Advertisement

Flybe

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #981
Flybe's problem is that it wishes to remove all 9 Embrear 195 aircraft from the fleet immediately. Unfortunately all are on lease until 2020. The fleet at the moment is 15 aircraft too heavy, 9 embrear are already planned to go, plus another 6 aircraft.
They should be down to 4 E195s for next summer with 3 going to Stobarts which i think they've already bought 1 and are leasing 2 at the moment as well and 2 will be going back this winter and eventually by January 2020 the E195s will be gone and the jet fleet will consist of 15 E175s. I believe as well that they will get rid of more of the ex Republic Airways Q400s as well which will trim the fleet down some more as well. Route wise i believe they will look more at their strong routes and their strength as airline which is 60 mins to 90 mins sectors on regional aircraft. As for profitable routes just because an LCC isn't operating it doesn't neccesarily mean it's not profitable.
As for who would buy them well investors will have lots of different reasons and maybe we might get surprised. Just look at Icelandair and WOW. Personally i think in the long term they might be wise to develop a relationship with Ryanair and do what Air Malta will do and sell flights through their website as well as it would give them exposure to a lot of customers who might not neccesarily look at Flybe.

Advertisement

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Just had a meal here in Portugal and met a nice couple from Cardiff who have a house here and don’t have one good thing to say about FlyBe....they come out about 10 times a year and obviously use Cardiff as much as they can but now it’s winter it has to be Bristol with Easy who they say are far far better....FlyBe need to sort out more than their fleet by the sounds of things if they are to survive.
Somebody at FlyBe could have allocated an E195 at LBA and found some decents routes which would have worked..LIS for example it would have been the only airport covering the NE down to the Midlands offering a direct flight there rather than having to go to MAN...that is a very big catchment area....there are plenty of other destinations where business could be mixed with lesiure...MADRID, BRUSSELS, BERLIN, HAMBURG, VIENNA, PORTO.....

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
The biggest immediate problem as I see it is with a share price of 10 pence even a one pence movement either way makes rich pickings of 10% profit overnight for the professional speculators over the last two days the share trading has been high, roughly 1.25 million shares traded. You need deep pockets to do it and accept the risk but there is money to be made.

At this rate suppliers will demand money up front (how much do they owe BHX or MAN say not to mention fuel suppliers or even MAEL )

Really hope it works out but the managment of the company does not instill much confidence.
Today they are 11p Rollo....10% in less than a week, nice little earner for those who dare speculate.

Nov 5, 2012
I think there is huge scope for a Flybe type operation in the u.k., however, for it to grow and prosper it really needs to have removed the present financial noose round its neck.
Shareholder value has already been reduced by 80% , so only a small step to restructure the balance and get the company on a sound financial basis.

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Its just been announced that a new FlyBe route is to commence from Newcastle to London City Airport....It never really worked for LBA which was a shame as I used it many times.....should have bought some shares! Haha.
It will be operated by Eastern so good look there Newcastle......

Last edited:

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #991
Its just been announced that a new FlyBe route is to commence from Newcastle to London City Airport....It never really worked for LBA which was a shame as I used it many times.....should have bought some shares! Haha.
That's because the DLR railway hadn't opened the last time Leeds had a service to London City. It was canned just before it opened.

dlr-route-map.gif

Offint

Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
That's because the Light railway hadn't opened the last time Leeds had a service to London City. It was canned just before it opened.
I think LBA is a tad too close to LCY for it to really work as the train is better and virtually direct to the heart of the City....and quicker but the time you check in, get from LCY to Central London there’s nothing in it.

Feb 4, 2009
It will be operated by Eastern so good look there Newcastle......
It is however at the detriment to the ABZ-LCY service as it’s that, that will drop into Newcastle on the way to London City.

Nov 5, 2012
Unfortunatley as Ed Balls found out with sharon Shoesmiths handling of baby P, whatever the faults of an employee may be, to fire them even with logical reasons, may not meet the threshold of legal requirements.

Advertisement

Top Bottom