Without doubt the A380 is the best plane I’ve travelled on. Went from LHR to IAD on BA and was lucky enough to go in Club, you had no feeling of movement or noise, totally awesome

For me, the passenger experience on Airbus aircraft is better than the equivalent Boeing aircraft across the range. Yes, the A380 lacks the visual appeal of the 747, but it is so much quieter and more comfortable, especially on the top deck. Same with the A350 or A330 compared to 777 or 787, even quieter than the 380. I agree that a 757 has a certain retro appeal, but it is now showing its age. A320 family much more spacious than 737, especially the overhead lockers in the days before LCCs started restricting cabin baggage. Sadly all passenger A340s now almost extinct. The A346 was distinctive and very good looking - never flew in one, and won't get to do so now, only -300 versions.

Seems things didn't quite pan out yesterday with the A333 from Amman not appearing and the Air Lynx A332 not departing now due to depart this afternoon to Malta so we are left with a measly three A330 series mind you beats the long gone days of a BEA Viscount or two and if you were lucky a Aer Lingus F27 Freindship or even an exotic Air Spain Brittania to Palma but I digress again.

STS still have the Wedgetail and Tommy Cooks ex A321 on site as well.

Last edited:
Seems things didn't quite pan out yesterday with the A333 from Amman not appearing and the Air Lynx A332 not departing now due to depart this afternoon to Malta so we are left with a measly three A330 series mind you beats the long gone days of a BEA Viscount or two and if you were lucky a Aer Lingus F27 Freindship or even an exotic Air Spain Brittania to Palma but I digress again.

STS still have the Wedgetail and Tommy Cooks ex A321 on site as well.

Thanks for bringing things back on topic :)

The Smart Lynx A333 seems reluctant to leave having failed not for the fist time to depart yesterday and now according to Ian's website slated to depart at midday today, don't bank on it.

The A333 from Amman that didn't turn up last week is due in this afternoon (fingers crossed) and currently also on the ground are four TUII 787s two each of the eight and nine series making a total of eight wide bodies due to n/s as it stands including three A333s and one A332 with STS.

I reckon that is probably a record number of widebodies for BHX although it might be beaten back in the time of the big weather diversion days from Heathrow.

CredIt Ian's website

Last edited:
The A333 from Amman that didn't turn up last week is due in this afternoon (fingers crossed) and currently also on the ground are four TUII 787s two each of the eight and nine series making a total of eight wide bodies due to n/s as it stands including three A333s and one A332 with STS.

I reckon that is probably a record number of widebodies for BHX although it might be beaten back in the time of the big weather diversion days from Heathrow.
Would the G8 Summit Conference in 1998 beat that, if you count C-5's and IL-76's as 'widwebodies'? Or, the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1999?

Kevin

I do not think there would that many night stoppers for those events Airforce one was in from the USAand out to Mildenhall for example and the Cup winners final was held at Villa Park so does count in my book, sorry about that but I might be a bit biased on the Villa bit.

Good shouts though could be right.

It's a shame the airfield can't be filmed by a drone, currently, with all the stands packed with aircraft of all sizes. Strictly forbidden though.

I do not think there would that many night stoppers for those events Airforce one was in from the USAand out to Mildenhall for example and the Cup winners final was held at Villa Park so does count in my book, sorry about that but I might be a bit biased on the Villa bit.

Good shouts though could be right.
Sorry, I was not thinking about night stoppers but simply the number of aircraft on the ground at any one time. For me it doesn't matter why the aircraft arrive at BHX, be that diversion, conference or sporting event. Although, I would say that the arrivals for the Cup Winners Cup were planned movements and that gives them more credibility than diversions.

Kevin

Last edited:
Another AELF A332 arrived this morning from Kiev making it three A333s plus one A332 currently with STS.

As an aside the first Emirates 777 is showing due in tomorrow lunchtime which hopefully will be the resuumtion of a permanent service he says.

In have heard on another forum that TUI airways are a new customer of STS ?? Can anybody confirm, and have noticed a few TUI aircraft over the last few weeks parked outside the hangar ?

More good news for the STS Aircraft hangar (y)

There was supposed to be a BCS 757 arriving 0400 today for STS. Yes, it does seem quiet there at the moment. The A330s have gone off to earn their keep.

Earlier comments about Airbus; I find them better looking than Boeings with exception of 757. A certain elegance but perhaps that's me being girly!! my pilot friend used to fly 757 and 767 and he considers 757 is better looking of the two. A380 has earned nickname "Tubby" in my family.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock