I am not going to lie I have always wanted Niki and well now Lauda to fly from Birmingham. I have always thought they seem like a very interesting airline and would be a nice airline to fly from Birmingham to Vienna. What I found very unique was the fact that both Niki and well the newly established Lauda cabin crew used to ware Jeans instead of skirts, dresses and suits I am not going lie I sort of found that aspect very cool epically for an airline to let there crew members to ware Jeans makes it more relaxing and a lot more casual it does feel nice when a work place are relaxed and more informal as it makes people a lot happier I find especially now a lot of work places and companies are starting to slowly introduce more smart casual uniform as well as casual Fridays (warring Jeans, and nice T shirt or shirt to work). It’s sad that Ryanair took over and got rid of there crew waring Jeans but then again I do love smart uniform it does show sophistication as well as being disciplined and something that you can put your 100% trust into. Well it will be good to having Lauda at BHX I they defiantly would make a great addition to the Airport as well as Airfield.

Lauda Starts New Route From Birmingham To Vienna

Austria's No.1 low-cost airline starts the new direct connection from Birmingham to Vienna. Lauda offers three weekly connections from Birmingham to Austria’s capital. Customers and visitors can book their tickets now for an unbeatable price and will fly with the greenest/cleanest airline group in Europe, which has the lowest CO2 emissions. On Tuesday the 29th of October, the Lauda Airbus A320 took off for the first time from Birmingham and flew to the Austrian capital.

Vienna was voted the most livable city on the planet for the tenth time in a row. There is no better time of the year to discover Vienna’s world-renowned art, culture and culinary delights than in autumn and winter. Visit the Schönbrunn Palace, St. Stephen’s Cathedral or one of the numerous exhibitions by national and international artists.

From the middle of November, until late December Vienna’s beautiful squares transform into a magical Christmas wonderland with numerous markets popping up across the city. Alternatively, enjoy a quiet relaxing weekend break in one of Vienna’s glamorous hotel’s and enjoy all the charm of this historical city at a more leisurely pace.

To celebrate the launch of this new route, Lauda offers an unbeatable deal – 14,99 € (one-way) from Birmingham to the most livable city on the planet, Vienna. You can find and book the entire Lauda flight offer on www.laudamotion.com or via our Lauda app for iOS and Android.

Lauda CEO Andreas Gruber said: “We are delighted to offer our passengers a new non-stop service from Birmingham to my hometown Vienna and expand our route network. Lauda allows passengers to explore the most livable city in the world for an unbeatable price.”

Tom Screen, Aviation Director at Birmingham Airport said: Adding Lauda to our existing airline offering is just fantastic. It was great to welcome passengers flying with the airline for the very first time from Birmingham to the popular destination of Vienna on Tuesday evening. We hope to see many more passengers take advantage of the route with Lauda and look forward to our future with the airline, known as the cleanest airline group in Europe.”

Source

However, we need to hope that Lauda have actually got a profitable load! How many times has Ryanair discontinued routes where loads were in excess of 90%? Iif most passengers are paying no more than £20 then it's only £3500 revenue generated.

Hey all,

Just got off the Lauda from Vienna. 174 on board. Hour late. Originally 15 mins which turned into an hour. Was a bit wide eyed when we rocked up to the plane to see it was OE-LOX. I believe this plane recently had a few issues at Dublin, so out of the whole fleet.....I get this one. Anyways, it is very well fitted out inside with comfortable grey faux leather slim seats. Cabin crew excellent. Captain was a fighter pilot and chucked us into BHX...thanks Gerhard.
In true Ryanair style, the family in front of us had little experience with low cost carriers. They arrived at check in at Vienna with no boarding passes and left with four very expensive boarding passes...€220 for all 4. They were also charged at the gate for a bag €25. Suffice it to say they learnt their lesson today!
All in all an ok experience. Would rather try Eurowings next time. So long as you play the Lauda/Ryanair game you are ok. Fine for some, but I find it wearing.

All the best

Karl

Hey all,

Just got off the Lauda from Vienna. 174 on board. Hour late. Originally 15 mins which turned into an hour. Was a bit wide eyed when we rocked up to the plane to see it was OE-LOX. I believe this plane recently had a few issues at Dublin, so out of the whole fleet.....I get this one. Anyways, it is very well fitted out inside with comfortable grey faux leather slim seats. Cabin crew excellent. Captain was a fighter pilot and chucked us into BHX...thanks Gerhard.
In true Ryanair style, the family in front of us had little experience with low cost carriers. They arrived at check in at Vienna with no boarding passes and left with four very expensive boarding passes...€220 for all 4. They were also charged at the gate for a bag €25. Suffice it to say they learnt their lesson today!
All in all an ok experience. Would rather try Eurowings next time. So long as you play the Lauda/Ryanair game you are ok. Fine for some, but I find it wearing.

All the best

Karl

Next time Karl it will be Austrian Airlines as they are taking on the route from Eurowings from Jan 2020.

Laudamotion Closing VIE Base

Announced today that Laudamotion are closing their Vienna base with the loss of 3000 jobs

Ryanair subsidiary Laudamotion closes its base in Vienna on May 29. 300 jobs are lost. The vida union did not agree to an ultimatum from the low-cost airline, which would have brought a new collective agreement with significantly lower wages. The Chamber of Commerce (WKÖ) would have accepted this.

The vida trade union said it would not sign a contract where the income of employees is both below the risk of poverty and below the minimum security level in Vienna.

The head of the department, Daniel Liebhart, pointedly stated on the ORF radio journal: "The Austrian social partnership must not be blackmailed by an Irishman who has gone wild." The union also accuses the company of undermining Austrian labor law by not applying the existing collective agreement and not recognizing the works council.

"Lauda deeply regrets the loss of more than 300 jobs for the A320 crews and the closure of Lauda's A320 base in Vienna next Friday, May 29," said Austria's second largest airline on Friday morning. "The vida union shamefully ignored the wishes of over 95 percent of the pilots and 70 percent of the cabin crew at Lauda's A320 base in Vienna and destroyed over 300 well-paid jobs."

The low-cost airline "also regrets the inaction of the Austrian government", referring to the fact that the Lufthansa subsidiary AUA should be helped very well in the corona crisis.

Finance Minister Gernot Blümel (ÖVP) said at a press conference: "CT negotiations are the responsibility of the social partners, not the government". He did not interfere in the collective bargaining negotiations. It would be good "if both sides take a step towards one another," Blümel appealed to the vida union and the airline. He could not judge whether Laudamotion met the criteria for further state aid.

Ryanair had announced that it would register all 300 Viennese employees to quit today if there was no agreement. If the notice and short-time working periods were observed, these would take effect at the end of June. Until then, further negotiations could theoretically take place. However, Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary had announced that he would cover the Vienna laudamation routes with Ryanair if there was no agreement. The Laudamotion branches in Spain and Germany should continue to exist.

The base in Vienna was by far the largest base of the Laudamotion, which currently has a total of 26 aircraft. The machines are forced to the ground because of the corona pandemic.

Vienna Airport hopes for further negotiations. The closure is a "fatal signal for the location".

"Going back to the negotiating table is an imperative of the hour," said airport director Günther Ofner in a message. The "refusal of the union" is "a blow to its own members, because where should those affected, if their job be lost, find a new job now in the crisis?" Asks the manager.
https://kurier.at/wirtschaft/laudamotion-vor-dem-aus-300-mitarbeiter-betroffen/400848905

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock