• Admin
alcohol-alcoholic-beverage-bar-602750.jpg
Primarily a Friday and Saturday night thread for people to discuss their favourite tipples. Their latest Gin or Whisky collection or maybe the local ale.

Anything wet and potent will do except for Gin, those Juniper berries stink!

I was thinking of Red Bull with a shot of whisky, some molasses and a pinch of Cornish Sea Salt, blitzed in a blender heated in a microwave for half a minute on lowest power setting. No hope of sleep but some heavy reading instead.

Sir, the Red Bull provides the bulk, the whisky the kick and the remainder the flavour this the stimulant, the depressant and the energy surge, should defeat the breathalyzer but not recommended to try for such purposes!

Hence the bedtime tipple not for sleeping. One can substitute the alcohol for preferred variant.

Sitting in the garden enjoying this lovely weather with a cold cider.

I have some single malt later to keep me company whilst I watch out for the SpaceX rocket departure.

Also, been observing the Miami climate this week, tropical disturbances have hit Florida hard and the airport video feed has and is showing storms that we Brits rarely see, last night was biblical the runways flooded and lightning hitting terminal, better than the usual television service, this evening is shaping up nicely as the heat triggers more action. Just waiting for the Vice President to depart on his 757 so even with lockdown, plenty going on at MIA and earlier a pair of F16's made a bit of noise ahead of AF2 arrival. Disappointed the launch was scrubbed but the pictures clearly show the weather was volatile , PTZtv on the Port Canaveral feed.

Just had a lovely clear view of the ISS, it was great to see my eldest looking upwards in awe.

A few minutes before we saw what looked very much like a satellite transiting from the SW, a bit of research puts SL-8 R/B as the most likely candidate.

As the ISS was disappearing from view Mrs F noticed an object also resembling a satellite approaching from the south. A quick check potentially suggests either CZ-2C R/B or AIS & APRS & ARIS & R/B.

Of course I could be totally wrong but they were all great sights to see :)

And there is still some in the bottle from this afternoon?

Single malt is strictly a late evening drink, if I started on that stuff in the afternoon I'd be asleep by 6pm :)

Just a couple of ciders earlier.

Also, been observing the Miami climate this week, tropical disturbances have hit Florida hard and the airport video feed has and is showing storms that we Brits rarely see, last night was biblical the runways flooded and lightning hitting terminal, better than the usual television service, this evening is shaping up nicely as the heat triggers more action. Just waiting for the Vice President to depart on his 757 so even with lockdown, plenty going on at MIA and earlier a pair of F16's made a bit of noise ahead of AF2 arrival. Disappointed the launch was scrubbed but the pictures clearly show the weather was volatile , PTZtv on the Port Canaveral feed.

Watching it live it seems as if there was a window to delay by just 10 minutes they could have got away in between cells. Unfortunately with this being an instantaneous launch that option just was not there.

Frustrating but safety must come first, plus it gives me another reason for more single malt on Saturday (conscious that I may be taking this thread off topic) :)

I think the problem was risking lightning hitting the rocket loaded with propellant as indeed cells were growing rapidly and storm Bertha off the coast, information provided by Accuweather, looking now to Saturday and some Scrumpy and the new launch window. Heck, no footie to follow.

Rose by Kylie Minogue :unsure:

Mrs F saw it on This Morning and for some reason decided to buy a bottle, which is odd as neither of us are particularly fond of rose wine.

I must say that it was surprisingly quite nice, not something I'd buy on a regular basis but I think I will have it again at some point in the future.

Rose is not my favourite either partly because when I do come face to face with a bottle I tend to glug the wine down like lemonade.

I prefer white - Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Chenic Blanc in particular - but I enjoy most reds too, especially Merlot, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon.

The funny thing is that since the lockdown we have not drunk much alcohol at all. We consume most when going out for a meal or when we have visitors around. I was going to have a brandy this evening but was then sidetracked doing something and forgot. I'm off to bed soon so will have to try to remember to have a glass tomorrow evening.

A good wine is like chocolate, 70, 90 or 100% cocoa content, a personal preference as is the wine. A good red must be 14% whilst 12% is adequate for white as it is purposefully delicate. If I need an additional kick, a slug of vodka will do the job. Blimey, my doctors will go mental if they stumble upon this....

As a frequent visitor to Islay I have had the opportunity to enjoy many a glass of whisky.

A recent edition of the island's fortnightly newspaper - The Ileach - had the following very informative (if you like whisky) article which, with the kind permission of the editor, I reproduce below:

View attachment 17143
View attachment 17144
Slàinte

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock