Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Lionesses on winning their quarter final against Spain, to reach the semi's. It was a nervy game and England had to come back from behind. The game went into extra time and Georgia Stanway scored an absolute screamer of a goal from outside the penalty area. Credit must go to Spain who played very well and often looked sharper than England. The crowd were also wonderful and must have helped to lift England.

Kevin

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿England 4 - 0 Sweden🇸🇪

The Lionesses were ON FIRE 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥tonight, there is no other way to describe it! After a typical slow start they got a goal and their confidence soared. 3 more goals in the second half, destroyed Sweden, who are ranked the second best side after the USA. The best goal had to be the cheeky back heel from Alessia Russo, which 'nutmegged' the Swedish goalkeeper. The after match celebrations were incredible, the crowd (who had been wonderful throughout the match), didn't want to go home and the England team (players, manager, physios etc) didn't want to go to the dressing room. Tonight, the Lionesses truly roared.
Just the final to go now. Wembley, 4pm on Sunday against either Germany or France.

Kevin

Last edited:
I didnt manage to see this one but I saw England-Spain and France-Netherlands. Both were thrilling to watch. More entertaining than most of the England men’s knockout matches that I’ve seen!
I watched England vs Spain and thought the same.

Incredible performance last night :love:

I appreciate that Sweden are a highly ranked team but it seemed to me as if Spain were a tougher opponent.

Germany and France are both decent teams but England have a look of real confidence about them, I really hope they can do it on Sunday 🙏

That Back heel though, Congratulations To The Girls My Saint George's flag will find a way up. With this new house having Blinds and I don't know it it has two Vents to hang the flag one. Currently 1-1 between the Germans and France. That girl who featured at the end is on TV again how nice for her I think Ian Wright might be trying to arrange tickets to get her to The final. Edit Gabby Logan just gave her two tickets live on TV. Fair play to Gabby who i'm right studied not far away from my college at Wolverhampton Grammar School.

Watching the Germany v France game tonight, i can't see England being beaten by either of these sides. So long as they don't freeze with the occasion at Wembley. Lots of loose passes and poor ball control in tonight's match.

So. it's the 'Old Enemy' again. I only got to see the second half but found the game very 'scrappy', although that could be down to how the Germans defend. Throughout the tournament, I have been impressed by France, but as usual the Germans seem to find a way to the final. I'm going to be nervous on Sunday, although I know that the Lionesses have the skill and determination to succeed. I may require a little 'liquid courage'.

On a different note, don't commentators say some stupid things. About half way through the second half, when it was 1-1, I heard the comment 'the next goal could win it you know'.

Kevin

So. it's the 'Old Enemy' again. I only got to see the second half but found the game very 'scrappy', although that could be down to how the Germans defend. Throughout the tournament, I have been impressed by France, but as usual the Germans seem to find a way to the final. I'm going to be nervous on Sunday, although I know that the Lionesses have the skill and determination to succeed. I may require a little 'liquid courage'.

On a different note, don't commentators say some stupid things. About half way through the second half, when it was 1-1, I heard the comment 'the next goal could win it you know'.

Kevin
All Commentators say that I Don't know why if I ever became one I wouldn't say it. I sometimes wonder if they are trying to say both teams don't look scoring if one does at 0-0 so next goal means as say France don't look like responding and literally it does Win, or that the defence is solid and both sides are defending well so whoever breaks down the second goal will win literally but might score more now they have found a Weakness of a tightened defence.

Also Ze Germans Zey are Waiting To Break Ze English Hearts zall zover again. But Zey hopefully won't as The Girls Will Bring It Home Sarina Weigman won it last time
Keep Calm IT'S COMING HOME
Also West Brom Play On Saturday can't believe the Season is back already this year in a predicament Albion tickets are £99 for Students which I am but my local non League Side got promoted to the Midland Premier Division for the first time in there history I might have to do a balancing act. Also a new side who played in Bilston FC Darlaston have now moved to around the Corner. But Darlaston Town 1874 FC are the bigger one and the one I went and did a College Project on last year so Ik people there.

I agree, that was sensational and so 'cheeky', straight between the keeper's legs! I wonder if she meant it as a shot on goal, or just putting it back into the danger area?

Kevin

I wondered the same thing but if you take a look at the replay she immediately looks over her left shoulder towards the goal making me think that it was actually a shot. Shot or pass I'm sure she'll claim that she meant it, I know I would 😁

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England 2-1 Germany 🇩🇪

England are European Champions !!!

A nerve jangling game at times, but I always thought that the girls could do it. Throughout the tournament, they've never looked nervous or let their heads drop. They seem to just enjoy playing. Credit to Germany who always looked threatening in attack and were not good for my nerves. Excellent game management by the Lionesses in the last 5 minutes or so. Just what was needed.
It was obvious there were some tired legs in extra time, but once the final whistle went, all signs of tiredness disappeared and the girls just wanted to dance. Great to see Wembley filled to the rafters for the event and the crowd (who were magnificent) just wanted to party. I bet there will be some sore heads tomorrow.

Congratulations England and Thank You!

Kevin

I might be slightly Drunk Am I dreaming Please Me Up
You might be slightly drunk (I think you missed a word out of you sentence). But I don't blame you (depending on your age). I suspect there will be a lot of people celebrating tonight and more than a few sore heads tomorrow.

IT'S COMING HOME
THEY'VE BROUGHT IT HOME 🏆

Kevin

You might be slightly drunk (I think you missed a word out of you sentence). But I don't blame you (depending on your age). I suspect there will be a lot of people celebrating tonight and more than a few sore heads tomorrow.

THEY'VE BROUGHT IT HOME 🏆

Kevin
I'm 18 I am over the drunkeness Autism means sadly I am lightweight but I had 3 Pints of Lager drank some Water, perfectly Fine now, I do have to go out Tommorrow I will have my backpack with me. So there will be an England Flag and Scarf in there.
I KNOW IT'S COMING HOME it's Sunk In Sort of I think when I get the Bus Tommorrow and see the Metro then it might finally sink in I might frame it put My England Flag up in the window. Wow I mean history.
Despite being Autistic my dad allows me to drink so I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock