I spent an hour or so this lunchtime at the Winters Lane 'spotting area' and noticed an easyJet A319 parked on the far end of the western apron. I don't know if it was a spare or having technical problems. There seemed to be no activity around it.

During the 75 minutes I was there the airport was busy with around 20 arrivals and some departures. I counted eleven easyJets coming in and a later look did not reveal any cancellations, hence my question about the A319.

The A319 had some thing damage it on the apron earlier this week.I thought it was discussed cus it did cause a bit of disruption the day it happened.

The A319 had some thing damage it on the apron earlier this week.I thought it was discussed cus it did cause a bit of disruption the day it happened.
Thank you. I missed that. Do we know how the damage occured and the extent?

Milan Malpensa

When this route - due to commence at the beginning of July - was announced it was stated in the airport press release that it would be year-round. The booking engine still only shows booking availability from July to the end of October (4 x weekly July-Sept and 3 x weekly in Oct).

Ryanair's new route to Malpensa begins tomorrow at 2 x weekly, rises to 3 x weekly in July, August and September before reverting to 2 x weekly in October and on through the winter at 2 x weekly.

easyJet coverage

A post in the CW thread prompted me to check easyJet's UK coverage. The airline has 29 bases in total (Ryanair has 84) with 12 in the UK, viz:

Northern Ireland

Belfast International

Scotland

Edinburgh
Glasgow
Inverness

North West England

Manchester
Liverpool

North East England

Newcastle

South West England

Bristol

London area

Gatwick
Luton
Stansted
Southend

In addition, flights are operated to Birmingham and Aberdeen, and to Bournemouth and Southampton in the ski season.

Apart from the BHX routes to BFS and GVA, and the ski routes to the two south coast airports, BRS is the only easyJet airport south of Manchester/Liverpool and west of the London area airports. There is nothing in the Midlands since the East Midlands Airport base was closed over nine years ago and nothing in Wales.

That's a huge area to cover from one airport, albeit most Midlands easyJet passengers no doubt use MAN/LPL/LTN.

From the beginning of June, Bristol is currently has 16x based EZY aircraft.
This will increase at the beginning of July to 17x based EZY aircraft.

June
There are 6x A319s and 10x A320s based for the scheduled operations with an 11th A320 based as an operational spare.

In comparison to June 2018, June 2019 sees 15x more departures per week, with increases to:
EDI (+1x per week),
GLA (+2),
BFS (+2),
PMI (+2),
BOD (+2),
SVQ (+1),
DBV (+1),
plus 3x new routes:
LCA (2x weekly),
RHO (2x weekly)
MPL (2x weekly).
NTE (-2) - was operated 2x weekly in June 18, but does not start until July this year

July
A 7th A319 arrives at the beginning of July making BRS a 17x aircraft base, 2x more than in 2018.

Milan now on sale three weekly for the winter season
I wonder why it took so long to put it on sale for winter given that when the route was announced a couple of months ago it was said then that it would be year-round.

I think it’s about time we had increases on Rome, Salzburg and Innsbruck, along with Marrakesh year round and a new route to Tallinn. That’s my wish-list anyway.

Hamburg was tried a few years back by Easyjet. It was strange it did not work as 2 main companies in Bristol have factories in Hamburg,the companies are Imperial tobacco and Airbus.If these 2 firms used the service then there was not a lot of other pax using the service.I cant see any difference now. I would like tobe proven wrong.

Some interesting suggestions re potential easyJet routes.

Rome - regularly suggested as in need of increased frequency wih the daily flight often sold out and load factors extremely high year-round

Salzburg - only operates during the ski season together with TUI's weekly charter flight during that season. I'm very surprised that there has been no summer Salzburg for many years. Thomson used to operate it and at one point there were up to 3 x weekly flights with European Aviation also chipping in for a tour operator or operators. Given the number of older people with the means and time to take summer lakes and mountains holidays, this destination ought to be popular still. We used the Thomson Salzburg flights from BRS regularly in the days before we became part of the geriatrica, and would again if the opportunity existed. Perhaps easyJet might consider a summer SZG operation.

Innsbruck - in the same situation as Salzburg with the ski season service plus 2 x weekly Austrian Airlines services as well in the ski season. There has been a summer INN for Inghams for many years but I've just checked the Inghams website and there is nothing shown. I'm sure it was there a couple of months ago. One would certainly think that a summer SZG or INN is something easyJet might consider - perhaps they have.

Marrakesh - easyJet operated it between 2013 and 2017 (Ryanair tried it in 2009-2010) but then dropped it. The route was operated year-round at mainly 2 x weekly and loads were high throughout the year. TUI has taken it on as a weekly flight but it seems from now on it's summer-only (doesn't operate next winter but returns in summer 2020 after this summer's season finishes towards the end of October)

Agadir - perhaps it has similarities with Marrakesh from easyJet's perspective

Tel Aviv - it's been mentioned before but I'm not sure of the market from the West Country

Munich - ideally MUC (and FRA) would be a Lufthansa-related route because of connectivity but if that is not to be then MUC might find a market in summer as it's useful for lakes and mountains. When we first flew to Austria from BRS with Thomson and Britannia Airways in the early 1980s with our kids who were still at school the route was to Munich with coach transfer to Austria.

Hamburg - see superking's comments above

July 2019
From the beginning of July, the easyJet Bristol base will increase to 17x aircraft - 7x A319s and 10x A320s.
This is an increase of 2x aircraft in comparison to July 2018 - 1x A319 and 1x A320.

July 2018 had 349/350x departures per week
July 2019
will have 386x departures per week

The increase of 37x departures each week are over the following routes:
EDI (+1x per week),
GLA (+2),
BFS (+3),
PMI (+2),
CDG (+7),
SXF (+1),
BOD (+2),
SVQ (+1),
DBV (+1),
ZTH (+1),

plus 7x new routes:
MXP (4x weekly),
LYS (2x weekly),
LCA (2x weekly),
RHO (2x weekly),
MPL (2x weekly),
BDS (2x weekly),
BIQ (2x weekly),

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock