My previous best was an Emirates A380 at night which overflew me and the last I saw of it's lights was around Sheffield, Ordinarily, I wouldn't have paid too much attention to the trail but it was just seeing the bend that made me inquisitive. Hopefully there;s going to be a few more days like this - people with access to elevated local beauty spots should be able to see just as far if not further than me.

Had no problems with FR24. I must say that now they show what is helicopters is good and could watch them for hours,seems like it any way.

Yesterdays FR24 playback shows a USAF C-130 from Iceland overflew Birmingham, but flying N-S. There was also an aircraft with a blocked callsign flying E-W
It sees a lot of blocked aircraft and the info. I have followed the trail back on a blocked aircraft and that shows where it took off from.

RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath in particular seem to be very busy at the moment, in recent days I’ve seen an Apache, multiple KC-135s and a C-130.
I was walking home from my local Co-Op in Willingham just north of Cambridge, this evening and had a KC-135 come over lit up like a Christmas tree and approx 2,000 ft altitude. Obviously inbound Mildenhall. I checked up on it on FR24 and watched it's approach. I get a lot of F-15's fly over from Lakenheath, but sadly they don't show up on FR24. I also see a few V-22 Osprey's. They make the strangest sound. The first time I heard one approaching, I went outside expecting to see a C-5 and was surprised to see a v-22.

Kevin

Plenty of high level fighter aircraft passing east to west in recent days. Usually 2 waves in early afternoon. Normally in groups of four. I suspect USAF. Anyone able to confirm what they are. They never show on FR24 or Planefinder.

There has been plenty of military aircraft activity in Pembrokeshire for the last three days. I have not seen any aircraft due to poor weather, but have certainly heard them. I believe they were practicing over the Castlemartin tank training area.

Thanks Cambrian. Interesting. From time to time over many years now, we do get high level military movements. Usually USAF F15's in small formations. They can be seen in clear conditions through binoculars. With the quiet skies currently, they stand out as much noisier than regular modern airliners, and after passing overhead the noise continues for several minutes. Unfortunately recent weather conditions haven't helped identification. I am on the eastern edge of Birmingham.

DC3 alert! Canadian C-GEAJ over East Anglia heading north. At 10000 feet (and at time of writing abeam Lakenheath)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock