new installation?

Welcome to Forums4airports Johnrgowan

Yes, just the glideslope is being replaced not the localizer. Still an expensive piece of equipment!

The old glideslope was nearing the end of it's life. The new system will function with less down time and so will be more reliable. No other parts of the ILS are being altered so there will be no adjustments made to either the 3 degree glide, the touchdown zones or lighting on runway 32.

NO RADAR SERVICE AVBL. 2230-0500, 05 OCT 22:30 2009 UNTIL 07 OCT 05:00 2009

The NOTAM above about the ILS still stands hence the problems this morning.

Is the ILS serviceable again, it appears the calibrator has paid a vist today or am I mistaken?

Yes I think you are right. "The Pole"

RWY 14 AND 32 ILS U/S, SRA AND NDB/DME APCH ONLY. 12 OCT 08:00 2009 UNTIL 12 OCT 18:00 2009

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock