• Admin
Manchester Airport’s Runway Visitor Park gears up for February half term
View attachment 15921
  • ‘Midweek Madness’ tours of Concorde for just £5 on Wednesday 19th February
  • Flight Academy for children aged 4-12 running throughout the week
  • To book visit www.runwayvisitorpark.co.uk
Manchester Airport’s Runway Visitor Park is offering a variety of exciting ways to keep the kids entertained this February half-term.

The Runway Visitor Park, which offers tours of retired aircraft including the iconic British Airways Concorde and the RAF Nimrod, has announced a ‘Midweek Madness’ offer on Concorde tours with prices from just £5.

Its popular Flight Academy for children aged 4 – 12 will also be returning for February half term, giving them a fascinating insight into the different careers available at the airport.

The Runway Visitor Park, which is free to enter for those arriving by public transport, bicycle or on foot, gives visitors unrivalled views across the airfield as they watch the departures and arrivals of over 500 daily flights.

For those not touring aircraft or plane spotting, there is also a play area, restaurant and gift shop.

Midweek Madness
Midweek Madness gives families the chance to take short tours of the iconic Concorde G-BOAC for just £5pp on Wednesday 19th February.

The 20-minute tour is the perfect way to keep the little ones entertained, giving them the chance to sit in the seats where royalty and celebrities once sat, whilst hearing about what it was like to fly on the supersonic aircraft.

For those booking the tour, car parking is just £2 all day – giving families the chance to spend a fun-filled day out plane-spotting and making use of the play area.

Flight Academy
Children from 4-12 years old are being given the exciting opportunity to join the Runway Visitor Park’s Flight Academy during the February half-term.

The Academy offers them the opportunity to try their hand at being a pilot, cabin crew member or air traffic controller in a fun role-play session, before going outside to spot the job roles in action on the runway. As part of the experience, which lasts an hour and a half, they will also get the chance to board a real aircraft, whilst learning about the different job roles that help keep Manchester Airport running smoothly throughout the year.

The Flight Academy costs £7.00 and is available to book online. When booking, choose from age ranges 4-7 or 8-12.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock