a formation of thunderstorms have formed in Worcestershire and is moving slowly ENE and a larger group is over East England moving same direction,

Yes, we had thunderstorms rolling through here in Cambridgeshire this afternoon. Whilst I would normally have referred to them as quite a heavy storm with torrential rain, they paled in comparison with the storm we had on Thursday.
On another point, does anyone else find that when the weather is hot and humid, a good cup of tea refreshes and cools you? Strange that a hot beverage has that effect, but it's always my 'go to' in those conditions.

Kevin

Just a bid to those interested.

a formation of thunderstorms have formed in Worcestershire and is moving slowly ENE and a larger group is over East England moving same direction, according to Met Office radar, South Birmingham is affected. Given humidity is currently 77% suggesting large amounts of rainfall.

I've been following them over the last week or so using the link below which looks to be fairly accurate.

There really has been some spectacular displays this week.

Hmmm, the thunder fizzled out and a bit of drizzle was the sum total of today's activity. Forecast suggests further episodes. A hot drink is said to help regulate body temperature but I find a cloth soaked in hot water placed upon the face serves the same purposes of cooling off. Opening the poures in the skin allowing heat to escape supposedly!

On another point, does anyone else find that when the weather is hot and humid, a good cup of tea refreshes and cools you? Strange that a hot beverage has that effect, but it's always my 'go to' in those conditions.

I remember seeing a programme on this a few years ago.

Apparently drinking a hot beverage on a warm day increases the core body temperature which makes one sweat more and as long as that sweat can evaporate it causes a cooling effect. I think it all depends upon the rate of perspiration and the air conditions at the time, a very hot and humid day for instance can reduce it's effectiveness.

I remember seeing a programme on this a few years ago.

Apparently drinking a hot beverage on a warm day increases the core body temperature which makes one sweat more and as long as that sweat can evaporate it causes a cooling effect. I think it all depends upon the rate of perspiration and the air conditions at the time, a very hot and humid day for instance can reduce it's effectiveness.

The theory seems plausible, but coffee doesn't have the same effect.

Kevin

Not sure, the programme I saw only had them drinking tea.

There could be something in it though as if you think of one of the hottest regions on the planet, the Middle East, they are quite big tea drinkers in general.

Don't forget India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. In fact drinking tea is one of the criteria I use to define a 'civilised' country. Basically, a 'civilised' nation drinks tea (or chai) and plays Cricket.

Kevin

At least Manchester United were law abiding and obeyed the rule of six!

Just to bring some balance to Villa's performance Liverpools record league defeat is 9-1 in 1954 by of all teams Birmingham City as a bluenose its the only consolation I can think of.

Seriously though great performance by Villa and superb start to the season for them, the brother in law (a Villa nut) was texting within a nano second of the final whistle from Spain.

Are the Commonwealth games about to be reallocated or postponed? A second member of the Board has resigned due to internal transparency issues.

I have a feeling that this edition of the games is jinxed, awarded because no one else wanted it and then held back and awarded again, then the virus and building changes and now internal politics.

With the 2020 Olympics rescheduled for 2021, will athletes be ready or properly prepared for global competition in successive years?

I think there must be a big question mark whether these games go ahead. The plans have been struggling even before Covid-19 was heard of. It's fair to say Council leaders have been talking it up, whilst things have fallen badly behind. Covid situation on-going may be the last nail in the coffin?. Very sad, as this had been well received generally as a big opportunity to promote the city and a boost for the airport no doubt. I just hope I'm wrong on this.

Stumbled upon a website offering worldwide webcam feeds covering all subjects. WEBCAMTAXI.COM . This morning I am watching Hurricane Delta passing by Yucutan Mexico, still dark but lightning showing nicely and winds still light to moderate.

I recommend this platform, travel the world without the quarantine regulations and on your sofa and your tipple of choice!

Changing subject being at a loose end and fed up with the virus, brexit and Trump etc ended up talking to the wife about our unforfilled bucket list although we have done most of it.

My first choice to watch England play cricket in Barbados or Australia which got a big no and her choice is to go round the Vatican even though she is not Catholic and volunteers at our local Church of England my answer was similar to hers although I am willing to come to an mutual arrangement.

Second choice remarkably coincided to see Queen so in a fit of madness we've booked tickets for next June in Brum with an overnight stay so two older folk heading to a combined age of 140 must be mad but hey ho and at least we are younger than the two founder members.

I haven't been into Birmingham for a couple of years as we prefer the quieter side of things these days dog walking across the fields etc but looking forward to having of a day or two looking around.

Anyone else got a bucket list done or still to be forfilled?

Bucket list to me is inviting my end to come sooner than is likely but I'll give it a go.

First is a stay on Sint Maarten not just for the planes but the island is so interesting, two nations sharing a small island.

Next is a go in a B747 simulator or preferably A340 since I may be medically banned from flying for real.

Next is a European night at Old Trafford.

If possible, an airside tour of BHX, just to see the place working.

Stumbled upon a website offering worldwide webcam feeds covering all subjects. WEBCAMTAXI.COM . This morning I am watching Hurricane Delta passing by Yucutan Mexico, still dark but lightning showing nicely and winds still light to moderate.

I recommend this platform, travel the world without the quarantine regulations and on your sofa and your tipple of choice!
Fascinating - many thanks for that. I've had a brief look and will look further when I have more time.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock