Sorry, I didn't know Wolverhampton was part of Birmingham.
Technically it isn’t as it is a city in it’s own right,however the county boundaries mean it is inside the West Midlands so we have 2 West Midlands sides in the Premier league.Stretching a point maybe,but good to see more representation in the top league.How long for though remains to be seen.

Technically it isn’t as it is a city in it’s own right,however the county boundaries mean it is inside the West Midlands so we have 2 West Midlands sides in the Premier league.Stretching a point maybe,but good to see more representation in the top league.How long for though remains to be seen.
And how is this all going to effect SAS? Get home soon Ray.

SAS are slowly returning capacity in the UK.

SAS have recommenced 2 of its 17 daily flights from LHR with this set to increase to roughly 5 daily by mid July. They are also operating ABZ - SVG at a reduced schedule of 1x daily.

They announced yesterday that they will also resume ops from MAN - CPH and OSL and EDI - OSL at a reduced schedule from mid July.

Birmingham is currently showing a return on 31st August along with other routes utilising the CR9s like ABZ - CPH.

Good to see that Birmingham is hanging on in there and I really want to see one of their Vikings touching down in BHX soon (for those who don't know, every SAS aircraft except one is named after a viking).

As a regular customer of SAS, I really hope that BHX supports them as a long term, loyal customer airline of the airport operating since around 1995 and that they are engaging in dialogue to get this service restored. SAS provide a great service which is exactly what BHX needs to retain.

Assuming you mean which aircraft isn't, it is one of their A319s "Christian Valdemar Viking" which was given the name when Prince Christian of Denmark was born OY-KBO it is the one in the retro livery.

View attachment 16926

Quite a frequent visitor to BHX in the winter, I'm sure it has been to Manchester many times too.

One of my all time favourite colour schemes (y)

Kevin

Thanks and yes it used to come in quite often but not seen an A319 much in last couple of years

Is this correct forum as mentioned by OltonPete on the dried fruit forum.

SAS Copenhagen ends 9th October ??

Very sad news if true, SAS have served BHX-CPH for many years.

Is this correct forum as mentioned by OltonPete on the dried fruit forum.

SAS Copenhagen ends 9th October ??

Very sad news if true, SAS have served BHX-CPH for many years.
And looks like it returns on 14th December according to their website.

It is simply non-operative until December, looks as though SAS are reducing number of aircraft in operation for a while as Aberdeen will also cease.

I suppose the quarantine in the UK and the tightened restrictions in Denmark has made it difficult to get the passenger numbers.

Birmingham- Copenhagen is a very lucrative route for them and I'm sure we will see them again in December.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock