Festive Period Carrier Update

Aer Lingus - BHD increases to 2x daily from 1st Dec excl. Sat. DUB remains at 4x weekly going daily for main weeks around Christmas.

Air France - No ops

Air India - 1x Weekly on Sat

Aurigny - No ops

Austrian Airlines - No ops

Blue Air - Ops on 21st, 24th Dec & 4th, 7th & 11th Jan to OTP.

Blue Islands - Ops return on 21st Dec on Mon, Wed & Sun.

Brussels - No ops

easyJet - BFS increases to 12 - 16 weekly from 4th Dec. EDI returns daily on 18th Dec and GLA at 4x weekly on 18th Dec, GVA returns on 19th Dec at approx. 7x weekly with additions some weeks, increasing largely at the end of Jan.

Emirates - 1x daily service to DXB

Eurowings- 2x weekly on Mon & Fri to DUS

KLM - Remains 2x daily for Christmas & New year period.

Loganair - BHX-ABZ-INV operates Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri & Sun from 7th Dec.

Lufthansa - FRA continues at 10x weekly (all operated by Lufthansa Cityline) . No ops to MUC.

SAS - Ops to CPH on 18th, 21st & 28th Dec and 4th Jan . Regular ops return at later date.

SWISS - No ops

Turkish - Ops 3x weekly to IST

Vueling - No ops

Wizz Air - BUD returns 20th Dec 2x weekly, RIX commences 18th Dec 2x weekly, VNO commences 19th Dec 2x weekly to begin with, KRK returns 17th Dec 3x weekly, WAW returns 18th Dec 3x weekly, WRO returns 18th Dec 2x weekly, OTP increases back to 3x weekly from 21st Dec, CLJ returns 18th Dec 2x weekly, CRA returns 19th Dec 2x weekly & IAS commences 20th Dec 2x weekly.

I haven't included FR, TOM & LS due to changes remaining likely with imminent testing/quarantine announcement due.

Scottish flights are subject to change depending on Nicola Sturgeon

Wizz will be one of BHX's largest airlines in December with 23 flights per week!

A taste of things to come I think.

They are THE airline that the airport needs to be cosying up to!

Very sad to see how few flights BHXs Star Alliance carriers will be offering in December but good that TK, LH & SK have stood by the airport which demonstrates their commitment to BHX and general route performance.

Wizz will be one of BHX's largest airlines in December with 23 flights per week!

A taste of things to come I think.

They are THE airline that the airport needs to be cosying up to!

The airlines appear to be looking for deals, can/will BHX do what it takes?

Time will tell.

Let's hope that they put some deals on the table as it is a critical point right now, airlines are ripping up the rule book when it comes to routes and where they do and do not operate from

I really hope so.

We only have to look at easyjet to see what happens when airlines get established at other airports and then realise that as long at the price is right pax from your catchment area will be more than happy to travel. Strike whilst the iron is hot, take the short term hit but reap the benefits further down the line. I won't hold my breath.

I have received responses from 2 emails I sent to Vueling & Iberia....

Vueling said that "Birmingham remains a key part of our network" and they hope to put flights on sale in the next couple of weeks for Summer 21, the wording of the email seemed unusually upbeat and positive so I'm very interested to see what materialise.

Iberia said that they are currently reevaluating their UK network and that they are aware that there are now no airlines operating BHX - MAD and to keep an eye on their website for updates in the coming weeks. Whilst this does not mean anything they are clearly looking more at the regions again with the recent addition of NCL - MAD, NCL - ACE & NCL - LPA. I have also recently made a route suggestion to Air Europa.

Vueling said that "Birmingham remains a key part of our network" and they hope to put flights on sale in the next couple of weeks for Summer 21, the wording of the email seemed unusually upbeat and positive so I'm very interested to see what materialise.

Iberia said that they are currently reevaluating their UK network and that they are aware that there are now no airlines operating BHX - MAD and to keep an eye on their website for updates in the coming weeks. Whilst this does not mean anything they are clearly looking more at the regions again with the recent addition of NCL - MAD, NCL - ACE & NCL - LPA. I have also recently made a route suggestion to Air Europa.

Good work Wrightfly73 (y)

Yes good work, can you speak to Wizz please before they can head up the M6 !

I know we have jet 2 to Bergerac & hopefully Nice & the ski flights
But we have lost all of the French regionals, I can’t think who may possibly consider taking them over, I’ve used a lot of these over the years & they always had a mixture of leisure & business passengers particularly Bordeaux & Nantes. I know Avignon airport only had 2 flights a week to anywhere .... BHX & SOU !
Here’s hoping

Bordeaux, Nantes, Biarritz, La Rochelle and Marseille are all available from BRS with easyjet. On top of that they also have Beziers and Limoges with Ryanair.

In contrast Birmingham's one French route, to Perpignan, with Ryanair has now gone.

I appreciate it's still early days after the loss of Flybe but if we'd got a decent loco presence already in place like elsewhere, some of the routes may have already been filled.

Bordeaux, Nantes, Biarritz, La Rochelle and Marseille are all available from BRS with easyjet. On top of that they also have Beziers and Limoges with Ryanair.

In contrast Birmingham's one French route, to Perpignan, with Ryanair has now gone.

I appreciate it's still early days after the loss of Flybe but if we'd got a decent loco presence already in place like elsewhere, some of the routes may have already been filled.
Volotea would be a good candidate for the French regions!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock