Today’s EK departure was from runway 33 with a LEFT turn, very unusual for left turn off 33 & first time I’ve seen Emirates departure going over my house !

Must be weather related, I was driving on the M6 around J5 (under what would be the normal flight path) yesterday at around the time EK40 takes off and very suddenly the weather took a turn with dark clouds and heavy wind+rain - but it was fine further west.

Is it correct that even Emirates and it's wealthy owners can no longer justify such a huge fleet of A380 and Etihad want to retire their own fleet?

Will a A380 ever Grace BHX again?

Is it correct that even Emirates and it's wealthy owners can no longer justify such a huge fleet of A380 and Etihad want to retire their own fleet?

Will a A380 ever Grace BHX again?

Pre Covid, Emirates was planning on flying their over 100 strong fleet of A380's for at least another decade. The 777X, the aircraft that comes closest to matching the A380 for capacity, won't join the fleet until at least 2022, and will likely take 5+ years for all 114 of them to be delivered. The chances of Emirates still flying some A380's by 2030 are almost a certainty.

As for Etihad I really don't know. They have the most opulent first class of any of the MEB3, and have gone one further with 'The Residence' (a 3 room "apartment") on their A380's. I can't see them wanting to give that up.

Qantas currently plan on grounding their A380's for 3 years, so maybe Etihad will keep theirs grounded for an extended time.

Comparing S21 Emirates capacity to last summer, besides Edinburgh (dropped completely, which surprised me) and Gatwick, Birmingham sees the largest drop in capacity. Considering we had 2x daily A380's vs 1 daily B777 at Newcastle, it's quite disheartening to see Birmingham will see the same capacity as Newcastle next summer.

I swear Emirates are changing their operation on an almost weekly basis, so hopefully when (or if) the government introduces testing as a way to reduce/avoid quarantine, we may see more capacity from them.

Thank you Coat hanger for the comprehensive response,, perfectly delivered!

I should mention that I was reading a Simple Flying or Routes Online update or something like Google News, reliability never to be taken as gospel truth.

Emirates are updating very often and nearly always on a downward spiral and to be honest it doesn`t look good

There was a time when I thought Emirates may acquire the Airbus Aircraft business given that they monopolized the A380 line. A little but deadly virus has risked the failure of both. Beware, expect the unexpected!

I'm glad Ito have had my trips on A380's over the past few years - it was fantastic to have a shower and use the private bar at the front of the upper deck, if I never get to experience this again, at least I have my memories.

14 hours in first to Brisbane, 10 hours for Perth and 16 hours back from Auckland was well worth it :)

Sad times.

To be totally honest, whilst at presents to see BHX, GLA, STN and NCL with the same capacity for S21, that is a long time away ad a lot can happen in that time. Remember we had 2x A380s booked into the system in Oct until early sept so will expect this to change.

That said, I'm glad just to have EK back on the tarmac... have they even resumed flights to NCL yet?

I see UAE is now part of U.K. travel corridor & hopefully this will help emirates flights particularly coming up to festive period

Remember its where you have been for the 14 days prior to your arrival in the UK that matters.

So say you fly from South Africa (quarantine required) to the UK via Dubai, you will still have to quarantine.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock