Not going to comment on Russian aviation as I don't want a visit from the KGB....

Standards are different around the world. Have you looked at Aviation Herald? It's run by an Austrian guy. He usually only reports on commercial airliner incidents. Some the contributors leave a lot to be desired in their knowledge and theories about incidents/accidents. Although serious, some reports amuse me. More proof, if we need it, that aviation in the UK and most of Europe has possibly the highest standards in the world.

A US businessman who blasted into space with Star Trek actor William Shatner has died in a plane crash less than a month later.
Glen de Vries, 49, was aboard a single-engine aircraft which crashed in woodland in the US state of New Jersey on Thursday.
The other person on the flight, Thomas Fischer, 54, was also killed.

Terrible. I believe China Eastern have grounded their entire fleet of 737-800s which is over 100.

Scary watching that! It just shows how quickly something like that can happen from what initially looks like a relatively normal landing.

Took off from SJO, hydraulic failure occurred and they declared a mayday, and after some time they then came back to SJO.

Malaysian Airlines flight 134

This is a fascinating video by Mentour Pilot (He's a commercial pilot who flies B737's and his YouTube channel is well worth watching), showing the errors and lack of communication that lad to an A330 departing with the 'remove before flight' covers still on the pitot tubes. It also shows the professionalism of the pilots in dealing with the situation.

Kevin

22 years ago was the end of Concorde. The day she did a dummy flight to be then put back in service was 11th September 2001. The execs who worked in those twin towers and took the flights regularly sadly were killed. Making it unviable.

The question I'd like to ask is how much longer would she have been around for? 5 years (2006 retirement?)

EDIT; The crews took her out on 9/11. From LHR back to LHR with the Civil aviation authority (or whoever they called themselves back then) and employees of BA were on board. This was to show off all the new features on the ground, then do a "dry run". The flight time roughly similar to New York with a turn 180 mid Atlantic somewhere. Good chunk of the flight in Supersonic. Upon landing the captain and crews arrived back into the crew room to find out about the devastating news. The captain recalls feeling dread in his stomach and the "end" of the Concorde. It's all in documentary.

SIDE NOTE - Funnily enough one of the captains on the documentary put together plans for London Heathrow hub, extending out Runways 27, putting buffer zone in the middle, and therefore creating much needed capacity into the capitals airport. His proposal meant that the airport could remain open until 00:00 by using the runways (currently as we know them) for departures meaning they would be higher by the affected housing population etc. Between 04:00-05:30 they could alternative between Left/Right and use the new runways displaced further down, therefore keeping the aircraft higher for longer. Increasing ultimately the traffic. Workable and very much decent solution to our problems. Sadly no one has actioned this. He later said he would compromise on just one runway with options for another. Heathrow Hub it's called. Very interesting read.

Last edited:
As the Concorde's had not done that many flights or flying hours, they could have continued flying for many more years - well beyond 2006. One documentary stated they had another 20 years in them at least based on flying hours /landings/ take offs.

20221119_114130.jpg
Servivors of a pretty horrific accident at Lima airport in Peru where a departing Latam Airbus A320 (CC-BHB) struck a fire vehicle which was part of a convoy crossing the runway as the aircraft was taking off. All the crew and passenger onboard the flight survived but two fire crew were lost in the accident.

I've seen a couple of blurry YouTube videos of this (from the other side of the aircraft) and it was difficult to see whether the starboard engine had detached. The video showed that the aircraft was moving fast and thus the impact with the fire truck must have been very hard. Sadly, two firefighters have died and another is critical. No passengers or crew were killed.

Something must have gone very wrong with procedures. Why would a fire truck enter an active runway, other than in an emergency? Other than that, they would only enter with ATC's permission.
The BBC report states that the aircraft had been cleared to take off and that no request had been made for the fire services help. In a more disturbing development, 'the prosecutors' office said it was investigating the incident as potential manslaughter'. I can't see the flight crew being in any way to blame, which leaves only one other possibility.

Kevin
Post automatically merged:

Further information from the Blancolirio Channel regarding this accident. It includes a report from the Aviation Herald. This implies that 3 Fire trucks entered the active runway and the video appears to show that the aircraft hit two of them.

Keving

Last edited:
For those interested in aviation accident analysis, I highly recommend the series of Green Dot Aviation videos available on You Tube. They're a real education!!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock