If Mytilene has disappeared for S22 my sister and hubbie will be upset!. They have it booked for S21 and go every summer, although not this year of course. Originally Monarch customers on that route until their collapse.

If Mytilene has disappeared for S22 my sister and hubbie will be upset!. They have it booked for S21 and go every summer, although not this year of course. Originally Monarch customers on that route until their collapse.

Very early days yet so hopefully just sorting out the schedule. One to keep an eye on though.

As the discussion has moved away from Jet2 and become more of a wish list as to who could fly where I've moved it, click the link below to continue :)

Jet2 have cancelled Mytilene (Lesbos) from BHX according to a family member. Booked for late June 2021. More to follow i fear.

Yet another route added to the unserved list.

I'd like to say that it was a typical BHX one season wonder but this one never even got started.

I notice how it's still available from BRS, a base that isn't even up and running yet!

Nice has also gone and pretty much from the whole of the Jet2 network.

At least other airports have an alternative option on the route, BHX however.....!!

No surprise really about Mytilene, its never been popular from Birmingham, guess Jet 2 were taking a gamble with it, I can only see Airtours in 1995, and Thomas Cook in 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019 that have operated it once a week in summer.. Better to cancel the flights, and replace them with a destination that will sell!

I think they need to unfurlough the route team before it's too late. It seems like they are sitting idle, they need to be negotiating and getting out there, new routes aren't just going to fall in their lap.
Or they are being cautious in the approach? Looking at the wider picture of some routes, after all they have the data. I’d rather then be cautious then doing a gamble approach like Wizz Air.

Or they are being cautious in the approach? Looking at the wider picture of some routes, after all they have the data. I’d rather then be cautious then doing a gamble approach like Wizz Air.
The less flights, the less money coming in for the airport, how long can they afford to be cautious. I think Wizz have been hugely positive for the airport, they have introduced routes to Birmingham which other carriers never did and all their routes are popular. They were also one of the few carriers who continued to fly and are adding to their Birmingham network.

The less flights, the less money coming in for the airport, how long can they afford to be cautious. I think Wizz have been hugely positive for the airport, they have introduced routes to Birmingham which other carriers never did and all their routes are popular. They were also one of the few carriers who continued to fly and are adding to their Birmingham network.
You seem to forget that they are withdrawing from major cruise ports, cities which may take longer time to recover or very niche routes. The bread and butter bucket and spade routes have stayed, most, better then 2019 levels for 2021. They are classes as cash cows, they print endless money. They allows niche routes to be served.

I think we have our wires crossed but I was referring more to the airport needing to do more to retain and attract routes. It is of course a shame that Mytilene has been dropped by Jet2 but hopefully the rest of their network will stay. In regards to Wizz with exception of Poznan I am not aware of any routes which have been lost from the Birmingham network.

Murcia has been cut and now only operates from the last week in July until the first week in Sept.

Budapest will not operate from April to September.

In regards to Wizz with exception of Poznan I am not aware of any routes which have been lost from the Birmingham network.

Sofia was also dropped but that was to do with a reduction in the base there and a number of other routes were also cut.

To be expected. They are probably re shaping for 2021. Following where the markets go. Don't forget they run a holiday business. They are unsure how some of those destinations will look next summer. Hoteliers, resorts, suppliers and business partners on the ground. Some of those routes culled where new for 2020, others such as GRO which I'm surprised at. EDI-NAP too.

VCE we know and has being discussed.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock