Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

Advertisement

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
FR24 is now saying that EK38 will depart BHX at 23:50, which implies that the aircraft will position back (usual EK policy). I really hope that the EK37 pax have remained on board. It will be a far more pleasant experience to sit on the aircraft for a couple of hours and then fly back to BHX, than a 3 hour road journey on the M11, the dreadful A14 and then the M6 and M42.

Kevin

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
FR24 is now saying that EK38 will depart BHX at 23:50, which implies that the aircraft will position back (usual EK policy). I really hope that the EK37 pax have remained on board. It will be a far more pleasant experience to sit on the aircraft for a couple of hours and then fly back to BHX, than a 3 hour road journey on the M11, the dreadful A14 and then the M6 and M42.

Kevin
Landed back at BHX 22:51, I presume passengers were still aboard.

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
TUI not having a very good Saturday!

G-TUIN The new B789 appears to have gone tech and the Bridgetown flight has been delayed 22 hours until Sunday morning

G-TAWD operating the Chambery diverted to Lyon due weather, hence the Chambery was delayed over 6 hours and the Las Palmas flight just over 4 hours late.

AlbaStar B738 EC-NGC has also postioned in, to operate for TUI on sunday.

and this is low season winter, imagine the problems they will have next summer with a mass shortage of aircraft, due to the Max issues?

big vern

Nov 24, 2015
Cheers, shame it went to LGW but good to know BHX was in the mix and plans were in place to handle two 388's at the same time
They planned 2 but handling 2 at once would have been a different matter, it would have sat on 85C untouched (except maybe some steps to ML2) until the late EK37/38 departed then you would have had reduced staff due to the time as lots of staff stayed over for the 37 and would have gone home leaving the nightshift staff. I am told that after 2am they could not do a pushback anyway on either 380.

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull
so why have a bunch been diverted
Aircraft only carry so much fuel. Those that have diverted made at least 1 approach into Gatwick. To give Gatwick a second go would likely have left them with not enough fuel to divert elsewhere so the question becomes "how sure are we that we can land off this next approach?". If there's enough doubt they'll divert.

Top Bottom