One of PK's Boeing 777-240LR's used last week on the Transit flight they offer. Only four years old i believe, so relatively young, especially compared to rest of their fleet.

I see that PIA are to replace some of the Boeing 777's aircraft that currently operate on the PIA701/702 Manchester to Islamabad route in March 2011 and recommence Boeing 747-300 operations agian to Europe.

Dont know the reasons as yet. Anyone know anymore on this?

Seems they are running a few extra flights into MAN lately, the LHR flight picked up pax at MAN tonight, and there are 2xPK723 to LHE tomorrow

Such a beautiful aircraft operated by PIA in their latest c/s, on Fridays inbound ISB.

ap-bhv-pakistan-b777-300-w.jpg

PIA have a new flight to JFK through MAN

PK715 KHI 0240 MAN 1020
PK715 MAN 1220 JFK 1430

PK716 JFK 2105 MAN 0830
PK716 MAN 1030 KHI 0125+1

Flights operated by B773

PIA's Manchester-Islamabad service is going to be reduced from the current 4 x weekly B777-200 to just 3x weekly from next month.

PIA are reportedly looking at running a 2 weekly LHE-MAN-LAX-MAN-LHE with B77W's from next year.

This will only happen once the next batch of B777's arrive, and being PIA is very subject to change.

Hi guys I have just been on pia's website and realised that Houston has showed up in its booking engine even though they don't operate it. It's interesting as people have been saying tags pia are looking into a long haul route via manchester...
Seems interesting guys and one to watch out for..... :dirol:

There are actually several US destinations on the PIA site as they codeshare beyond JFK.

Hi guys just quite curious with pia's JFK flights. Does anybody know what pia's loads are like from manchester- JFK. Also are passengers aloud to load from manchester jfk onwards?
Regards manni! :s_cry

backtrack said:
This thread for topical discussions about Pakistan International Airlines.
i hope everybody can give their valuable suggestion about how PIA can manage their flight operations bcoz i think this airline company is in worst situation and soon it will gone to be bankruptcy?

A post on the BHX PIA thread about reductions prompted me to look at the PIA site for MAN flights.

It seems MAN-ISB now has 5 weekly flights, up from 4 weekly with the introduction of a Saturday flight. MAN has, for a long time, not had a Saturday flight, probably down to LBA having a Saturday flight.

This means PIA at MAN overall now has 11 weekly flights. 5 weekly to ISB, 3 weekly to LHE and 3 weekly from KHI to JFK.

In preparation for the fight that's about to ensue on the Manchester-Islamabad route, PIA have increased the route from 5 to 6 weekly, flying every day bar Wednesday.

This route is going to get messy!

The PK701/702 ISB-MAN-ISB will be 6 weekly
The PK709/710 LHE-MAN-LHE will be 2 weekly
The PK711/712 LHE-MAN-JFK-LHE will be 2 weekly.

Cheers guys.

So PIA offer a one way service from MAN but not from JFK? Is that a 5th freedom issue?

The US authorities require flights originating in Pakistan bound for the USA to be additionally security-cleared in a trusted third country. However, there is no security issue concerning flights exiting the USA. Hence, only the outward LHE-JFK requires an en route security check (for which they use MAN). My understanding is that you could purchase a one-way ticket for the MAN-JFK leg if so desired, but negligible numbers actually do this for obvious reasons. The flight does not stop at MAN for the purposes of additional passenger uplift on the transatlantic portion of the route.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock