Still no news of the easyJet expansion that was rumoured to be announced this week - not just at BRS.

Currently I make a total of 71 easyJet routes from BRS: 46 are year-round (a handful take a short break after the New Year holiday until mid-February), 19 are summer-only, 1 is winter-only and 5 are ski season-only.

I been awaiting the news too. Is it definitely this week ?
It was discussed on that other forum last week and the consensus seemed to be that announcements would be made this week. If easyJet Holidays are to offer more holiday opportunities you would think they'd want to get them into the market place as quickly as possible.

No sign today of anything. Do they normally release new routes on a Friday ?

No sign today of anything. Do they normally release new routes on a Friday ?
Funnily enough I was going to post last night that if there is to be any news this week it would be likely today as new routes are not usually announced on Fridays. Now sit back and watch that idea thrown out of the window tomorrow.:)

A further post has appeared in that other forum suggesting that airlines tend not to announce new routes when a major aircaft crash has occurred and that if easyJet were planning announcements this week they might defer it. I have no idea whether that is a true reflection of airline thinking.

Don't forget that last month easyJet announced a new route (Antalya) for this summer from BRS and there were increases in frequency on several others put into the booking engine at that time - see #1506 to #1515 in this thread. Whether all this accounts for the slots they acquired I don't know but Red Flyer said that two more destinations are in the pipeline with slot negotiations taking place at those airports.

As usual with this sort of thing patience is the watchword, which is ironic coming from me as people who know me are well aware that patience is a quality lacking in my make-up.

EZT 6002 that was due weds pm has picked up 1 massive delay. The flight is due tonight at 23.30. I recon the aircraft went tech.

Another story about people blaming the airline and airport because of missing an easyJet flight at BRS when even a cursory read of the article yet again shows they hadn't followed airline guidance. At probably the busiest time of the day they arrived one hour 25 minutes before the flight was due to depart instead of the recommended two hours. They had problems checking in their snowboard and as a result missed the flight to Barcelona.

This is the third near identical story the local rag has featured about easyJet at BRS in the past fortnight and each time it seems that every one else boarded the flights in question except those who went to the press afterwards to complain.

On a separate topic, Balkan Holidays have announced that with immediate effect they will be offering ski holidays in Slovenia from a number of airports including BRS using scheduled airline existing routes to Salzburg, so that would be easyJet at BRS.

Funnily enough I was going to post last night that if there is to be any news this week it would be likely today as new routes are not usually announced on Fridays. Now sit back and watch that idea thrown out of the window tomorrow.:)

A further post has appeared in that other forum suggesting that airlines tend not to announce new routes when a major aircaft crash has occurred and that if easyJet were planning announcements this week they might defer it. I have no idea whether that is a true reflection of airline thinking.

Don't forget that last month easyJet announced a new route (Antalya) for this summer from BRS and there were increases in frequency on several others put into the booking engine at that time - see #1506 to #1515 in this thread. Whether all this accounts for the slots they acquired I don't know but Red Flyer said that two more destinations are in the pipeline with slot negotiations taking place at those airports.

As usual with this sort of thing patience is the watchword, which is ironic coming from me as people who know me are well aware that patience is a quality lacking in my make-up.

I’m wondering if they are waiting till the end of their January sale - 20/01 to launch new routes.

Any news of impending route announcements ? Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Flybe ? Also I note that Paris is predominantly sold out throughout the summer - surely that’s a glitch ?

Any news of impending route announcements ? Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Flybe ? Also I note that Paris is predominantly sold out throughout the summer - surely that’s a glitch ?

It looks as though all the evening flights are shown as sold out from Monday to Friday (in both directions) and the morning ones on Saturdays and Sundays. If it's not a glitch it might indicate that CDG is returning to a single daily rotation this summer. If that is so why not take the second fight out of the booking engine altogether?

Another possibiity is that the 'sold out' flights are to be retimed, perhaps as part of an overall revamping (increasing?) of the BRS easyJet network.

That possibiity would address your first point.

It looks like some flights being re added but with the a321 on the morning sector
I can't find any of those re added flights yet, although I haven't searched the entire summer.

On another note, easyJet has announced a partnership with Etihad, with Abi Dhabi bookable from many 'easyJet airports' via the easyJet booking engine.

I'm not sure how useful it will be though. I tried BRS-AUH and there are a lot of choices flying with easyJet from BRS to the likes of Geneva, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris CDG and Rome FCO before transferring to an Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi. Some of the elapsed flight times BRS-AUH are over 20 hours and there is no obvious way to book beyond AUH using Etihad.

I don't think I shall be seriously considering using the link.

And here’s the reason for the Paris question, a few posts ago...

Bristol to Paris Orly. Flights start 29 March 2020

BRS 1000-1220 ORY (Sat)
BRS 1610-1830 ORY (Mon-Fri & Sun)

ORY 1250-1310 BRS (Sat)
ORY 1900-1915 BRS (Mon-Fri & Sun)

I wonder why the split between the two airports ? No other changes so hopefully this isn’t the increases that have been hinted at

Could be the slots at CDG are needed for elsewhere so they went with Orly to keep the frequency to Paris.

It removes the possibility of a day trip to Paris (which I am doing soon) and I wonder how many people book a ‘Paris’ flight will turn up at the wrong airport. I’m sure we will see them in the Evening Post soon enough!

I’ve not been to Orly. I assume getting through the airport will be a quicker experience? And it appears to be on the yellow Metro line?

There seems to be increased frequencies and new routes from man and lgw but nothing from Bristol - orly isn’t really a new route just a change of airport. Does anyone know if there is more to come ?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock