I’ve found this Duo Airways Timetable from summer 2004, I think they closed in May 2004, such a shame as they were great & I used them several times & was on the inaugural flight to Vienna

Very interesting, thank you!
I see they flew with VB flight numbers. If my memory serves me correctly, VB was initialy used by Bimingham European whom Duo can trace their roots back to (maybe I should have said 'routes' - sorry, I'll get me coat).

Kevin

Forgive my levity.... But when you are in your mid-70s recalling Duo makes me think like an ageing grandfather being visited by his grandson with fotos from yesteryear -- just to see if he still has his memory and is not compos mentis and ready for the nursing home.....

Please let us have some good route news soon so that we can leave the past behind....

Did you feel like adding for Gods sake on the end of that Nethercote2019? Just shows how desperate people are for good news .

You mean people aren't satisfied with press releases about valentines day chocolates, electric buses, a new taxi company, a campaign to reduce plastic waste, the one millionth person to use the self service machines and participation in airport safety week?

Tough crowd on the Birmingham forum if all they want is announcements about replacing the considerable amount of routes lost recently.

Ooooo hang on, I spoke too soon.

For the airports 80th anniversary they have come up with a new logo and are planning to hold a series of events throughout the year, these are 'to be announced very soon'.

Forget NY, Toronto and all of the other lost destinations we finally have an announcement to look forward to.

giphy.gif

I WAS also going to show another Timetable I have, from 1995 ...with flight starting in May 1995, flight 23 & 24 ... but I think it may be too much for the locals, I will just remember it fondly- ah those were the days,it was even rumoured to be the 3rd biggest international money earning route they had - at the time, back to 2019 the EK 380 has just gone overhead - so it’s not all bad news !
N

You mean people aren't satisfied with press releases about valentines day chocolates, electric buses, a new taxi company, a campaign to reduce plastic waste, the one millionth person to use the self service machines and participation in airport safety week?
You do get the impression that aviation is not the background of a lot of people managing BHX at the moment or even an industry they must feel comfortable working in. Electric buses and plastic reduction are of course to be lauded but their job is to get aircraft and passengers through the facility and of course the aviation industry is regarded as a major polluter.It all seems very confused and you would have thought the new CEO would have started to sort this out by now.
No point in crowing about the 1 millionth self service passenger when another 2 million who would like to use it have had to use other airports.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock