Great photos as always, thanks for posting!

My knowledge of T2 layout is hazy - where's gate 300? Is that the gate closest to T2X, where pax will access the legacy gates after the extension opens?

While we're on the subject, does anybody have more details how that changeover will take place? I'm guessing over a set period of time? This must also mean that parts of old T2 (around the gate areas) must remain open while the main part is being renovated?

Very curious for any details people have. Thanks!
Good morning - Gate 300 is the bussing area which I believe, but am not 100pc certain, was on the land side of the current East pier (where the new baggage hall is being built).

With regards to the opening of the T2X building I would expect it to happen overnight with the current terminal being close for renovation. At the same time I think the new bussing lounge, with multiple gates, will open. The current set of stands from 201-206 will probably close as work should start on pier 3 next summer.
Just my thoughts for the time being.

Edited 9th July 1310hrs
It looks as if I'm wrong with the location. Apparently Gate 300 is located near the "Smoking Area". Next question - where is the smoking area, as it doesn't appear on the airport's interactive map!!
Gate 300 and the smoking area was at the end of T2 nearest to Pier C T1. You had to go down to the ground floor, where you would present your boarding cards and then be bussed to remote stands. It was where the new baggage sortation facility is now. I used that gate surprisingly I might add for my Qatar flight last year.
Not quite at the end of T2:

49A27F2F-BD20-460A-A51E-AAF3FD81099F.jpeg

Interesting to see the latest set of images released by Manchester TP team today. The construction of the bussing lounge seems far more extensive than I imagined. It looks like the construction does include at least 1 new gate with airbridge. The construction that appears under the Manchester sign (obviously it’s the angle of the image making it appear that far across.View attachment 13856View attachment 13857View attachment 13858

I've noticed a post on SSC that says that Laing O'Rourke have lost the contract for the refurbishment of T2.

Great photos, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing how the internal fit out goes.

The picture of the forecourt (with the rendering in the corner) really shows how much glass has disappeared from the design. The grey panelling above the doorways also pretty conspicuous.

Scottie - I'm interested if you have more info about the Laing O'Rourke news?

@thus you're correct as far as your comment with regards to "value-engineering" is concerned and my eyes had been drawn to the link-bridge from thd carpsrk to terminal extension. Having said that, a bridge is a bridge.

I have no knowledge about LOR losing the tender for the refurbishment of the old R2, apart from the post by @battenfobs on SSC and which I placed on here.

Architectural and glazing disappointments aside, one thing that concerns me is the size of the bussing lounge. Do they really expect so many remote stands to be serviced so frequently? Even Pier B has the minor in comparison inconvenience of walking across the tarmac from pier to plane. Is the lack of full length piers - and even none bridged pier gates - going to be a disappointment in the passenger experience? We know the argument about airlines not wanting airbridges for cost and speed reasons but having so many remotes at the end of pier 1 and the majority of pier 2?

Hopefully common sense prevails and the next two piers don’t make the same mistake pier one seems to have done length wise.

How many bridged gates will be lost whilst new piers are being constructed? If it's a significant amount, may bussing be the only option for a lot of airlines until all of the MATP is complete?

Most major airports use this system i:e FRA/AMS/CDG helps keep the cost down and not have terminals that are
huge and not used all the time, If you get an A380 on a remote stand you need a whole lot of busses for one flight
( 12 at a guess)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock