As reported in the Consultative Committee Meeting. LBA has placed this on the airports website confirming their intention to initiate plans to enable the former terminal plans to proceed in the event of the government declining permission for the replacement terminal.

Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) plans for a replacement terminal have been awarded planning approval by Leeds City Council​

The proposal aims to dramatically improve passenger experience, deliver one of the UK’s most environmentally efficient airport buildings, and support the region’s economic prosperity.

Whilst we are waiting for a final Government decision on our transformational replacement terminal building, we are putting in place measures to make sure we can still meet the anticipated growth of up to 7 million passengers per annum. This will see LBA implement a consent secured in January 2019 for an extension to the existing terminal to provide the airport with an alternative option for growth.
Replacement terminal LBA

Replacement terminal
The replacement terminal plans propose the construction of a new, three-floor terminal on an alternative site within the airport’s boundary. Prior to the submission, LBA engaged in an extensive consultative process, with thousands of residents and organisations across Yorkshire providing feedback on the proposed plans.
LBA estimates that as a result of the development, it will support 12,650 permanent jobs across the Leeds City Region, as well as creating 850 construction-related jobs over the period of the build.*
PROPOSAL FOR REDEVELOPMENT 2020

Looks like he is already looking at over turning some rejected applications..

starting with London (shock) i honestly cant see it being rejected, but if it does its great LBA have a back up plan and are going to go ahead with the less friendly terminal

This whole situation is actually quite comical and beggars belief. The new terminal is a no brainer compared to the alternative. But agree it's good to see alternative plans being pushed forwards which as you say may just apply some gentle pressure in the right areas

Clever move and this will certainly rattle cages. It will serve the group that shall not be mentioned right to get the growth anyway and a dirty old terminal with yet another extension. Their objections will have resulted in a gain of nothing and not only won't there be a new carbon neutral terminal, there won't be the huge tree planting offset that was part of the new terminal proposal.

Talk about own goal! Complete mugs and now in check, with checkmate the next move for LBA.

Well done lba!!!! He surely has to pass it now! Is there any way he can call in or pause the old planning application? And can the group that shall not be mentioned still launch an appeal against that one?

Well done lba!!!! He surely has to pass it now! Is there any way he can call in or pause the old planning application? And can the group that shall not be mentioned still launch an appeal against that one?
I don't believe it can as it has been formally approved.

Yes, groundworks were undertaken to the east of the current terminal before the decision to construct a new build led to it being mothballed.

There was a time limit to object to the 2019 plans, long gone now. The plans were passed with barely a whimper from the opposition as everyone was more interested in Brexit. Not sure the group that shall not be mentioned even existed then..Shame they do now!

Even Sobel MP said nothing negative. In fact in 2019 he was very supportive. Then he apparently got knobbled by Green Lunatics.

Last edited:
Even Sobel MP said nothing negative. In fact in 2019 he was very supportive. Then he apparently got knobbled by Green Lunatics.

That useless waste of space is definitely taking some form of payment from someone. Happy to request freedom of information on this. He recently was in Headingley where they shut off a major road to have a market but called it "no car zone" - he said he wanted more of this is Headingley and on a peremenant basis. If he used half an ounce of common sense he would realise Headingley and the roads are a major artery around North West Leeds. Connecting east/west and south/north and other bits also.

Definitely a green communist.

Well as a driver I always try my best to avoid driving through Headingley. It’s got to be the worst place in Leeds to drive it’s always busy so the fool can have his wish on that one as I will always avoid Headingley if I can. The main problem there is the noisy students some of which I guess complain about the aircraft noise and are the group that shall not be mentioned fanatics. Not all of them but I’m sure many are( No doubt the ones that are try to get others on their side!)

Headingley is full of idiotic students who don’t have consideration for others.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock