Good luck England gutted in India lost yesterday :cautious:
'Liked' for the first part of your post, not the second part.:)

Fortress Edgbaston :punch:

It's good to see that Sky are allowing Channel Four to broadcast the final on Sunday (y)

I've informed Mrs F and the kids that they're on their own for the day :)

.....and F1 also, just like the olden days! Grandstand and World of Sport were those programmes when nothing else got in the way of sport.
I remember those days! Once TISWAS had finished, it was sport for the rest of the day until early evening. We had a choice of three channels back then (BBC1, BBC2 and ITV). I'm not sure BBC2 was available unti the evening.

Regards

Kevin

Fortress Edgbaston :punch:

It's good to see that Sky are allowing Channel Four to broadcast the final on Sunday (y)

I've informed Mrs F and the kids that they're on their own for the day :)

I think I might go for TV pictures and Test Match Special commentary...assuming they sync.

Watched most of yesterday's game brilliant performance, can't wait for the final just sorry its at Lords if it must be in London surely the Oval is better suited for one day cricket (less stuffy).

Edgbaston is England's fortress and crickets equivalent of Anfield on a European night and Old Trafford or Headingly also knock spots off the southern grounds for atmosphere in one day cricket.

Test matches are a different kettle of fish though and are my preferred form of the game and no doubt the Aussies will be back with a vengeance for the Ashes starting on August 1st unfortunately for them it's at Edgbaston more great International exposure for Birmingham.

Will watch the Grand Prix on catch up at some point.

I agree Rollo on the Oval rather than Lords. The latter is far too stuffy but the home of cricket seems to win each time. At least it's stuffiness and lack of fun provides a bit of a level playing field for the Kiwis.

So much coverage including overseas referencing the fantastic atmosphere yesterday. Made all the better by the style of England's win.

I used to be a big fan of F1, just find it incredibly boring now, with the lack of overtaking, and am I the only person that doesnt like Lewis Hamilton?

Cricket World Cup Final all the way for me on Sunday!! (y)
You are not alone. I am sure he is a great bloke but he spends too much time on his look. Very un-blokeish. However he is a phenomenal driver in a great car.

I agree that the sport lacks overtaking in F1. Could be worse: could be formula E. The only interesting thing is that are the crashes but the cars are so slow that it hardly matters...thankfully for the drivers sake.

Aussie V8 series for me. Watching those beasts lock horns a few centimetres apart through the bends at Mount Panorama is a sight to behold.

People who say the younger generation have no respect or discipline, think again.

When people in this city are trying to make it a nicer place, you have these ------- who think it is acceptable to go around vandalising and even taking the floral displays that are located around the Southside area of the city. And they are not young and drunk, they are a bunch of old men. You are a disgrace but it is all on CCTV so hopefully they will have a polite knock on the door soon. :mad:

View attachment 13802

Society does tend to generalise or compartmentalise.

I see people of all ages and genders dropping litter in the street for example, with dog ends a particular bete noire of mine.

Without in any wishing to excuse the actions of the men in the video - in fact it mainly concentrates on one man - I wonder from his bags, some on his back, whether he is homeless. He seemed to retain some of the plants after knocking off some of the earth and perhaps thought he could sell them, not that he would be likely to get much for them.

People who say the younger generation have no respect or discipline, think again.

When people in this city are trying to make it a nicer place, you have these ------- who think it is acceptable to go around vandalising and even taking the floral displays that are located around the Southside area of the city. And they are not young and drunk, they are a bunch of old men. You are a disgrace but it is all on CCTV so hopefully they will have a polite knock on the door soon. :mad:

View attachment 13802
The elderly are as bad if not worse. I once created a raised grass bank as part of a regeneration scheme. I insisted that the Heras fencing stayed in place until the grass had taken, but the week after the fencing was removed some old people were caught on CCTV rolling up the turf and walking off.

And they moan at the young. I hope I never think "ummm. draylon settees"

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock