I had this email today from BRS.

Information Update for our customers​

As one of our valued customers, we want to ensure that we keep you informed during this unprecedented period of uncertainty.

Safety and security of our customers and staff is our absolute priority and we continue to work closely with our airlines, the Government, Department for Transport and Public Health England for the latest information and guidance.

Like all airports, we now have a much-reduced flying programme. We remain open to assist our airline partners in providing essential domestic flights within the UK, repatriating customers returning to the UK or returning home within Europe and flights to key European cities.

With less passengers travelling we have also made a few changes to the services and facilities on offer. These include a reduced frequency on the Airport Flyer bus service and a reduced retail and catering offering at the airport. We continue to offer free cancellation on car park bookings for any customers who need to change their travel plans as a result of COVID-19 virus.

Our airlines and tour operators are already looking to the future and shaping the schedules and holidays for Winter 2020/Spring 2021 flight programmes. This includes the early launch by easyJet of their winter schedule through to February 2021.

Thank you for your ongoing support and whether you are travelling now or in the future from Bristol Airport the team are here to assist you and we look forward to welcoming you on your travels.

For more information please take a look at our dedicated FAQ page which can be found here.

There were over 40 departures from BRS today according to the airport website departure page (about half the number normally expected on a Thursday at the end of the winter period). How many were 'rescue flights' I don't know, and I wonder about the load factors generally. Clearly this level of operation will soon reduce very significantly.

Today the BRS website departures page is showing 54 flights departing including six to Spain or its territories:

Ryanair

Seville
Alicante
Arrecife
Valencia
Malaga

easyJet

Tenerife South

More 'rescue flights'?

most international flights arriving with passengers in single digit numbers. GVA had 1 pax or thereabouts. Totals for the day for all international flights are less than 50.

Unprecedented situation. If not for some domestic flights there really is no reason to keep the port open.

most international flights arriving with passengers in single digit numbers. GVA had 1 pax or thereabouts. Totals for the day for all international flights are less than 50.

Unprecedented situation. If not for some domestic flights there really is no reason to keep the port open.

Looking at the BRS departures page the following operated today:

easyJet

International: Reykjavik, Geneva (x 4), Grenoble, Paris CDG (x 2), Amsterdam (x 2), Faro, Berlin Schoenfeld
UK: Edinburgh (x 4), Belfast Int (x 3), Newcastle (x 3), Glasgow (x 2), Inverness

Ryanair

International: Cologne, Bucharest, Dublin, Knock (Ryanair operated only one of its DUB rotations whereas Aer Lingus Regional operated 3).

KLM Cityhopper

Amsterdam (x 3)

Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart)

Dublin (x 3)

Loganair

Aberdeen

I wonder why easyJet, KLM and Aer Lingus Regional were operating multi-journeys to (4 to Geneva) to non-UK destinations if loads were almost non-existent?

Icelandic volcano erupted 20 March 2010. Soon after the airports in Western Europe fell silent for about a week

Exactly 10 years later we are soon to have silent skies. Who could have predicted this.

Icelandic volcano erupted 20 March 2010. Soon after the airports in Western Europe fell silent for about a week

Exactly 10 years later we are soon to have silent skies. Who could have predicted this.
No-one. It's like reading a futuristic novel.

Unfortunately, the volcano incident will turn out to have been very small beer compared to this, although we thought at the time that it was a serious blow to aviation.

Looks like only 7 flights all day tomorrow. This is Cardiff peak summer territory for Bristol.

Looks like only 7 flights all day tomorrow. This is Cardiff peak summer territory for Bristol.
According to BRS website departures page a maximum of five departures today.

Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart) to Cork at 1250
Ryanair to Budapest at 1300
KLM to Amsterdam at 1340
All departed
Ryanair to Dublin at 1710
Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart) to Dublin at 1910
Shown as operating later

easyJet booking engine shows a flight to BFS tomorrow but after that no easyJet fights from BRS shown until Thursday or Friday to such places as AMS, CDG, EDI, GLA and INV. I didn't check any other easyJet routes.

It was busier than that in the 1970s in terms of the numbe of departures.

Some people scoffed when a week or so ago the EDI management said they would probably be handling no passengers in the months to come. I doubt that many would question that statement now and BRS and others will probably be in the same boat. Already there are reports that Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart) will be suspending their DUB to the UK operations later in the week.

KLM to Amsterdam at 1340
All departed
Shown as operating later

easyJet booking engine shows a flight to BFS tomorrow but after that no easyJet fights from BRS shown until Thursday or Friday to such places as AMS, CDG, EDI, GLA and INV. I didn't check any other easyJet routes.

It was busier than that in the 1970s in terms of the numbe of departures.

Some people scoffed when a week or so ago the EDI management said they would probably be handling no passengers in the months to come. I doubt that many would question that statement now and BRS and others will probably be in the same boat. Already there are reports that Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart) will be suspending their DUB to the UK operations later in the week.
It was mentioned elsewhere that the border will be closed on Friday.

KLM to Amsterdam at 1340
All departed
Shown as operating later

On top of the 7x commercial departures today, 2x TOM B738 (G-TAWC & WD) positioned in from EXT and EMA. This means 4x TOM B738 are now on the ground at BRS. Assume rather than keeping the aircraft stored across all UK bases, they're easier stored at the larger bases. CWL also saw it's based B738 depart to DSA today.

Well it does make sense to store as many as it can at 1 airport than have aircraft here there and every where. The main reason would be maintainence to get aircraft in the air again when flying restarts and also engineers not spread far and wide.

BRS now very close to no airline passenger flights at all. Today there were two, both at lunchtime: KLM to Amsterdam and Ryanair to Dublin. Tomorrow these two flights are shown again as operating plus Loganair to Aberdeen later on.

If anyone one here is working at the airport and has a chance to grab a photo of them all parked up would be great, never know it so quiet.

Anyway if you are working take care and be safe.

The two flights mentioned in the report that took off yesterday were Ryanair to Dublin and KLM to Amsterdam. If the report is to be believed then these fights were to rapatriate Britons or for other 'essential' reasons. These flights are shown as operating again today.

Currently the 1915 Loganair flight to Aberdeen is also shown on the BRS website departure page as if it is to operate. The inbound Loganair due at 1845 is shown as coming from Birmingham on the BRS website arrivals page.

I note the Bristol Post is still illustrating its Bristol Airport stories with a picture that is at least nearly ten years old - a Continental Boeing 757 is shown parked on stand, a service that ceased to operate in November 2010.

There appears to be a weekly Pegasus flight this summer according to the acl report. Anyone know where to in turkey and who for? Otherwise increase for ezy and tui decreases for Ryanair

Looks like a TOM B787-8 (G-TUIE) is due in tomorrow from Oulu, Finland having flown repatriation flights for TUIfly Nordic. That'll make 5x B738 and 1x B788 of TUIs on the ground in BRS. All ready for the summer season when everything is back up and running?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock