Jet2 slowly releasing the Winter 18/19 programme.

As part of this - PMI's last STN flight for Summer 18 season departs on the 18th November 2018. Flights then re-start for the Christmas period on 20th December till 6th January (just like MAN) before re-starting on the 7th March slowly increasing to 5 weekly.

Strength to strength to strength:

https://www.jet2.com/News/Flying_High_at_London_Stans-Ten/

Hot on the heels of marking our first anniversary at London Stansted Airport, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is announcing even more growth at the base today. As locals continue to flock to the sunshine and the ski slopes from London Stansted, 90,000 additional seats are going on sale over the summer and winter to meet this demand, with a tenth based aircraft coming into the fleet to support this expansion.

aircraft-flying.jpg

The new aircraft will come into operation from July, in direct response to continued demand for great value package holidays during the summer, as well as demand for sunny escapes and ski flights during the winter.

We are adding 50,000 seats to the most popular destinations for Summer 18, giving holidaymakers a hol lot more sun, choice and flexibility. In addition to that, another 40,000 seatsare going on sale for Winter 18/19, with more flights to winter sun and ski destinations, including a brand new ski route to Turin.

This also means the creation of more new positions in Flight Deck, Ground Operations and Cabin Crew roles, on top of the new 120 jobs that we announced recently.

We will fly to 33 sun and city destinations from London Stansted in Summer 18, and thanks to the addition of this new aircraft holidaymakers can look forward to more flights and holidays to some of their favourite destinations such as Lanzarote, Tenerife, Majorca, Reus, the Algarve, Madeira, Corfu, Zante and Turkey.

We will also fly to 26 destinations from London Stansted in Winter 18/19, including a brand new ski route to Turin, meaning skiers and snowboarders access can ski it to believe it in Italy’s best Alpine resorts, on top of existing ski routes to Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg and Lyon. In addition, we will be adding more flights to great Winter Sun destinations such as Alicante, Faro, Madeira, the Canary Islands and Antalya.

Since our first flight from London Stansted on March 30th 2017, we have flown more than one million customers to and from our newest base, and strong demand has enabled us to enjoy continued growth. At launch we operated six aircraft at the base whereas today’s announcement means there will be ten based aircraft at London Stansted from July.

Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Just last week we announced how successful our first year at London Stansted has been, and we are delighted to be building on that with more good news today. The addition of a tenth based aircraft at London Stansted means we are creating even more new jobs in the local area, and are adding more choice, including the launch of a fantastic new ski route to Turin. Since we launched in the South of England, we have been constantly adding more choice for holidaymakers with our award-winning airline and tour operator, and that is down to the continued demand that we have seen from customers.”

Extra Programme

Mondays:
ACE (6 Weekly) - STN 09:35 13:50 ACE ACE 14:45 18:55 STN
Tuesdays:
Corfu (4 Weekly) - STN 08:55 14:15 CFU CFU 15:15 16:35 STN
Wednesday:
Zante (5 Weekly) - STN 10:00 15:35 ZTH ZTH 17:20 18:55 STN
Thursday:
PMI (13 Weekly) - STN 09:30 13:10 PMI PMI 14:10 15:45 STN
REU (5 Weekly) - STN 16:40 19:50 REU REU 20:45 22:05 STN
Fridays:
TFS (8 Weekly) - STN 05:55 10:15 TFS TFS 11:10 15:25 STN
DLM (6 Weekly) - STN 16:40 22:40 DLM DLM 23:40 01:55 STN
Saturday:
FAO (9 Weekly) - STN 09:00 11:55 FAO FAO 12:55 15:45 STN
MAH (6 Weekly) - STN 16:40 20:05 MAH MAH 21:15 22:45 STN (2 weekly on a Saturday)
Sunday:
FNC (3 Weekly) - STN 06:30 10:25 FNC FNC 11:25 15:20 STN
AYT (6 Weekly) - STN 16:45 23:00 AYT AYT 23:55 02:20 STN

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but STN has a weekly Lleida on Sunday mornings from Dec 23rd until March 17th.

Ooo well spotted Ray.

STN is really paying of for Jet2 - i'd expect this route to probably operate out of MAN soon. The next obvious missing on on the ski network is INN.

Looks like there is some expansion for the route network at STN for Summer 19:

Alicante now 12 weekly
Antalya now daily
Bodrum now 4 weekly
Corfu now 5 weekly
Dalaman now daily
Dubrovnik now 6 weekly
Faro goes to 12 weekly
Lanzarote goes to 8 weekly with the 2nd daily service on Sundays.
Funchal now at 4 weekly
Nice was previously reduced to 3 weekly but is now at 4 weekly.
Paphos now daily
Split goes to 3 weekly
Tenerife now at 11 weekly services.

STN now has 190 weekly departures taking it to the 3rd largest base in the Jet2 network. There is a 21.8% increase YOY growth in weekly departures at STN. This is without taking into consideration any seat growth and what aircraft they'll be using.

Turkey is really bouncing back and is seeing great growth at STN.

This year we've seen the 767 and i've heard it is going out of STN full. So i wouldn't be surprised to see the titan 767 at STN next year.

S20 so far 203 weekly frequencies serving 41 destinations. Up from 190:36 ratio for S19.

They require 14 aircraft with two aircraft swapping over into PMI/STN (e.g. one aircraft does STN-PUY, PUY-STN, STN-VRN, VRN-STN, STN-PMI whilst the other does PMI-STN, STN-PMI, PMI-STN, STN-REU, REU-STN).

There is however gaps in the weekly schedule so i would expect some increases to happen later on the in year:

Tuesday AM - 2.
Tuesday PM - 4 on paper, 3 in reality as one of the AM departures is a day PFO
Wednesday PM - 5 on paper, however 2 in reality as three are day flights (2-ZTH and 1-PFO)
Friday AM - 1.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday PM - 1.

Quite a bit of expansion could happen from Thursday through to Sunday in the afternoon with 1 gap been filled on a Friday AM.

Woman marched off Jet2 plane at Stansted after ‘rushing cockpit’ sparking RAF fighter jet intercept over hijack fears

This makes me soooooo angry :rage:

Jet2 will pursue all associated costs i wouldn't worry about that.

Sadly, our government that has zero back bone, will entitle her to legal aid should she be entitled to it for her court case no doubt and will not claim back any costs with the deployment of the RAF fighter jet. In my country - she would be banned from ALL air travel leaving and arriving into the UK.

The one good thing which should be highlighted is the response of our RAF. That is, and will always remain, a credit to us.

According to ACL Jet2 have acquired 62 slots per week previously held by Thomas Cook.

8.8 slots per day, are slots worked out as a pair?

If they are not, that’s 4 extra aircraft. If they are that’s 2 extra aircraft based on - 2 flights a day.

Unbelievable growth from Jet2 in STN.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock