Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Scotland
I know that Mrs Scottie Dog thinks that I should be classified under one of the titles above as she can not understand how I can, or even want to, spend time each and every night updating spreadsheets, for statistics, and aviation threads.

So my question is simple - what does your other-half think of your passion for the hobby that we share?

My situation is pretty much like BlueManc. I've never been a spotter and have never collected registrations; my interest lies more in the commercial/economic side of aviation although I do enjoy seeing aircraft in their natural environment. I have a broad idea of the principles of flight but seeing large aircraft in the air, particularly landing or taking off, still makes me want to take a lingering look.

My wife is very accommodating. She knows I hate watching tv (she's not a massive fan herself) and I have a sort of office with my iMac desk top, my large collection of books and a telly for watching live football or rugby (with cricket my only real tv interest) out of the corner of my eye when I'm 'on the computer'.

Having crossed the watershed this year to being nearer 80 than 70 I'm a bit obsessive about trying to keep fit in mind and body. If anything, my wife gets irked more with my fitness regime. These days it consists mainly of walking, and my obsession means I have to walk at least the equivalent of four marathons every month of every year and I've done this for many years. It means that some days I'm walking up to 15 miles as I can't justify doing long walks every day. Mrs Yokel would become peed off with that. Today for example I've done an easy four miles in an hour (4 mph is my average walking speed) so Mrs Y barely notices that I'm out when I'm doing that.

We also have a very large allotment, or rather she does as she's the gardener and I'm the labourer. We/she have had it for over 40 years and it's a big area to dig. I do most of it so that helps with my fitness too. If I don't exercise I put on weight and I like to eat - generously.

After nearly 55 years of being wed I think Mrs Y has become used to my eccentricities by now. We met when we were both 18.

what does your other-half think of your passion for the hobby that we share?
She just calls me a dork! Lol. She doesn't understand why i'm into aviation but as such but does understand that people have hobbies and interests that can be different from each other.

I do get a " look" when I take " another " plane photo !!!!
Keeps me out of trouble ; - )

:LOL: me too.

When walking anywhere in the vicinity of the airport Mrs F is perfectly happy as long as we keep moving, even the merest suggestion of stopping for a while is usually met with a roll of the eyes, unless we have a picnic that is. If I'm aiming to spend any sort of time watching or taking pictures I go alone.

As for spreadsheets, I just haven't got the patience.

I do not have a better half, just Peggy. We just get along, doing what takes our fancy. Peggy will go sniffing about the garden as long as it does not rain. She HATES it. I will be dusting my Herpa's, they have multiplied recently and no significant other to tell me off! I would also be aquainting myself on recent legal developments and deep joy, that is a forever gift thanks to The great Boris! Hobbies and interests keep us from going mad and stops me thinking of my own predicament.

Well I must be the lucky one as my wife understands my interest in aviation and we both worked in Business travel so she understands much of it and enjoys going to airshows or even sitting at the end of a runway.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock