If anybody is planning a spotting trip to Frankfurt, Vietnam Airlines are to operate their new A350 aircraft every morning until March.

The picture is one of the airlines Boeing 777's taken at the airport by our very own Seasider man.
View media item 3268Vietnam 777 by Seasider, hosted on Forums4airports.com

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised (to Aviador), I have now catalogued my photos from my trip to FRA at the beginning of June. There are some great photo places around the airport in addition to the terrace in the Terminal (faces south). For the last 2 visits I have used the designated area known as Zeppelinheim which can be reached via the local rail station and a 10 min walk. The aircraft land on 25L and 25C right in front, 25R is a little further away but the aircraft taxi in the front of you on the way to the southern runway, "stopover" aircraft use the same taxiway to the long time parking stands.
This viewing area is only about 200m from the memorial to the Berlin Airlift which has a C-47 and C-54 displayed.

Gulf Air A320.jpg
View attachment 9796
Chins Sth Cargo B777F.jpg
Bulgarian Air Charter MD83.jpg
Etihad B789.jpg
Montenegro Airlines B735.jpg
TUI B738.jpg
Vietnam AL A350.jpg
World Club A340.jpg

China AL B777.jpg

I hope you enjoy and if you an airline photographer, I can highly recommend a trip to FRA.

Excellent! I enjoyed looking at them. Many thanks.

Just out of interest Seasider, did you go to the other runway that is used for arrivals over the other side. Ive seen alot of videos where spotters take alot of photos/video from this runway rather than the side your photos were taken ?

No. That is runway 25R (videos I've seen) which is north of the terminal and about 1 mile further west. I was staying in Frankfurt centre and it was easier to get to Zeppelinheim, plus it had the advantage of aircraft taxiing past you.

Next April i'm planning a little flying holiday for my birthday and one of the airports i'll be flying through is Frankfurt. Does anyone if there is a plane spotting area at the terminal or terminals? I'll probably be flying with Lufthansa and have no idea what terminal they fly from!

If only we could have one of those viewing platforms like at FRA/BCN at the end of Runway 33 at BHX it would be awesome but hold on a minuite this is the UK, where everything involves lots of red tape and lots of money which nobody has. :banghead:
One at Cardiff would be very nice!

Next April i'm planning a little flying holiday for my birthday and one of the airports i'll be flying through is Frankfurt. Does anyone if there is a plane spotting area at the terminal or terminals? I'll probably be flying with Lufthansa and have no idea what terminal they fly from!

The website that Ray Finkle posted is very good for all airports as well as Frankfurt.

There is a viewing area on top of the terminal, (2, I believe), the European flights but is no good for the photographers as it faces the sun.
I have not been to the platform for runway 25R but it should be "walkable" from the Terminal. There is a good platform for runway 36 (departures) but you need a car to get to it. For my last 2 visits I have used the one next to the motorway bridge (pictures above taken from there) to the south of runway 26C and 26L plus taxies to runway 36 and "long stay" parking.

The website that Ray Finkle posted is very good for all airports as well as Frankfurt.

There is a viewing area on top of the terminal, (2, I believe), the European flights but is no good for the photographers as it faces the sun.
I have not been to the platform for runway 25R but it should be "walkable" from the Terminal. There is a good platform for runway 36 (departures) but you need a car to get to it. For my last 2 visits I have used the one next to the motorway bridge (pictures above taken from there) to the south of runway 26C and 26L plus taxies to runway 36 and "long stay" parking.
Thanks. Although I haven't booked any flights yet i was thinking of doing a little bit of spotting before my flight so won't want to wander to far. Thanks for the info!

Somehting different from Frankfurt Airport! A new lounge opening on 3rd April with Alpaca's in!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock