Thanks. Very annoying.
Did I imagine it or was there also another carrier flying to Stuttgart recently too?

Eurowings but they dropped it as well, seems not a popular route from Manchester but I think it is from
Birmingham because of car industry

Extremely interesting that airline route is saying the OAG schedule analsyer is showimg 3 weekly Uzbekistan service from Tashkent via Amsterdam from 31st October to 30th November using 757s. Edited to say it appears to be a historic interest post and not a year with a typo. Odd to convey it is like like it is "new" news.

Last edited:
Extremely interesting that airline route is saying the OAG schedule analsyer is showimg 3 weekly Uzbekistan service from Tashkent via Amsterdam from 31st October to 30th November using 757s. Edited to say it appears to be a historic interest post and not a year with a typo. Odd to convey it is like like it is "new" news.
According to past news reports, Uzbekistan Airways took delivery of their first 757 in September 1999.

If I remember rightly, Uzbekistan used to operate a weekly IL62 flight for 12 months or so back in the early 90's?. Could they be returning?

SAS to launch Stavanger service

Scandinavian Airlines is to launch a year-round service between Manchester and the Norwegian city of Stavanger later this year.

The twice weekly route will operate on Mondays and Fridays from November 8, using a B737 aircraft.

SAS already serves Oslo and Bergen from Manchester, and will offer a total of 49 flights per week from the English city this winter.

The carrier said that it has “steadily expanded its direct services to Manchester in line with the increase in demand for trips to the British Isles and the interest in English football in particular”, and cited the arrival of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United, which it said had inspired “many Norwegians to travel to matches”.

Commenting on the news Torbjørn Wist, financial director at SAS said:

“There is tremendous interest in English football and now SAS is creating additional opportunities for even more Norwegians to be able travel to see their favourite teams in action in the famous stadiums, in a way that is fast and convenient. We are the airline with the most flight connections between Scandinavia and Manchester”.

Norwegian also plies the Manchester-Stavanger route with up to three flights per week.

Posted in the Delta Airlines thread but the announcement that they are returning to Manchester with a peak Summer 2020 daily Boston service is given in the Virgin link below:

My mind is being slightly stretched by the reference to "Together the airlines will offer a schedule of up to six daily flights to Manchester from six U.S. cities next summer."

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately I read this as meaning no extras from VS for 2020. In fact it will be a reduction for VS because of DL operating BOS. This is only in relation to the US and doesn't mean VS may not expand elsewhere but I am not holding my breath

I don`t read it that way as this is a Delta Airlines news release, anything Virgin does will be totally separate and we may
hear a bit more when the Flybe merger is further expanded on ( ie name) and plans for 2020

I don`t read it that way as this is a Delta Airlines news release, anything Virgin does will be totally separate and we may
hear a bit more when the Flybe merger is further expanded on ( ie name) and plans for 2020

When it comes to the US Virgin/Delta are in partnership. I would therefore expect them to announce their plans jointly.

That is not to say Virgin couldn't increase frequency on say LAX/LAS/MCO over and above what they did this year or even add a destination but if that was their intention I would have expected them to have said so today and the press releases give no hint of this.
Yes there is still the Flybe element to consider but that will be more to do with feed on this side of the Atlantic and I am not expecting too much on this just yet other than branding.

I would like to think BOM is in the offing but who knows. Only time will tell.

Atlanta daily
New York daily
Los Angeles 3 or 4 weekly
Las Vegas 4 weekly
Boston daily
Orlando up to 11 weekly

What i did find interesting in the PR is this: ".... follow the introduction of our exceptionally popular Manchester – Los Angeles route that launched earlier this year. "

Wihen an airline or airlines starting talking about new route launches, they normally limit themselves to a route performing above expectations. For them to starting throwing "exceptionally popular" around surely means that the next announcement over the Atlantic from Virgin is either go 5 weekly to daily summer seasonal with an extended operating period or going year round. I'm also pretty sure that somewhere along the line an Indian route comes along so that the aircraft doing 3/4 weekly LAX will do the rest of the week to India.

So while LGW get Jazeera Airways for defiinte per

https://blueswandaily.com/jazeera-a...-long-standing-ba-and-kuwait-airways-duopoly/

the intriguing bit is....

"The airline expects Kuwaiti holidaymakers, students in the UK, business travellers and feed traffic into Saudi Arabia for Hajj and Umrah, to be among the users of the new London link, and its success generating this traffic will ultimately drive where it flies next – the UK markets of Birmingham and Manchester are both under consideration, as are the likes of Athens, Malaga, Munich and Nice, according to Mr Ramachandran in an interview with the UAE press. "

An update on Thai and the "will they / won't they" route came within the fleet renewal proposal:

"Apart from this major investment, Thai Airways has another expansionary plan. Sumeth revealed that the carrier was seeking to lease three aircraft for six years to strengthen its operations in Europe.

Thai Airways currently operates an average of three flights a week connecting Bangkok with Brussels, Vienna and Milan. Sumeth mentioned the idea of increasing flight frequency to those destinations, as well as possibly exploring a new route to Manchester, using the three leased planes."

I can't recollect any recent Thai aicraft leasing news so perhaps the 2 things will be announced at the same time.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Tr...-Thai-flag-carrier-aims-for-5bn-fleet-renewal

Good news on the Juneyao front! With regard to Thai, only time will tell, it would be fantastic to have a direct connection to Bangkok as opposed to having to fly through the ME3.

Manchester has been named as a potential destination for Air Antwerp:

Translated: Deurne airport has expansion plans. Yesterday, the new airline Air Antwerp was launched, which flies to London three times a weekday. And Egis, the manager of the airport, is conducting concrete negotiations to fly from Deurne to Geneva, Zurich, Hamburg, Munich and Manchester.

Credit to airportnewsMAN on Twitter for the link

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock