Advertisement

Brand new exclusive Bristol Airport webcam

centreline

Jul 18, 2011
Hi there,

I am pleased to announce the debut of a brand new exclusive webcam on the runway of Bristol Aiport. The cam can be seen here: http://www.centrelineair.co.uk/contact/webcam/

The cam updates every few seconds or so, and is based near the runway, close to the headquaters of the private air charter company Centreline.

The cam is free is use, so if you're interested in Bristol airport, log on today!

Thanks

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Welcome to forums4airports 'centreline'.

What a great facility. Many thanks for posting the link.

I remember there used to be cameras on the eastern apron a few years ago linked to the BRS apron site but they were taken out of use.

For those unfamiliar with BRS the camera is located on the southside of the runway in the general aviation sector looking roughly in a northerly direction. The control tower can be seen (the high structure in the distance) as can the western apron with the western walkway in the background.

Bristol has two aprons for commercial aircraft northside. The other is the eastern apron which is out of shot to the right of the camera.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
The western apron camera seems to confirm what I've thought for a while which is that the apron website is not a reliable and comprehensive guide of the current state of the airport.

Currently the webcam shows six jets (easyJet and Ryanair) parked on the western apron yet the apron website is showing only three.

Maybe the fact that the western apron stands layout now bears no relationship to the plan shown on the apron website is the reason.

Perhaps when the apron website is brought up to date in terms of the location of the stands the information shown might become more reliable.

It may be that the eastern apron is accurately portrayed on the apron website - the location of the stands are - but because the webcam doesn't show the eastern apron it's not possible to be certain.

alphagolf

Premium Member Plus
Jun 8, 2010
Bowerhill, Melksham. Wiltshire
It is my understanding that any aircraft parked on the Western Apron, Stands 23 to 26 are not shown on the Apron/Stands website as it does not reflect the exact stand layout on the Western Apron!

So there can be 4 aircraft on stand as per the webcam but not showing on the apron website!

Stands 21 to 26 are all nose-in stands on the Western Walkway, 26N, 27 & 28 no longer exist!

My last correspondence with the airport advised that the Western Apron stand layout on the website was in the process of being updated. But as yet there is no evidence of this, and there is still the easyjet constantly parked on Stand 9 and an unknown aircraft on stand 32.

I will chase it up again tomorrow and update you all accordingly!

alphagolf

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Many thanks for that information, alphagolf.

alphagolf

Premium Member Plus
Jun 8, 2010
alphagolf said:
I have emailed my contact at the airport ref an update on the apron/stand website, I await her reply and will post it on here when I have it!
I have had a reply from my contact at the airport and infortunately not good news, the IT dept have advised that the Stand Layout on the Western Apron and the Glitches on Stands 9 & 32 won't be resolved in the near future! :sad:

I am quite dissapointed with this response from the IT dept as they give no explaination as to the reasons why, if they were to say, "We aren't updating the Western Apron until we have confirmation of the prosposed new stands", then I could accept this!

I have emailed Robert Sinclair, for a response about the apron website and will update accordingly!

alphagolf

alphagolf

Premium Member Plus
Jun 8, 2010
I have emailed Robert Sinclair, for a response about the apron website and will update accordingly
I have had an "Out of Office Reply" from Robert, stating he is on leave until the 22nd August so will not be picking any emails up!

So will have to wait until he returns for a response, at least I know it is there waiting for him! :smile:

alphagolf

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thanks for your efforts alphagolf.

The apron site is currently like an egg that is half good and half bad - of limited value.

alphagolf

Premium Member Plus
Jun 8, 2010
I have had an email from Alan Davies the Planning & Environment Director! Please see below:

Robert Sinclair has asked me to respond to your email of today regarding the apron.bristolairport.com website.

I regret that the website does not properly reflect the current apron layout. The eastern apron is correct but the western apron does not reflect the changes that were made when the Western Walkway was built. A correct layout is available, however, under the OJEU notices tab. I think the apron layouts reflect the correct aircraft, apart from one small glitch, although the location of the stand and its orientation is not quite correct in the case of the Western Apron. Please let me know if you think there is more to this.

The problem we have is that the website was set up some years ago and its structure is somewhat out of date compared with current website design. Updating the site is therefore quite a laborious task. Nevertheless I have asked our IT department to see if they can correct the stand layout to resolve the Western Apron glitch. In the meantime you might refer to the stand layout under the OJEU notices tab and bear in mind that there is no stand 26N, 27 or 28 at the moment!

Thank you for your interest and support.

Regards,

Alan Davies
Planning & Environment Director
Bristol Airport
Bristol, BS48 3DY
I have replied thanking him for this information and asked if it is possible just to get stands 23 to 26 operational! Will let you know!

alphagolf

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Many thanks yet again, alphagolf.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Red Arrows

Just watched via the camera the Red Arrows taxi from the GA area on the southern apron then take off on 27. They've been at BRS overnight following what is becoming an annual display at the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta - record numbers of spectators this year, in excess of half a million over the four days.

About three minutes later they appeared over my house on the south-eastern edge of Bristol having 'done a 180' (ish) after take-off.

The Red Arrows website shows a 27-minute flight back to their base at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire after leaving BRS.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
The Centreline webcam seems to have been stuck for the past few weeks. The same picture appears night and day.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
The webcam is still stuck on a daytime scene and has been for over three months.

Looks as though it's going the way of the old eastern apron cameras which were eventually taken out of use.

Why do airports, or in this case aircraft operators, bother to install such facilities if they then don't maintain them?

After all, it was the camera's owners that told Forums4airports about it in the first place.

Advertisement

Top Bottom