Hehe.....I have no idea, but Father Ted's house is in a really desolate area in the Burren in Southern Ireland. Always a fair few people even now stopping for photographs etc. Bit far for you to drive down there Ray.

Cheers

Karl

Hehe.....I have no idea, but Father Ted's house is in a really desolate area in the Burren in Southern Ireland. Always a fair few people even now stopping for photographs etc. Bit far for you to drive down there Ray.

Cheers

Karl

I wanted to make the pilgrimage to Craggy Island but I was overruled. In fairness it is nowhere near where we are going.

Hi Ray,

I've been to NI hundreds of times. I jest not. Easyjet should cut me a cheque for the amount of times.
Try and get to County Down. The area between Newcastle and Warrenpoint are beautiful. The mountains of mourne and the spelga dam especially. The road down to the dam is particularly weird, as if you put your car in neutral and take the handbrake off, you roll back uphill!! Strange experience. From Warrenpoint you can go up thru Newry to Carlingford which is in the south. Really beautiful parts of the country for sure.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Kind regards

Karl

Thanks ever so much for the great info, I now have so much to pack into a long weekend. I have a feeling that we may return in the future for a longer period (y)

Flying out to Arrecife with Jet2 tomorrow for 10 days, #Family time.:)

Have a great time :)

We're off to Lanzarote in a few weeks, flying with TUi though.

Long, long queues at security this morning but through in 11 minutes. Super impressive performance from BHX (y)

Just in Wetherspoons waiting for breakfast, no Abbott Ale though as I'm collecting a car on Belfast :(

Ray - enjoy your brekkie, I will in Wetherspoons later before oour flight to BTS, we must meet up again soon for a beer
Ian

I watched the inbound flight fill two busses which considering it was an A319 showed a very healthy load. I think I counted two empty seats on our flight.

Really nice journey with easyjet it's just a shame that BHX can't get more from them, the potential must be huge.

Giants Causeway was spectacular, well worth a visit. After some Guinness and a little too much of Bushmills finest I'm feeling a little groggy this morning, worth it though (y)

Ray - enjoy your brekkie, I will in Wetherspoons later before oour flight to BTS, we must meet up again soon for a beer
Ian

Definitely, maybe when there is something juicy to chat about. Hopefully it will end up better than the last discussion about P£!₩€£a :rolleyes:

Have a great trip.

All booked now...

Im off to Japan in may and booked the following flights:

BHX - HKG (Qatar, Business Class, Via DOH)
HKG - NRT (Japan Airlines, Business Class, Direct)
NRT - LGW (Emirates, First Class, Via DXB)

I would have happily flown back into BHX but First Class obviously isn't offered by EK into BHX to opted for a slightly more awkward flight into LGW which offered the seats on the days I wanted. FYI, I'm not rich, this itinerary only cost me £403! its just cost me an additional 350,000 airmiles (Avios and Skyward Miles)... Regardless, was keen to support BHX Long-haul however I can!

All booked now...

I would have happily flown back into BHX but First Class obviously isn't offered by EK into BHX to opted for a slightly more awkward flight into LGW which offered the seats on the days I wanted. FYI, I'm not rich, this itinerary only cost me £403! its just cost me an additional 350,000 airmiles (Avios and Skyward Miles)... Regardless, was keen to support BHX Long-haul however I can!

Sounds like an amazing trip at an even more amazing price :)

Sounds like an amazing trip at an even more amazing price :)

I’m not going to lie. However much I tell myself otherwise, this will be a once in a lifetime trip. That said, it could get better if Qatar upgrade their BHX route with an A350 by May so I can experience their Q-Suite all the way from BHX-HKG...

...fingers crossed!

All booked now...

That sounds like an amazing trip! Have a great time!

Frustrating that I have to use Leeds for flight to Kefalonia in August as cost from BHX for 12 prohibitive (2200 more) and frequency just not available, then the dreaded USA problem, LHR to MIA in Oct as no AA or United

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock