Ex Monarch A320 G-ZBAP landed at St Athan about 40 minutes ago. Don't know if it's for E Cube to break up or for Cardiff Aviation to work on. Came from Bergen op Zoom where i'm guessing it was stored.

Ex Monarch A320 G-ZBAP landed at St Athan about 40 minutes ago. Don't know if it's for E Cube to break up or for Cardiff Aviation to work on. Came from Bergen op Zoom where i'm guessing it was stored.

It went to Ecube, watched it parking up. Still in full Monarch livery.

Am I right in saying that Bruce Dickinson's company, Cardiff Aviation, is now all systems go after one or two logistical/cash flow problems in the past year or so?

It has come to a stage where I no longer believe a word that comes out of Bruce Dickinson's mouth.

It appears he is very good at using the media as they just lap up all the rubbish that is spouted and to a degree so does WAG.

The ACMI side of the business has been wound up, Djibouti has severed ties with Cardiff Aviation, MRO has been struggling so it appears only the training arm seems to be conducting regular work.

ZS-DJI is currently being worked on and has been at St Athan since October 2017. It be interesting to know if this will still be heading to Djibouti.

According to the South Wales Aviation Group that prior to the recent visit of ex Thomson Airways Boeing 767 GOBYE & Med View Boeing 767 5N-BQN the last aircraft to arrive from maintenance was an Air Moldova A320 in April of this year.

I hope that the recent work is signs of thing changing but I hope the company can deliver on their promises and be on time and on budget for future tasks.

Fingers crossed companies can have faith once again in Cardiff Aviation and that Bruce let the people who know what their doing take charge as his track record isn't good.

Guessing there to be scrapped? Sad really, Thomas Cook could have done with them for their LBA and LTN bases.

I've seen 2 posts 1 on WAF and 1 on a ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page saying that Cardiff Aviation has signed a 5 year maintenance deal with TUI. Nothing is confirmed yet but they have done work lately on least 2 TUI aircraft and have more due apparently. If this is true then it's really good news for Cardiff Aviation.

On one of the other Cardiff Airport threads, Jerry recently made the observation that "St Athan looked impressively full!"
With the current influx of aircraft for e-cube, it does raise the genuine issue about available apron space. The disused runway clearly can't be used as it's CAL's access and Metro seems to be used for visitors. Anyone got any ideas on spare apron capacity? - or are E-cube going to rapidly accelerate hull scrap rates?

Well they got another 747 in today so theyll need to find room for that!
I don't know st Athan well enough to guess where they could expand.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock