easyJet must be losing a lot of money operating these sparsely-filled flights.
I wonder if the yields are a lot better because of no shows or people who were due on those flights but took vouchers instead? If Easyjet cancel the flights then they would have to give refunds potentially losing more money.

They must be making money off them otherwise they wouldn’t fly them wouldn’t they ?

Monday 28 September 2020

There are currently 14x based easyJet aircraft at BRS. 13x aircraft were operational today and the one not operational today operated yesterday.

The 2x "stored" aircraft that were in BRS have departed over the last month and are now stored in one of 4x locations - LGW (20), LTN (9), SEN (15) and LPL (6) alongside operational aircraft (with the exception of SEN where the base has now closed).

14x "Active" - all have been operating commercial services over the past two days
A319 (2) - G-EZBB/DH
A320 (11)
- (6x CEO) G-EZGX/OP/PD/TG/TH/WZ
- (5x NEO) G-UZHJ/HT/HV/HW/LK
A321 (1) - G-UZMI

Easyjet are to start breaks to Crete this month on the 28th. Im not sure how long this will be for how long,but im sure that week is half term time for schools.Not sure what airports these flights will be operated from. Crete has been taken off the list of high risk.

Easyjet are to start breaks to Crete this month on the 28th. Im not sure how long this will be for how long,but im sure that week is half term time for schools.Not sure what airports these flights will be operated from. Crete has been taken off the list of high risk.
easyJet booking engine showing BRS-Heraklion departures on 17, 24 and 31 October then nothing until next April (HER isn't normally flown in winter).

I checked both LGW and MAN to HER and they are similar with three days (four with MAN) showing in October then nothing till next year.

These might be the flights at the end of the season already in the system with any new ones yet to appear.

I would not expect Greece or a lot of destinations flown in the summer season open,as nearly all shut down for winter.A lot of the resorts stay open if they are near the snow with skis and any thing that will go down hill.With Easyjet opening things for holiday packages has to be good as might generate a few more pax. The one thing they have to be sure of if the covid 19 is not in these resorts,a big gamble with that one.

easyJet has restored the Canary Islands flights removed from its November 2020 timetable. Full details are in the BRS General thread in posts that address the BRS Canary Islands provision across all the airlines that operate there following the news yesterday that the Canary islands no longer involve a quarantine for people returning from there to the UK.

Wednesday 28 October 2020

There are currently 12x based easyJet aircraft at BRS. The 12x aircraft have all been operational over the last couple of days, none are stored.

Since the last update (end of September) the 2x A319s that were based have now departed BRS. One has been stored at LGW and one is operating from LTN. Out of easyJet's 80-odd A319 fleet, only 14x are currently operational with 11x based in LGW and 3x in LTN - it's hardly surprising therefore that we have none based at BRS.

12x "Active" - all have been operating commercial services over the past two days
A320 (11)
- (6x A320ceo) G-EZPB / RX / TH / UP / UW / UZ
- (5x A320neo) G-UZHD / HJ / HO / HY / LF
A321 (1) - G-UZMI

I saw a post earlier saying that Newcastle is being reduced to 2 weekly. Monday and Friday.

I saw a post earlier saying that Newcastle is being reduced to 2 weekly. Monday and Friday.

Correct.

After half-term finishes (mid-November) up until Christmas, easyJet will have reduced or stopped most routes across the network. During this time, easyJet will then only be running a hugely reduced domestic schedule and a very limited international schedule from all its UK bases (operating an average of 16% of what they were operating at the same time last year!) Clearly they guessed lockdowns would be present in most countries during this period and the demand for air travel nearly non-existent.

Outside of London, nearly all bases will only have domestic flights plus a few flights to the Canary Islands. Manchester like London will see some flights to other destinations, most of which are large cities like GVA and AMS, but only at a couple of times a week. With very few domestic flights MAN will only see 29x weekly departures during this period.

At BRS, there will also only be 29x weekly departures during these few weeks (compared to 244x weekly departures in the same period of 2019, a drop of 88%).

The routes operated from BRS during this time will be:
Domestic

BFS
- 6x weekly
EDI - 4x weekly
GLA - 4x weekly
NCL - 2x weekly

International

TFS
- 5x weekly
ACE - 3x weekly
LPA - 2x weekly
FUE - 2x weekly
--
FNC - 1x weekly

Pretty desperate times!

Just to add to Severn's comprehensive commentary, most of the BRS easyJet domestic routes are shown as no more than single daily until the end of March. It's only from the beginning of April that Newcastle, for instance, returns to its normal schedule of 15 x weekly. If there is no major progress in tackling the virus by then we can expect further reductions from the current April (and beyond) timetable.

Antalya twice weekly to be launched this December
I can't remember an easyJet service to Antalya before in the winter. I believe that some UK airports have had winter routes to Antalya, not necessarily with easyJet, but what is there to do there in winter?

There is not a lot if I'm honest @TheLocalYokel. However in between it's colder days, it is relatively milder than the UK, not as warm as the Canaries but still better than the UK And the hotels that are open, are usually the very high end 4/5* all inclusive resorts. I've been also told that it has some very good golf courses and is gaining a reputation for that.

There is not a lot if I'm honest @TheLocalYokel. However in between it's colder days, it is relatively milder than the UK, not as warm as the Canaries but still better than the UK And the hotels that are open, are usually the very high end 4/5* all inclusive resorts. I've been also told that it has some very good golf courses and is gaining a reputation for that.
Many thanks. Perhaps a bit like Majorca temperature-wise in winter? In the 1980s my wife and I often spent a week in Majorca in February or early March.

Well the airline industry is to be hit hard once again due to the covid 19 lockdown. Easyjet will operate their flights as it is up till thursday. They wont be doing any flights between UK airports and the foreign airports will be cut out a lot. Airports around the world is not known who will accept flights from the UK as things seem to be on the change often.Easyjet were due to operate 30% of their flights in november but that will be cut back.

Well the airline industry is to be hit hard once again due to the covid 19 lockdown. Easyjet will operate their flights as it is up till thursday. They wont be doing any flights between UK airports and the foreign airports will be cut out a lot. Airports around the world is not known who will accept flights from the UK as things seem to be on the change often.Easyjet were due to operate 30% of their flights in november but that will be cut back.
Not UK. England. Once Wales, Scotland and NI come out of their lockdown international departures should be allowed.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock