easyJet

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
If I recall it was post Xmas that a rash of routes / increased frequencies were announced for summer 2019 plus after all tui is still messing with their schedules too
There might have been increased frequencies announced post Christmas 2018 but no new routes announced at that time. The last pre-Christmas 2018 route announcement was Montpellier on 14 December to commence in summer 2019.

Then on 16 April 2019 Milan MXP, Brindisi and Biarritz were announced, all to commence in July 2019 with CDG going double-daily. At the same time a 17th based aircraft was announced.

All the above gleaned from BRS website press releases.

I wonder if Salzburg will be one of the new summer 2019 routes. easyJet operates it in the ski season from BRS and Thomson used to operate it for many years in their summer Lakes & Mountains programme. With easyJet Holidays coming on stream that might be a possibility. I read in another airport thread on another aviation website that TUI won't be using easyJet in summer 2020 for its Lakes & Mountains holidays, although if true it might be specific to that airport.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Still no news of the easyJet expansion that was rumoured to be announced this week - not just at BRS.

Currently I make a total of 71 easyJet routes from BRS: 46 are year-round (a handful take a short break after the New Year holiday until mid-February), 19 are summer-only, 1 is winter-only and 5 are ski season-only.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
I been awaiting the news too. Is it definitely this week ?
It was discussed on that other forum last week and the consensus seemed to be that announcements would be made this week. If easyJet Holidays are to offer more holiday opportunities you would think they'd want to get them into the market place as quickly as possible.

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
No sign today of anything. Do they normally release new routes on a Friday ?

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
No sign today of anything. Do they normally release new routes on a Friday ?
Funnily enough I was going to post last night that if there is to be any news this week it would be likely today as new routes are not usually announced on Fridays. Now sit back and watch that idea thrown out of the window tomorrow.:)

A further post has appeared in that other forum suggesting that airlines tend not to announce new routes when a major aircaft crash has occurred and that if easyJet were planning announcements this week they might defer it. I have no idea whether that is a true reflection of airline thinking.

Don't forget that last month easyJet announced a new route (Antalya) for this summer from BRS and there were increases in frequency on several others put into the booking engine at that time - see #1506 to #1515 in this thread. Whether all this accounts for the slots they acquired I don't know but Red Flyer said that two more destinations are in the pipeline with slot negotiations taking place at those airports.

As usual with this sort of thing patience is the watchword, which is ironic coming from me as people who know me are well aware that patience is a quality lacking in my make-up.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes

Another story about people blaming the airline and airport because of missing an easyJet flight at BRS when even a cursory read of the article yet again shows they hadn't followed airline guidance. At probably the busiest time of the day they arrived one hour 25 minutes before the flight was due to depart instead of the recommended two hours. They had problems checking in their snowboard and as a result missed the flight to Barcelona.

This is the third near identical story the local rag has featured about easyJet at BRS in the past fortnight and each time it seems that every one else boarded the flights in question except those who went to the press afterwards to complain.

On a separate topic, Balkan Holidays have announced that with immediate effect they will be offering ski holidays in Slovenia from a number of airports including BRS using scheduled airline existing routes to Salzburg, so that would be easyJet at BRS.

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
Funnily enough I was going to post last night that if there is to be any news this week it would be likely today as new routes are not usually announced on Fridays. Now sit back and watch that idea thrown out of the window tomorrow.:)

A further post has appeared in that other forum suggesting that airlines tend not to announce new routes when a major aircaft crash has occurred and that if easyJet were planning announcements this week they might defer it. I have no idea whether that is a true reflection of airline thinking.

Don't forget that last month easyJet announced a new route (Antalya) for this summer from BRS and there were increases in frequency on several others put into the booking engine at that time - see #1506 to #1515 in this thread. Whether all this accounts for the slots they acquired I don't know but Red Flyer said that two more destinations are in the pipeline with slot negotiations taking place at those airports.

As usual with this sort of thing patience is the watchword, which is ironic coming from me as people who know me are well aware that patience is a quality lacking in my make-up.
I’m wondering if they are waiting till the end of their January sale - 20/01 to launch new routes.

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
Any news of impending route announcements ? Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Flybe ? Also I note that Paris is predominantly sold out throughout the summer - surely that’s a glitch ?

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Any news of impending route announcements ? Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Flybe ? Also I note that Paris is predominantly sold out throughout the summer - surely that’s a glitch ?
It looks as though all the evening flights are shown as sold out from Monday to Friday (in both directions) and the morning ones on Saturdays and Sundays. If it's not a glitch it might indicate that CDG is returning to a single daily rotation this summer. If that is so why not take the second fight out of the booking engine altogether?

Another possibiity is that the 'sold out' flights are to be retimed, perhaps as part of an overall revamping (increasing?) of the BRS easyJet network.

That possibiity would address your first point.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
It looks like some flights being re added but with the a321 on the morning sector
I can't find any of those re added flights yet, although I haven't searched the entire summer.

On another note, easyJet has announced a partnership with Etihad, with Abi Dhabi bookable from many 'easyJet airports' via the easyJet booking engine.

I'm not sure how useful it will be though. I tried BRS-AUH and there are a lot of choices flying with easyJet from BRS to the likes of Geneva, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris CDG and Rome FCO before transferring to an Etihad flight to Abu Dhabi. Some of the elapsed flight times BRS-AUH are over 20 hours and there is no obvious way to book beyond AUH using Etihad.

I don't think I shall be seriously considering using the link.

BRSregular

Dec 13, 2015
And here’s the reason for the Paris question, a few posts ago...

Bristol to Paris Orly. Flights start 29 March 2020

BRS 1000-1220 ORY (Sat)
BRS 1610-1830 ORY (Mon-Fri & Sun)

ORY 1250-1310 BRS (Sat)
ORY 1900-1915 BRS (Mon-Fri & Sun)

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
I wonder why the split between the two airports ? No other changes so hopefully this isn’t the increases that have been hinted at

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Could be the slots at CDG are needed for elsewhere so they went with Orly to keep the frequency to Paris.

BRSregular

Dec 13, 2015
It removes the possibility of a day trip to Paris (which I am doing soon) and I wonder how many people book a ‘Paris’ flight will turn up at the wrong airport. I’m sure we will see them in the Evening Post soon enough!

I’ve not been to Orly. I assume getting through the airport will be a quicker experience? And it appears to be on the yellow Metro line?

Top Bottom