Naples has always seemed somewhat niche from the regionals with charter ops. I don't understand why to be honest. Is it because the area is so expensive or is it just because there's limited hotel stock suitable for the IT market?

So this is what Summer 2023 schedule for TUI looks like at the moment
Monday
06.25 Corfu
06.55 Menorca
09.30 Antalya (other carrier)
13.45 Tenerife
14.10 Bourgas
15.10 Dalaman
Tuesday
06.00 Palma de Mallorca
06.00 Alicante
06.00 Reus
13.05 Kefalonia
13.25 Tenerife
14.30 Zante
22.40 Palma de Mallorca
Wednesday
06.00 Malaga
06.00 Kos
07.05 Ibiza
14.00 Rhodes
14.15 Paphos
16.25 Dalaman
Thursday
06.00 Lanzarote
06.20 Dubrovnik
06.45 Palma de Mallorca
14.05 Bourgas
14.45 Antalya
16.00 Dalaman
Friday
06.00 Menorca
06.00 Enfidha
06.30 Palma de Mallorca
13.00 Zante
13.20 Corfu
14.10 Tenerife
22.40 Ibiza
Saturday
06.05 Ibiza
06.15 Palma de Mallorca
07.00 Alicante
13.15 Kos
13.45 Gran Canaria
15.10 Rhodes
Sunday
06.00 Malaga
06.00 Lanzarote
07.05 Palma de Mallorca
13.25 Larnaca
14.25 Paphos
15.35 Heraklion
Post automatically merged:

Summary of Summer 2023 for TUI from Cardiff Airport
44 weekly departures (43 based 1 non based), 22 destinations, 3 based aircraft.
Palma de Mallorca 6 weekly
Tenerife 3 weekly
Dalaman 3 weekly
Ibiza 3 weekly
Lanzarote 2 weekly
Bourgas 2 weekly
Alicante 2 weekly
Malaga 2 weekly
Antalya 2 weekly
Paphos 2 weekly
Kos 2 weekly
Rhodes 2 weekly
Corfu 2 weekly
Menorca 2 weekly
Zante 2 weekly
Dubrovnik 1 weekly
Heraklion 1 weekly
Larnaca 1 weekly
Enfidha 1 weekly
Gran Canaria 1 weekly
Kefalonia 1 weekly
Reus 1 weekly
Post automatically merged:

Naples has always seemed somewhat niche from the regionals with charter ops. I don't understand why to be honest. Is it because the area is so expensive or is it just because there's limited hotel stock suitable for the IT market?
The route from Cardiff was launched in conjunction of a Marella cruise departure but doesn't seem to be sustainable. Dubrovnik was launched at the same time but seems to be having no problems and is still onsale.

Last edited:
It is good that it is 44 departures, if WIZZ expand with flights from away bases, CWL figures should increase nicely for S23.

Yep hopefully we'll see Wizz add as well as other airlines like Ryanair!

TUI have been having lots of problems all summer & still this week, having to borrow aircraft & still major delays at Cardiff & Birmingham & others

TUI have been having lots of problems all summer & still this week, having to borrow aircraft & still major delays at Cardiff & Birmingham & others
Aircraft go tech and delays happen it's an unfortunate side of the holiday industry that there's always that risk of delays, but with TUI one of the biggest complaints seem to be just a lack of people on the ground to tell people what is happening. It maybe different at bigger airports, they may have more people but people like a person to deal with. Maybe it's not viable for them to have those people at smaller airports? I don't know but it does seem to be a constant complaint.

I wonder if this is part of the yearly deal with Sunwing?

I know that Sunwing now comes under WestJet however wasn't sure when that deal was fully agreed and the lease agreements ended. I know TUI have had Sunwing aircraft for peak summer this summer.

Yep it could be possible it's the Sunwing aircraft positioning back to Canada.

TUI really need to have more staff visibility in situations like this.
The trouble is TUI staff on the ground will be the handling agent rather than TUI themselves. Cardiff will be no different from other airports in that handling agents are being stretched to their limits for resources. Unfortunately that's what you get when airlines are unwilling to pay for additional services.

The trouble is TUI staff on the ground will be the handling agent rather than TUI themselves. Cardiff will be no different from other airports in that handling agents are being stretched to their limits for resources. Unfortunately that's what you get when airlines are unwilling to pay for additional services.
Also i think TUI might rely a lot on their app to pass information along to customers and the customers themselves may not download that app.

It has been reported on the other forum, that all long haul from BRS, will not be operating next summer, one poster suggested they may come to CWL, but they are increasing long haul from BHX so that could be the reason. Did they have any weight restriction operating from BRS.

I absolutely agree that CWL will not be seeing regularly based 787 operations in light of TUIs departure from long-haul at BRS...

Only TUI are aware of the real factors in removing these routes (not necessarily the aircraft) from BRS - however there were a few occasions where the 787 operating long-haul from BRS this summer had to operate via SNN for a "technical stop".

It seems there's also a few other short haul routes cut from BRS and some are inciting the effect of Jet2, who are still continuing to grow.
TUI may still be updating S23 schedules so nothing is confirmed yet.
But having a positive view on things, I do wonder if they might further expand slightly at CWL to counteract the growth of Jet2 at BRS. People often complain of higher prices at CWL than BRS due to difference in demand and supply. If TUI were to grow at CWL knowing they could bring prices down because of the growth and win back people from going over the bridge, it could benefit CWL.

TUI would have to put up a fight somehow, I can't see them rolling over and letting Jet2 completely dominate the Southwest.

I can't see TUI long haul coming too Cardiff. I don't think it would be feasible in these economic times.
It will be interesting to see how TUI adapt to Jet2 at Bristol. At the moment potentially I believe it's possible Jet2 may have 6? aircraft at Bristol for Summer 2023 which is their operation for the South West England, parts of the England's southern coast and southern and western Wales. TUI at the moment will have potentially 10 or 11? aircraft between 4 airports for the same area so could add at any of them including Cardiff.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock