easyJet

kraktoa

Jun 16, 2013
The weekend arrivals from Malaga' Alicante and other Spain destinations was less than 50 per flight. One ALC flight was 10.

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
The weekend arrivals from Malaga' Alicante and other Spain destinations was less than 50 per flight. One ALC flight was 10.
That's been pretty common across easyJet airports to Spain from what I read. I don't know why easyJet (and Ryanair) didn't follow the example of Jet2 and TUI and suspend flights to Spain and other countries affected by UK quarantine.

I've periodically looked at the easyJet seat selector for Spanish flights and flights to other quarantined countries (not a hundred per cent guide but indicative nonetheless) and some have been showing no more that 30 occupied seats on the night before or in the morning for later flights that day.

easyJet must be losing a lot of money operating these sparsely-filled flights.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
easyJet must be losing a lot of money operating these sparsely-filled flights.
I wonder if the yields are a lot better because of no shows or people who were due on those flights but took vouchers instead? If Easyjet cancel the flights then they would have to give refunds potentially losing more money.

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
They must be making money off them otherwise they wouldn’t fly them wouldn’t they ?

Severn

Staff member
Subscriber
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
Monday 28 September 2020

There are currently 14x based easyJet aircraft at BRS. 13x aircraft were operational today and the one not operational today operated yesterday.

The 2x "stored" aircraft that were in BRS have departed over the last month and are now stored in one of 4x locations - LGW (20), LTN (9), SEN (15) and LPL (6) alongside operational aircraft (with the exception of SEN where the base has now closed).

14x "Active" - all have been operating commercial services over the past two days
A319 (2) - G-EZBB/DH
A320 (11)
- (6x CEO) G-EZGX/OP/PD/TG/TH/WZ
- (5x NEO) G-UZHJ/HT/HV/HW/LK
A321 (1) - G-UZMI

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
Easyjet are to start breaks to Crete this month on the 28th. Im not sure how long this will be for how long,but im sure that week is half term time for schools.Not sure what airports these flights will be operated from. Crete has been taken off the list of high risk.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Easyjet are to start breaks to Crete this month on the 28th. Im not sure how long this will be for how long,but im sure that week is half term time for schools.Not sure what airports these flights will be operated from. Crete has been taken off the list of high risk.
easyJet booking engine showing BRS-Heraklion departures on 17, 24 and 31 October then nothing until next April (HER isn't normally flown in winter).

I checked both LGW and MAN to HER and they are similar with three days (four with MAN) showing in October then nothing till next year.

These might be the flights at the end of the season already in the system with any new ones yet to appear.

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
I would not expect Greece or a lot of destinations flown in the summer season open,as nearly all shut down for winter.A lot of the resorts stay open if they are near the snow with skis and any thing that will go down hill.With Easyjet opening things for holiday packages has to be good as might generate a few more pax. The one thing they have to be sure of if the covid 19 is not in these resorts,a big gamble with that one.

Advertisement

Top Bottom