An Air China B744 is due Edinburgh Friday 29th at 13.00hrs from Beijing. It returns to Xi'an at 15.00hrs. This info via the dried fruit forum.

Hi there all, so again, why is Birmingham Airport missing out on these long haul flights again, even if its only just cargo, surely Birmingham Airport management can make a deal for this to happen.. Andyc

I would think BHX management have more pressing problems at the moment othet than chasing one off cargo flights.
Like trying to salvage some of the network they had before the crisis.
I see Brussels Airlines have announced their planed timetable comencing next month.
BHX is not on it. That is 45! European destinations they regard as better options than BHX.
A fair indication of where BHX's position is in the pecking order at the moment..

Discover our new 2020 summer network!
The gates to the sky are finally reopening! We couldn’t be happier to announce our summer network, with 59 destinations in Europe, Africa and the US gradually opening between 15 June and 31 August. A network to meet our customers’ needs.

Make sure to keep an eye on our flight offer: more destinations starting from September will be added soon!

September at the earliest then? Maybe another airline feeling they can "serve" the Midlands via Heathrow and Manchester?

Are BRUSSELS part of Lufthansa group, the entity that has accepted a bailout by the German government? May be Brussels Airlines will maintain service.

I still think of them as SABENA.

Yes Brussels Airlines is part of the Lufthansa group.

However it is Lufthansa the airline, not the group, that is getting a bailout from the German government - i.e. the money can't be used to help other airlines in the group.

Hi there 58terminus, there is no need to just down my throat, I was only just generally asking a question, that's all... Andyc

I would think BHX management have more pressing problems at the moment othet than chasing one off cargo flights.
Like trying to salvage some of the network they had before the crisis.
I see Brussels Airlines have announced their planed timetable comencing next month.
BHX is not on it. That is 45! European destinations they regard as better options than BHX.
A fair indication of where BHX's position is in the pecking order at the moment..

Brussels Airlines are downsizing to a fleet of 38, so BHX have done well to keep them !
This has always one of BHX's most profitable routes with high yields
They are 100% coming back, I think 01.09.20

Just heard on BBC television Midlands Today that there will be no financial assistance offered by the ownership to ease the company through the lockdown..this just proves to me that BHX is just a play thing for the councils, a sufferance to be tolerated if you like. Is insolvency the likely outcome?

I guess it depends on if they need any financial support or if there is enough set aside to see them through.

The article doesn't suggest that help has been asked for and refused, just that there are 'no plans'.

More detail needed I think.

I can't believe it! My internet connection tripped out one minute and one second before launch. It came back on 30 seconds after launch.
Enjoyed watching the rest of it though. Amazing technology and a textbook launch. Crew Dragon can seat up to seven astronauts which is a big step up from the Russian Soyuz vehicle (though it has to be said that has been a very reliable machine).

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock