Venice Treviso replacing Marco Polo from start of summer season 4 weekly
Back to Treviso then. Ryanair switched its BRS-Treviso route to Marco Polo in September 2016 apparently to compete more directly with easyJet.

easyJet is showing 2 x weekly to Marco Polo from the end of March. This is a considerable reduction from the up to daily service in summer 2019 which was also originally advertised for summer 2020. Ryanair operated up to 5 x weekly to Marco Polo in summer 2019 and was due to do so in summer 2020.

Ryanair seems to have axed all its BRS flights including Dublin until the last week in March. One or two linger on until the end of next week and Tenerife seems to be operational for the February half-term.

This seems to be the reason.

Re my previous post, I happened to see MOL being interviewed live on the BBC tv News Channel when he made these 'threats' and assumed it was the usual MOL rhetoric. It seems not.

He was extremely critical of Boris Johnson and I took the implication that if the UK Government continues to hinder Ryanair's operations (as MOL and his team see it) the action against the UK might go beyond March.

Does any one think they will last till march,they seem to change their mind on lots of things. How many airports does this cover and FR would go the loser as for lost income that would take some getting back as would think airports that still has FR operateing from would not cover what they have lost from cancelled services from other airports.

Does any one think they will last till march,they seem to change their mind on lots of things. How many airports does this cover and FR would go the loser as for lost income that would take some getting back as would think airports that still has FR operateing from would not cover what they have lost from cancelled services from other airports.
At the moment most of Ryanair's UK flights have been taken out of the booking system until late March. Some airports have a handful such as MAN and BHX to DUB on some days each week and there are also some flights in the booking system to the Canaries for half-term week in mid-February which includes BRS (TFS and ACE).

I would be quite curious to see the loadings on these half term flights? Considering at the moment we are not allowed to travel but also considering this will not change until 15th February. If it changes at all on the 15th February.

I would be quite curious to see the loadings on these half term flights? Considering at the moment we are not allowed to travel but also considering this will not change until 15th February. If it changes at all on the 15th February.
I think a lot of people will still go.
Looking at the Ryanair seat selector, the flight to TFS on Saturday 13 February is showing 91 seats occupied and the flight to ACE on Sunday 14 February is showing 75 seats occupied. Whilst accepting that seat selectors never tell the whole story that seems a promising situation a month ahead of the flights.

Summer 2021

Checking the Ryanair booking engine Malta* and Seville** have now disappeared although still in the dropdown.

This means that previous summer routes still in the dropdown but not bookable for next summer are:

Bergerac, Limoges, Chania, Budapest, Knock, Bergamo, Gdansk, Rzeszow, Girona and Seville.

If all these routes really have been axed perhaps BRS is not one of the airports paying court to Ryanair in terms of low fees, or no fees at all, that Ryanair was suggesting was the way to win its heart this year. I remember the airport standing up to Ryanair in 2012 when it refused to agree to Ryanair's peak hour and overnight parking demands which led to Ryanair reducing the base size but maintaining all services using aircraft from the 'other end' of a number of routes.

* until recently BRS-MLA had been increased to 4 x weekly for summer 2021 in the booking engine - currently Malta has been removed from both the Cardiff and Exeter dropdown lists which, with a BRS absence as well, would mean no Ryanair Malta flights from the entire south west segment of Britain with the nearest being from Bournemouth

**easyJet seems to have axed its Seville service too (assuming the Ryanair Seville has been axed)

Lots of routes have been taken off sale including chania too. Hopefully they are just sorting the schedule out.

Lots of routes have been taken off sale including chania too. Hopefully they are just sorting the schedule out.
I included Chania in my list above in #971 but, as you say, Chania was previously bookable for summer 2021.

If this stands there will be no Malta flights this summer from Bristol

Further to recent posts above, I don't have the Ryanair app so rely on the web booking engine. Below is the latest situation as shown in the web booking engine regarding the routes that have been missing.

Budapest 2 x weekly from April to October (usual frequency 3 x weekly)
Bergerac 2 x weekly from June to October (in recent years has been 2 x weekly July and August only)
Limoges 2 x weekly from May to October (usual frequency)
Knock 2 x weekly from May to October (has been 3 x weekly, sometimes 4 x weekly in recent years)
Bergamo 2x weekly from April to June, 3 x weekly July to October (usual frequency 3 x weekly)
Gdansk 2 x weekly from May to October (usual frequency)
Girona 2 x weekly end of March to October (usual frequency 5 or 6 x weekly)

Chania, Rzeszow, Seville and Malta are still showing no booking availability in the booking engine but are in the drop-down list.

Cologne which is said to be in the app is not in the drop-down list in the booking engine. I thought it had been axed along with Bologna.

Reus is still in the drop-down list but that one comes and goes over the years so no surprise if it eventually appears in the booking engine or if it doesn't.

Significant reductions in frequencies n April may and June across the board. Still no chania , Seville , Malta and cologne not on sale

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock