I think it’s a very limited season now - July and August only at the moment. I think last year it went till the end of the summer season. Lufthansa / Brussels effect ?
I see it now! The 17.15 departure in July and August by the looks of it.
Interesting that its only July and August where you'd expect it to be quieter. As for any effect Lufthansa/Brussels have you'd have thought that the 737 would be a good counter to them.

I think it’s a very limited season now - July and August only at the moment. I think last year it went till the end of the summer season. Lufthansa / Brussels effect ?
Might be aircraft availability. I think that in the early part of the summer the daily frequency is 3 x E190 plus 1 x E175 but in July and August it's 3 x E190 plus 1 x B737-700. A year or two ago the schedule was 4 x daily E190 although I think easyJet was 10/11 x weekly then.

This year easyJet drops from 13 x weekly in early summer to 12 x weekly in July and August and back to 13 x weekly after that.

I doubt though that KLM has increased its July/August presence in terms of aircraft size to counter easyJet's one less rotation a week during those months.

Glad to see their headline picture was of a Fokker 70. I am sure there a lot of enthusiasts in the Bristol area who could supply them a photo of an Embrear 190.

Glad to see their headline picture was of a Fokker 70. I am sure there a lot of enthusiasts in the Bristol area who could supply them a photo of an Embrear 190.
The Bristol Post, or Bristol Live as Reach plc (formerly Trinity Mirror) likes to describe their web edition, regularly features a picture of the airport that depicts a Continental Airlines Boeing 757-200 amongst other aircraft parked on stand. That service ended in November 2010.

Another non-story about an airline at BRS appears in the local rag - this time KLM is in the firing line. I think this is the fifth since the beginning of this year.

Sells newspapers and gains online advertisement clicks.
These stories just make the complainants look absolutely dopey. You're right about Reach plc, formerly Trinity Mirror. They have well over 200 regional titles and their digital editions are like kids' comics, written by the kids themselves. Serious and accomplished journalists of the past will be squirming with embarrassment at how low the standard of 'journalism' has dropped in the local papers.

News paper reporting. Sort of to do with reporting was the Weston mercury with a report of 3 people jailed cant remember what for,but the nearest 1 that lived to Weston was Sailsbury and the court case was in Southampton. Pointing out the state of reporting. If its in the wrong forum please move.

Looking at KLM and it appears that they are unchanged with no cuts.

KLM will operate 1 daily flight from Bristol to Amsterdam between 28/3 and 1/5

KLM will operate 1 daily flight fromBristol to Amsterdam between 28/3 and 1/5

KLM will operate 1 daily flight fromBristol to Amsterdam between 28/3 and 1/5
Doesn't look as though it's operating tomorrow. There are no departures or arrivals shown on the BRS website pages for Sunday 29 March which, as Marko posted elsewhere, should have been the first day of the summer season.

KLM were refused permission to buy the ailing And non operational Indian airline Jet Airways by the Dutch regulatory authorities. Jet were a good outfit with some very good slots at major airports. Looks like that will be the end of Jet Airways now. Sad to see them go.

I note that KLM is still operating a single daily between BRS and AMS, as it has been through much of July. From memory it was due to go to 2 x daily in August but the timetable now shows it as single daily until 1 September when it becomes 3 x daily.

The 4 x daily of many years standing is not due to be resumed until the beginning of November.

According to a poster on the Dried Plum the daily KLM flight to AMS will be operated by a Boeing 737-700 from this Thursday until the end of the month.

Test bookings on the KLM website confirm this to be partially true in that on Tuesday 18 and 25 and Wednesday 19 and 26 August the aircraft is shown as an E190. All other flights for the month from this Thursday are shown as B 737-700.

From September the frequency increases to 3 x daily but all on E175 aircraft. It's not until early October that an E190 appears on one of the three daily rotations. Then from November the 'traditional' frequency of 4 x daily returns with 3 x 190 and 1 x 175.

For several years BRS-AMS was mainly 4 x 190 each day but I've noticed that in the past couple of years a 175 has often appeared on one of the four daily rotations.

We don't know whether the 737-700 indicates increased bookings for much of the rest of this month (after all, there is only one daily flight at the moment) or whether it's a question of operational convenience.

easyJet has been operating its own AMS service this month at 5/6 weekly - the seat selector for this afternoon's flight currently shows 158 of the 186 seats taken. That is much less than the usual 12 x weekly and this frequency is not due to resume until November although a daily easyJet service is shown from next Monday albeit during part of October it reduces to 5 x weekly.

There has been such demand for seats that the E190 has not got enough seats. The way bookings are going the 737 operating the route may be extended.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock