Advertisement

Random Stuff!

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
It would of been nicer if it was sunny but it was quite cool watching the rain droplets hit the mirror pool (y)

Looks great! It will be even better when the cranes have gone form the background and the fence to the right removed.
People are forever drawn to water, but what will happen in winter when it's frozen solid? Ice skating, or will it be cordoned off?

Kevin

Advertisement

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Looks great! It will be even better when the cranes have gone form the background and the fence to the right removed.
People are forever drawn to water, but what will happen in winter when it's frozen solid? Ice skating, or will it be cordoned off?

Kevin

No chance of any cranes going from that view I'm afraid Kevin as you will have x 2 cranes at 103 Colmore Row rise with the tower which will rise above the new Paradise office buildings in the distance and then construction of 1 Centenary Square is due to start by the end of this year which will tower above those x 2 new buildings in the distance. There is no stopping Birmingham's construction boom in the short to medium term. What the long term brings is another question but there is enough projects due to start or just started to keep me crane happy for a few more years yet.

Also Kevin, I hate to spoil your Sunday but redevelopment of the ICC/ Symphony hall is due to start shortly which will see the existing frontage pulled down and a new one constructed. Birmingham's motto is FORWARD :love: however I understand what you are saying as you can never get many photo's around Birmingham without a construction site/crane in the distance.

A pic of the new ICC/Symphony hall frontage for every bodies information and thoughts and then I will stop waffling on as any further info will be put in the Birmingham Urban thread.

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Big day for Brum tomorrow. Edgbaston. Let the nation unite and chase them Aussies out of this land....cricket wise of course.

Plus, did anyone on this forum send the BBC the snaps of the England footie team returning from the World Cup?

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Good luck England gutted in India lost yesterday :cautious:
'Liked' for the first part of your post, not the second part.:)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Fortress Edgbaston :punch:

It's good to see that Sky are allowing Channel Four to broadcast the final on Sunday (y)

I've informed Mrs F and the kids that they're on their own for the day :)

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
.....and F1 also, just like the olden days! Grandstand and World of Sport were those programmes when nothing else got in the way of sport.
I remember those days! Once TISWAS had finished, it was sport for the rest of the day until early evening. We had a choice of three channels back then (BBC1, BBC2 and ITV). I'm not sure BBC2 was available unti the evening.

Regards

Kevin

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Fortress Edgbaston :punch:

It's good to see that Sky are allowing Channel Four to broadcast the final on Sunday (y)

I've informed Mrs F and the kids that they're on their own for the day :)

I think I might go for TV pictures and Test Match Special commentary...assuming they sync.

rollo

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2014
Watched most of yesterday's game brilliant performance, can't wait for the final just sorry its at Lords if it must be in London surely the Oval is better suited for one day cricket (less stuffy).

Edgbaston is England's fortress and crickets equivalent of Anfield on a European night and Old Trafford or Headingly also knock spots off the southern grounds for atmosphere in one day cricket.

Test matches are a different kettle of fish though and are my preferred form of the game and no doubt the Aussies will be back with a vengeance for the Ashes starting on August 1st unfortunately for them it's at Edgbaston more great International exposure for Birmingham.

Will watch the Grand Prix on catch up at some point.

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
I agree Rollo on the Oval rather than Lords. The latter is far too stuffy but the home of cricket seems to win each time. At least it's stuffiness and lack of fun provides a bit of a level playing field for the Kiwis.

So much coverage including overseas referencing the fantastic atmosphere yesterday. Made all the better by the style of England's win.

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
I used to be a big fan of F1, just find it incredibly boring now, with the lack of overtaking, and am I the only person that doesnt like Lewis Hamilton?

Cricket World Cup Final all the way for me on Sunday!! (y)
You are not alone. I am sure he is a great bloke but he spends too much time on his look. Very un-blokeish. However he is a phenomenal driver in a great car.

I agree that the sport lacks overtaking in F1. Could be worse: could be formula E. The only interesting thing is that are the crashes but the cars are so slow that it hardly matters...thankfully for the drivers sake.

Aussie V8 series for me. Watching those beasts lock horns a few centimetres apart through the bends at Mount Panorama is a sight to behold.

Advertisement

Top Bottom