Well at last, tomorrow see's the long awaited return of Thomas Cook Airlines operating regular flightS into Leeds/Bradford Airport using its Airbus A321 aircraft on it 2 turkey routes to Dalaman (Wed & Sat) and Antalya (Thu & Sun).
I even see the airport has managed to get the Thomas Cook logo onto its Live arrivals and departure pages....

Last edited:
Yeap looks like Thomas Cook Holidays are to introduce a new route to Tunisia for summer 2019 from Leeds/Bradford. The 1x weekly service to Enfidha will operate every Tuesday commencing from May 21st and run up until October 1st, 2019.
Flights will be operated by Tunisian based airline, Nouvelair using an Airbus A320 aircraft..

NBE 15:15 - LBA 18:30 / LBA 19:30 - NBE 22:50

Last edited:
A nice trans-continental route back. It has been a very long time since we had Nouvelair (over to the nostalgia experts!!).

A nice trans-continental route back. It has been a very long time since we had Nouvelair (over to the nostalgia experts!!).

Thanks for the challenge Bigman. The only Nouvelair aircraft that I have on record as visiting LBA was Airbus 320 TS-INA on 28 April 2001.

Barnsley Holidays

Wonder if this is just an elbow in the water from TC at this time. Tunisia is somewhere to avoid for a lot of people at this time. Having just read the Foreign Office travel advice which states that further attacks are likely and in areas where tourists gather, you`d have to be some sort of a nut to want to put yourself and family at that kind of risk.No wonder Jet2 are still ignoring it.

I think this shows a real positive statement of intent from TC. I know we have been here before where things are xxld and moved to MAN, and whilst yes J2 are avoiding Tunisia like the plague it is an area where TC clearly see they can steal a march on their rivals so I say good on them. And yes it does give us that new route and also means no further saturation on other traditional bucket and spade routes. Our reduction in domestic offerings is disappointing but if this starts to free up slots and parking spaces for bigger aircraft then that may just work to LBAs advantage in the longer run.

FR24 suggests that Thomas Cook will do an aircraft swap at Leeds tonight with an A321 coming in from Belfast .

FR24 suggests that Thomas Cook will do an aircraft swap at Leeds tonight with an A321 coming in from Belfast .

Thomas Cook (Monarch Hybrid) Airbus A321, G-TCVD is operating the TCX165 from Dalaman this afternoon, But it looks to be running with over a 2 hour delay.
Hence Thomas Cook are re-positioning Airbus A321, G-TCDC from Belfast Int'l into Leeds as TCX4800 so to operate the outbound TCX164 to Dalaman on time, Also to avoid the inevitable EU261/2004 claims/payments??

Last edited:
Thomas Cook (Monarch Hybrid) Airbus A321, G-TCVD is operating the TCX165 from Dalaman this afternoon, But it looks to be running with over a 2 hour delay.
Hence Thomas Cook are re-positioning Airbus A321, G-TCDC from Belfast Int'l into Leeds as TCX4800 so to operate the outbound TCX168 to Dalaman on time, Also to avoid the inevitable EU261/2004 claims/payments??

Good move from TCX. Given that TCDC has only just left Belfast at 5.10pm it'll be due into Leeds approx 6pm so depending how fast boarding takes place there is a slim possibility 2 x TCX A321's could be on the ground together given that TCVD is now due approx 7.45pm

TCX making changes to S19 Turkey, AYT & DLM now operated by freebird airlines and both x1 weekly

TCX making changes to S19 Turkey, AYT & DLM now operated by freebird airlines and both x1 weekly

Here's what listed so far. We did see Thomas Cook make quite few changes last year before this summer's 2018 programme was finalised.

Mondays
PMI 13:00 – LBA 14:40 / LBA 15:30 – PMI 19:05 = AIR EUROPA
DLM 16:25 – LBA 18:45 / LBA 19:45 – DLM 01:45 = FREEBIRD AIRLINES
Tuesdays
NBE 15:15 – LBA 18:30 / LBA 19:30 – NBE 22:50 = NOUVELAIR TUNIS
Fridays
AYT 17:25 – LBA 19:55 / LBA 20:55 – AYT 03:05 = FREEBIRD AIRLINES

What a novel idea. If they all come off it will be nice to see a little more variation.

That must mean a reduction of seats on offer overall though ?
We had four A321 movements a week this summer

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock