Chania now back off sale
I put the laughing emoji against your post because the entire Ryanair comings and goings in their BRS booking engine have become a joke, a tired joke, but still a joke.

Chania now back off sale
This happened with the CWL-MLA route. Was put on sale for a few days then disappeared and hasn't since returned. Unless they are being loaded into the system but not actually being put on sale until a more solid outlook with covid is given?

This happened with the CWL-MLA route. Was put on sale for a few days then disappeared and hasn't since returned. Unless they are being loaded into the system but not actually being put on sale until a more solid outlook with covid is given?
It's not just Chania. Other routes have been in and out of the FR BRS booking engine in the past few months to the extent that I've lost count and can't remember what is in or what is out at the moment.

Malta is a case in point. It was originally shown at an increased 4 x weekly for this summer but several months ago was taken out and not returned. For winter 21/22 Malta has been in and out of the booking engine more times than Bristol City lose home matches which is currently seven in a row.

At the moment Malta is shown as 2 x weekly in the booking engine calendar for next winter in the sense that two days a week are shown in bold, but test bookings on these dates show no flights operating.

Ten days ago I sent an enquiry to BRS asking why there is currently no Malta route this summer. I'm still waiting for a reply.

I don’t know what to say with regards to Ryanair. I suspect that there is more to come as per the hints from the slots report I mentioned a week or two ago and am wondering whether they are waiting the red green light system that the government will announce next month. Chania wasn’t scheduled to start till July so I am also wondering is the max 8200 part of the equation as well. The slot report mentioned Bordeaux , Sofia and Corfu so who knows. As for the airports response I did have a vague reply as follows :- ‘ we have not been made aware of their plans for 2021 , please keep checking their website ‘. As for Ryanair they basically said if it’s not on sale it’s not going to be on sale.

What is not logical if Ryanair is waiting to see what international travel is allowed this summer before putting on sale the likes of Chania and Malta from BRS is the fact that both destinations are already on sale, and have been for a while, from six other UK airports in the case of Chania (BHX, EMA, LBA, MAN, NCL and STN) and from nine other UK airports in the case of Malta (BHX, BOH, EMA, EDI, LBA, LPL, LTN, MAN and STN).

Taking Ryanair's response to Marko at face value neither Chania nor Malta will be operating this summer.

It's not just at BRS. This post appeared in the BHX Ryanair thread today.

Vienna and Sofia no longer bookable yet again, how many times is that now?

With regard to both they know there’s no competition and therefore can treat custom like they do. Now if easyJet or jet2 would launch those 2 routes well ...

Both Malta and chania now removed from the app.
Still in the web booking engine, with Chania also still shown in bold on two days per week albeit test bookings still show 'no flights' on the highlighted dates. Sorry about all the 'stills' but this farce has been a long-running one, a longer run than some farces in West End theatres pre-pandemic.

Nearly two weeks now since I asked the airport about Malta and still no reply which is a disappointing attitude to customer relations. Perhaps they don't like dealing with old style internet communication and only respond to social media enquiries despite my using the digital enquiry form on their website.

I’m still thinking they plus more are going to be added - no evidence , just a feeling I got.

I’m still thinking they plus more are going to be added - no evidence , just a feeling I got.
If Malta turns out to be on the green list as speculation suggests, then it's even more inexplicable not to have a route there this summer.

Chania back on sale
I won't hold my breath that it will still be on sale at the end of the week. How many times has is come and gone in recent months?

Riga will be a new Ryanair base with 2 aircraft. They have 14 routes planned and BRS is the only UK airport on the list of 14. I can only imagine that the flight will be operated by a Riga aircraft.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock