Do people rally take the results of such surveys seriously? As I suggested in another thread it's often down to expectations and two people having exactly the same experience at an airport will mark them differently. Some people have higher expectations than others.

Large airports range from LHR handling nearly 80 mppa to BHX handling 13 mppa. Small airports range from GLA handling nearly 10 mppa to NWI handling just over 500,000. Someone has taken an arbitrary decision in this. They might as well have just listed all the airports in one 'league table' instead of splitting them into two groups.

Local 'newspapers' (in the loosest sense of the word these days) love surveys like this. It costs them no money, fills column space and their most junior hacks can knock up some sort of accompanying 'story' to keep the pot boiling.

What people often don't think of too is the workers have to put up with the same cramped conditions as the passengers do, some for up to 12 hour shifts. It's not an easy task.

As my dear old Dad always said, you can't get a quart into a pint pot

Far more eloquently put @White Heather as I was thinking along the lines of you can't polish a turd.

Let's face it, Which? is saying what many of us have thought and said over the years and we have passionately campaigned for better facilities.

We will have to wait until the airports plans are released. Fingers crossed they will address some of the concerns raised by the Which? survey.

Do people rally take the results of such surveys seriously?

I do normally say we should take surveys like this with a pinch of salt but the Which? prides itself on having a good reputation and it's one of only a few surveys which should be taken more seriously.

What people often don't think of too is the workers have to put up with the same cramped conditions as the passengers do, some for up to 12 hour shifts. It's not an easy task.

Far more eloquently put @White Heather as I was thinking along the lines of you can't polish a turd.

Let's face it, Which? is saying what many of us have thought and said over the years and we have passionately campaigned for better facilities.

We will have to wait until the airports plans are released. Fingers crossed they will address some of the concerns raised by the Which? survey.
The BRS owners have spent £160 million since 2010, a similar amount in the decade before that, with more being spent currently and yet more earmarked for the near future all on airport infrastructure, yet BRS scored pretty feebly too.

I do normally say we should take surveys like this with a pinch of salt but the Which? prides itself on having a good reputation and it's one of only a few surveys which should be taken more seriously.
I think we shall have to agree to differ on the value of Which surveys.

I would certainly take this survey with a pinch of salt. How can you compare Heathrow with Doncaster. They are completely different. Last time I was at Heathrow it was heaving with people but at a visit to Doncaster I only saw one person, an employee doing nothing in a coffee shop (I think). The survey tells you nothing.

I know this is slightly off topic to what is being discussed above but last week I noticed their were construction and surveyance workers in the field closest to the roundabout next door to the new Airport Viking Car Park.

I know there were initial plans for a petrol station posted last year or early on this year. Does anyone know how credible this is or is it just another car park being planned?

Also to point out if it hasn’t been mentioned already, plans are in the initial stage for the Fire Station to move over toward Multiflight side of the airfield, freeing up space on this side of the Ramp.

I know this is slightly off topic to what is being discussed above but last week I noticed their were construction and surveyance workers in the field closest to the roundabout next door to the new Airport Viking Car Park.

I know there were initial plans for a petrol station posted last year or early on this year. Does anyone know how credible this is or is it just another car park being planned?

There are new plans for a petrol station but its located opposite on Coney Park. I would expect additional parking is more likely unless they have something else up their sleeve.

Viking looks to have been very popular so it wouldn’t surprise me if the airport plan to expand it down towards the roundabout.

:wtf:

The Masterplan clearly shows that there are plans to have car parking all the way along that road, right up to the roundabout.

Interesting development regards the new Terminal Extension

Its looking like we not far away from the point of Leeds/Bradford Airport submitting a planning application to Leeds City Council. As the airport is holding a Public consultation on Thursday 27 September in the Bramhope Suite of the Britannia Hotel, Leeds Road, Bramhope, LS16 9JJ.

Source: https://www.baildontowncouncil.gov....rt-public-consultation-27-september-330-830pm

Leeds Bradford Airport Public Consultation 27 September 3.30-8.30pm
Posted: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 10:27 by Admin

Leeds Bradford Airport have informed us that there will be a public consultation event that will be taking place on Thursday 27 September in the Bramhope Suite of the Britannia Hotel, Leeds Road, Bramhope, LS16 9JJ.

The event is taking place to outline the Airport's plans for a new Arrivals Hall, incorporating new departure gates as well as improved immigration capacity and baggage reclaim facilities. The proposal is in line with the Airport's 'Route to 2030 Strategic Development Plan' published in March 2017 and will provide capacity for up to 5m passengers from the 4m currently experienced.

The event will be open to the public between 15.30-20.30.

This is an exciting chapter in the growth of the Airport, and we are keen to ensure the prosperity the Airport brings to the Leeds City Region in terms of jobs, business development and tourism is done with the support of local communities and the local authorities.

Excellent and clearly they are not going to be hanging about with this one. No doubt there will be some who turn up and complain about yet more building and with the usual 'close it down, it's in the wrong place', but hopefully the planning application will be quickly submitted and very quickly approved. Last time LBA submitted an application for the (now scrapped) terminal front extension scheme, the council rejected it and caused further delay as they didn't like the frontage. Hopefully this time, LBA's architects have been in discussion with the Council Planning Team to see what they like or don't like before doing the design. One thing is certain, this development is the most important one for LBA since the current terminal was built in 1965 and is the one that will make the most difference to the overall customer experience at the airport.

Glad this proposal is being pursued as a matter of urgency. I didn't understood the logic behind the previous scheme, other than it was probably cheap to implement. The obvious direction to expand is eastwards along side the apron which also gives the option for further expansion when needed.

I'm hoping this is phase 1 of building a new terminal with a view to knocking down the current structure in the future. A new arrivals facility with a more appropriate boarding gate system would enable a phase 2 for a checking-in and departures. Relocating down the ramp will mean shorter distences for boarding and disembarking.

The current building will remain after the new arrivals building is complete, but it will be reconfigured. The current international arrivals hall will become the new security area and then passengers will go up to level one where the current departures hall is but this will also be reconfigured.

Correct. Planning consent is required for the new terminal extension, but that isn't the full extent of what they are planning and the interior of the remainder of the terminal will also be impacted. This will probably require the relocation of the current fire station to provide room for a new, single, and much larger check in area, with passengers then progressing through to a new security area on the same floor, where the baggage reclaim area is now. They will then go upstairs using the escalator that currently takes them down to the baggage reclaim from passport control, and then into the airside areas.
The terminal extension will be on two levels, the upper level providing more airside space and more departure gates, with passengers able to go straight down to the aircraft parked in front. This will mean the partial removal of the current external walkway. On the ground floor will be a new passport control area, and passengers then go through to a new baggage reclaim area, also on the ground floor and pretty much where check in hall A is now - just bigger. All this has the benefit of not only providing a bigger terminal, but also more gates, no going up and down stairs and, crucially, no cross over of departing and arriving passengers within the terminal. The sooner the better!

If its in line with the 2030 Masterplan as suggested then don't we already know which spot any new build will take place in?

Surely the route of the new airport link road will have a huge impact on the 2030 master plan. I am hopeful in the next 20 years all airport traffic can avoid the A658 through yeadon, making the link road the major bearer of airport traffic.
We really need a arrivals car park and a separate departure car park with separate road links to the new road, closing the A658 link to white house lane.
Locals like me will be far more supportive of plans if we cut back on traffic and pollution, which can be achieved by using the new link road.

Interesting development regards the new Terminal Extension

Its looking like we not far away from the point of Leeds/Bradford Airport submitting a planning application to Leeds City Council. As the airport is holding a Public consultation on Thursday 27 September in the Bramhope Suite of the Britannia Hotel, Leeds Road, Bramhope, LS16 9JJ.

Source: https://www.baildontowncouncil.gov....rt-public-consultation-27-september-330-830pm

I will be unable to attend the consultation meeting due to work commitments. Is anybody here planning on going to have a look and report back?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock