Men's and women's football are quite different though. It's not really possible to compare them realistically. For starters the women's game lacks the power, speed and much of the physicality of the men's game. Some of the female players are very skilful but they do have more time to adjust because of the slower nature of their game.

In 2017 England won the Male Under 17s World Cup which is a higher level than the Women's World Cup with players taking part already on Premier League clubs' books - players such as Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) and Phil Foden (Manchester City) - but very little was made of it in this country.

Winning that would be at least on a par with the women winning their World Cup.

Men's and women's football are quite different though. It's not really possible to compare them realistically. For starters the women's game lacks the power, speed and much of the physicality of the men's game. Some of the female players are very skilful but they do have more time to adjust because of the slower nature of their game.

In 2017 England won the Male Under 17s World Cup which is a higher level than the Women's World Cup with players taking part already on Premier League clubs' books - players such as Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea) and Phil Foden (Manchester City) - but very little was made of it in this country.

Winning that would be at least on a par with the women winning their World Cup.
I agree it is difficult to compare, but the professionalism and fair play of the women puts the men's game to shame. No rolling round when they catch a blade of grass at the wrong angle and even the man u of womens international football, Cameroon, did not tempt the women to angrily crowd the ref.

Plus this is the best performance by an England team in a proper World Cup since 1966: it is not below the mens U17s...was that an opinion from the misogynists Almanac of Sport.

And look how bad the U17 men now are U21.....and since they play in the Premier League...gulp. Shocking. Sorry Villa and wolves, but it is not a world class league but a nesting ground for overpriced Euro rejects...how else does one explain Paul Pogba?

No. Sorry, but it must be loud and clear. Come on the lionesses. For the first time since 1998 I am cheering and England team to victory.

And did anyone see the condescending idiot of the BBC News this morning when he said that they had even made it onto the front pages of the papers. I know that they have dumbed down since the trip up north but what the....

Lionesses all the way.

I agree it is difficult to compare, but the professionalism and fair play of the women puts the men's game to shame. No rolling round when they catch a blade of grass at the wrong angle and even the man u of womens international football, Cameroon, did not tempt the women to angrily crowd the ref.

Plus this is the best performance by an England team in a proper World Cup since 1966: it is not below the mens U17s...was that an opinion from the misogynists Almanac of Sport.

And look how bad the U17 men now are U21.....and since they play in the Premier League...gulp. Shocking. Sorry Villa and wolves, but it is not a world class league but a nesting ground for overpriced Euro rejects...how else does one explain Paul Pogba?

No. Sorry, but it must be loud and clear. Come on the lionesses. For the first time since 1998 I am cheering and England team to victory.

And did anyone see the condescending idiot of the BBC News this morning when he said that they had even made it onto the front pages of the papers. I know that they have dumbed down since the trip up north but what the....

Lionesses all the way.
Are you really saying that the England Women's team would have beaten the Under 17s team? If you are then I agree that would mean that the England Women's team is not at a lower level than the Under 17s, but with the likes of the players who were in that Under 17s side I think it highly unlikely - to put it mildly.

Your reference to mysogyny is unworthy and I resent it. Your implication is clear. I hope you have the good grace to withdraw it.

As to what is and what is not a 'proper' World Cup we shall have to differ. The Under 17s was, and is, in my view as equally a World Cup as the Men's and Women's World Cup.

Quote Quote

Brum x you don't have to know anything about cricket but just put the TV on for a few minutes, look at the crowd and watch England playing an away game while in theory being at home and then imagine the potential for more direct services from BHX to India.

It should be a great game.

Looking great in the sun :)

Picture credit to the Cricket World Cup Twitter.

D-T9Cz-XYAAk4rL.jpg

BIRMINGHAM Past and Future :love:

Which one do you prefer ?

Picture Credit: Rachel Steer Illustration is by @rokasp1993

View attachment 13553
I love this it’s amazing it is such a fascinating piece of Art that I think needs to be displayed and showcased at the Airport.
To be honest I think Birmingham Airport need to invest in a lot of Art work and Art Projects from Local artists in Birmingham and the wider West Midlands region. Now a days a lot of Airports are investing time and money into all these Art Projects in there Terminal’s to help promote there country, city and history it makes them so much beautiful also it’s makes Airports become a stress free environment for a lot of travellers, not just that these Art projects are great for Business Travellers & Connecting Passengers who don’t have time to see or experience the city and it local culture properly or are just passing through an Airport and don’t really get a one second to even step outside and experience the country that they are transiting through. I think Birmingham Airport seriously need to invest in this for both there Departures and Arrivals as I think will help to improve BHX and make it a better Airport for travellers as well as for the West Midlands region because you are and will be promoting the best of local talent within the region, but also the culture and the heritage of Birmingham and it promotes Birmingham & the West Midlands region as whole and not only that I think it will help to attract more local business to work with Airport.
One thing I am annoyed about is that the Airport got rid of this Digital Display Screen in the Arrivals section of the International Pier that showcased the Best of Birmingham & West Midlands which has a list of all the Local attraction and things do within the City & WM I saw it for the first time when I was coming back from Kolkata on Emirates EK37 back in August 2011 and thought it looked absolutely amazing, then in August 2013 when I was coming back from Dubai with Lufthansa they still had the display but it was switched off and I think it was either when I was coming back from Dubai in 2014 August (Flight EK39) or Kolkata in 2015 August (Flight EK37) they got rid of it and replaced it with Shakespeare’s England advert that’s printed on the wall which I think looks tacky unless they put actual Art Work and display pieces for people to see.

[B]Visit Birmingham[/B]‏Verified account @[B]visit_bham[/B] 22h22 hours ago
More
What an EPIC weekend in #Birmingham!
1f3cf.png
☀️

✅
25k fans creating a one-of-a-kind atmosphere for #ENGvIND @edgbaston
✅
35k visitors celebrating at the city Fanzone Incredible to see so many of you creating amazing moments in this amazing city!
Cricket has great fans. It is the only international sport in the UK where the 'away' fans can out number the home fans and noone gives a two cahoots because everyone is there for one thing: a darn good days sport. And nothing beats India v England at Edgbaston. The players love the place as it's atmosphere is one of the best in the world. Beats stuffy Lords and even the party land of the Oval. That is why the 20/20 finals weekend is there. Bring on the next phase of redevelopment and c30,000 capacity.

Edgbaston full again yesterday for Bangladesh v India next up is a semi final which if things go right today for England could turn out to be England v India again but an even bigger game and later in the summer we play the Aussies in the Ashes which will attract at least 70,000 spectators over the first three days as they are practically sold out and if the match goes the full five days the attendance could top 100,000
If the weather cooperates.

What a sporting summer for the city cricketwise with lots of international exposure.

It would of been nicer if it was sunny but it was quite cool watching the rain droplets hit the mirror pool (y)

Looks great! It will be even better when the cranes have gone form the background and the fence to the right removed.
People are forever drawn to water, but what will happen in winter when it's frozen solid? Ice skating, or will it be cordoned off?

Kevin

Looks great! It will be even better when the cranes have gone form the background and the fence to the right removed.
People are forever drawn to water, but what will happen in winter when it's frozen solid? Ice skating, or will it be cordoned off?

Kevin

No chance of any cranes going from that view I'm afraid Kevin as you will have x 2 cranes at 103 Colmore Row rise with the tower which will rise above the new Paradise office buildings in the distance and then construction of 1 Centenary Square is due to start by the end of this year which will tower above those x 2 new buildings in the distance. There is no stopping Birmingham's construction boom in the short to medium term. What the long term brings is another question but there is enough projects due to start or just started to keep me crane happy for a few more years yet.

Also Kevin, I hate to spoil your Sunday but redevelopment of the ICC/ Symphony hall is due to start shortly which will see the existing frontage pulled down and a new one constructed. Birmingham's motto is FORWARD :love: however I understand what you are saying as you can never get many photo's around Birmingham without a construction site/crane in the distance.

A pic of the new ICC/Symphony hall frontage for every bodies information and thoughts and then I will stop waffling on as any further info will be put in the Birmingham Urban thread.

View attachment 13751

Big day for Brum tomorrow. Edgbaston. Let the nation unite and chase them Aussies out of this land....cricket wise of course.

Plus, did anyone on this forum send the BBC the snaps of the England footie team returning from the World Cup?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock